• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help vs. IC

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
My friend plays IC and I have a lot of trouble playing him. I have read a lot about the match up and I understand there are two main approaches: ignore Nana and go for a quick Popo kill, or ignore Popo and try to take out Nana quickly so that Popo is less dangerous.

Is there a method that is more beneficial to Falco? I would guess that killing Nana is better because of Falco's shine and some of his other moves that help to split them up.

Also, I have recently been getting trapped in the IC utilt, when they spin their hammers above their heads. It tends to tack on 20%-50% because Falco's weight makes him stick to the hammers for awhile. How can I avoid this/break out of this sooner?

Any other Falco vs. IC advice?

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
SDI out of U-tilt. Probably best to go for Nana first unless you get a good opening to kill Popo. Generally it's going to be a lot eaiser and safer to kill Nana than it is trying to kill Popo while Nana is still around.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
My friend plays IC and I have a lot of trouble playing him. I have read a lot about the match up and I understand there are two main approaches: ignore Nana and go for a quick Popo kill, or ignore Popo and try to take out Nana quickly so that Popo is less dangerous.

Is there a method that is more beneficial to Falco? I would guess that killing Nana is better because of Falco's shine and some of his other moves that help to split them up.

Also, I have recently been getting trapped in the IC utilt, when they spin their hammers above their heads. It tends to tack on 20%-50% because Falco's weight makes him stick to the hammers for awhile. How can I avoid this/break out of this sooner?

Any other Falco vs. IC advice?
Try to kill nana first, but if you get a clean dair shine on popo definitively take the chance to do as much damage as possible. Basically whoever you hit you try to do as much damage as you can, nana would be the easiest to deal with since she has dumb di.

If you have a friend (or the 20XX training pack) you can practice smash DI against ICs uptilt, just tap the stick quickly in one direction (either left or right), you can tap multiple times since the attack has many hitboxes (check: http://smashboards.com/threads/complete-ice-climbers-hitboxes-and-frame-data.285394/).

I'm curious on what's the best way to DI ICs up tilt, I'm going to test that as soon as I get home. With the 20XX training pack you can make a cpu do one or a combination of moves over and over again, and you can have the game show hitboxes + hurtboxes so that way you can see the exact reach of the attack.

Last edited:

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I'm curious on what's the best way to DI ICs up tilt, I'm going to test that as soon as I get home. With the 20XX training pack you can make a cpu do one or a combination of moves over and over again, and you can have the game show hitboxes + hurtboxes so that way you can see the exact reach of the attack.
Let me know when you figure out the best DI for IC utilt. My friend does that a lot and I've gotten good at escaping it but I'd like to get better.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I took some time to record this on a video file then I took some gifs out of that to show how what happens with certain DI inputs.

No di:
nodi.gif

Just holding away (Trajectory DI without SDI):
justholding.gif

Smash DI. Since the move has multiple hitboxes you may tap repeatedly in one direction (keep in mind this doesn't work for a single hitbox or hitbuble)
sdi1.gif

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Here I have some more:

Funny di (I tryed to dash dance while getting hit):

funnydi.gif

If you get caught from above SDI away and up, you'll never want to go inside that red spot of doom.

sdi while holding down:
sdidown.gif

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom