• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help using a GC controller for RoA

Tomy910

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just bought Rivals of Aether on Steam and I've been watching tutorials to play with the Wii U official GameCube adapter and I can play and everything but if I don't have a port used is like the sticks are pressed (watch image xD, I have the controller in the 2nd port and the 1st, 3rd and 4th appear like that) like going to the southwest. Is not that important, I know, but is frustrating.
Also, the problem above is for my laptop, I got another problem with the PC (with Windows 7), but this one directly doesn't work. When I run the Wii U USB GCN adapter the program does not work as it should be, it says:
Starting Driver.
Port 1 is detected (OK).
Enabling port 1...
Error: Unable to complete configuration for port 1. (Check vJoy install?)
Port 2 is not detected.
Enabling port 2...
Error: Unable to complete configuration for port 2. (Check vJoy install?)
Port 3 is not detected.
Enabling port 3...
Error: Unable to complete configuration for port 3. (Check vJoy install?)
Port 4 is not detected.
Enabling port 4...
Error: Unable to complete configuration for port 4. (Check vJoy install?)
Driver successfully started, entering input loop.

If anyone knows what is wrong tell me pls

Thanks for reading, and sorry for bothering xD

ea15bb059538891399f81ac5b7b68dce.png
edaac914f4e9277959d7f52e258c7558.png

Mega Fan

Smash Cadet
I wish I knew how to help, but the way I usually play RoA with my GC controller is by using the Mayflash adapter, as that naturally comes with Dinput compatibility. I don't know how to help with this specific issue at the moment, but if you happen to own a Mayflash adapter or know someone who does, then that could be an answer. Sorry if this was kind of pointless to post, just thought I might throw the idea out there.

What I would try is to assign the sticks to the "Stick Up" "Stick Left" etc. I don't own this program, but that's my best guess as to what to try.

Top Bottom