• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Help! Strange error....

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I was playing sm4sh yesterday, and mid-game, it pauses automatically and error code 150-1031 (or 2031, don't remember) came up and said "clean the disc, it might have crap on it" or something. There was no ok button. I took out the disc and wiped it with a lens cleaning wipe. When I put it back in, the error code showed up immediately again. Turning off the Wii u and turning it back on worked until I started another game and the same issue came up. My disc looks PRISTINE and has absolutely no scratches visible to me. Is this an issue with my disc or my Wii? Either way, is there a solution? Google hasn't really helped...

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It looks like the disc reader might either need it's lens cleaned or the reader itself might need to be replaced. This is the likely problem if it's the only problem you're having with your system and it's doing it with ALL of your discs. I'd get your Wii U checked and see what's what.

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
Actually, funny story: I booted the game today and it worked just fine.
And it also didn't happen with all the discs. In fact, pokken worked fine on it. Now it's not happening, and I'm hoping it doesn't reoccur. If it does, I know what to do. Thanks! ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~

UPDATE UPDATE: replicated the conditions when the error occurred. When items were turned on medium/all, this happened. But only when items were on.

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Well, mate, if you have warranty, I think it might be in your best interest for you to back all of your stuff up and trade your Wii U for a new one.

Top Bottom