• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Save DK From Extinction! ~ Keep Threads Active!

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I need to work my magic and bring some life back into the DK boards again.

I'll think of something we can all do as a whole. I already have something in mind.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So things are looking okay, we've managed to knock off that list that I had.

You guys can use this thread to communicate suggestions/concerns/ideas to DK's and myself on how to improve these boards.

It's probably the hardest question, but how can we increase activity? Gain some new players?

Perhaps it's time for a community DK combo vid? :p

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Haha yeah.

We could make it so that anyone can submit their clips and encouraging new players to join in, or even just people who use DK for fun and have a cool clip of him.

I can record but I'm not so good at editing.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
You shouldn't have kept it a secret!

I definitely want to hear any ideas you guys got, there's really no need to keep them secret :)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I didn't wanna sound stupid lol...

But yesh, if I can I'll record some of my awesome Bair too stage spike, footstool.

daisho

Smash Lord
Yeah I need to get my wii/capture card up here and start ****** some fools so we can get um in.

And I definitely think we should take clips from anyone who wants to submit them.

Just showcase random **** of DK.

I'm not a great editor but I got a pretty decent editing program and good computer for this kinda thing so I'd be happy to do it.

If you got any clips you can PM me... If anyone's got experience editing then you should def do this instead of me though lol

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well first, I gotta get up my DK replays. I don't have too many, but I'll start getting some recorded.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Community Combo Video is definitely a good way to draw new posters. Both the making of, and the video itself. When a thread for it is made, I'll spread it around. Nearly everyone in IN/KY either plays DK for fun or seconds him lol.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I can also just never shut up and DK mains Will be bound to come back and talk more.

:p That's what I did last time and it seemed to work. :p

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Any volunteers for project leader of the community combo video?

Another way we could of being more active is by responding to everything. Example: "Hey DK's!"
DK's: "Hey"

*shrugs* :p

Another concern is what to do with the threads that recently have died like the matchup thread or the teams thread.

daisho

Smash Lord
To be honest I never thought any sort of teams thread was actually useful discussion and wouldn't be opposed to just dropping it.

We can try to redo the matchups but haven't we finished all of them?
I guess re instituting the matchup thread is a pretty good way to make the boards more active.

If you haven't realized I've started posting alot more...

But what I found would a while ago (10ish months) which I'm not sure if it is still accurate is that there are alot of lurking DKs who read all of this stuff but don't post. That makes the boards pretty active without really showing it.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
But what I found would a while ago (10ish months) which I'm not sure if it is still accurate is that there are alot of lurking DKs who read all of this stuff but don't post. .
I'll have to fall into this category. I've been lurking the DK boards for the last 8 monts.

When I first started checking these boards was interested to know more about this incredibly epic character. Actually, pretty much everything that has been posted here (for the past 8 months) has made me main DK.
I would be happily willing to participate in the future "activities" (The CV?) if any help is needed :)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
To be honest I never thought any sort of teams thread was actually useful discussion and wouldn't be opposed to just dropping it.

I guess re instituting the matchup thread is a pretty good way to make the boards more active.

If you haven't realized I've started posting alot more...

But what I found would a while ago (10ish months) which I'm not sure if it is still accurate is that there are alot of lurking DKs who read all of this stuff but don't post. That makes the boards pretty active without really showing it.
I feel that everyone starts having different opinions on MUs after a while. I think re discussion should be in order. It's not a bad idea at all.

Silfa

Smash Ace
A community combo vid would be mad. Let's hope the idea doesn't die off after a week lol.

is there anyone with experience who can edit this sort of thing?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

Teams thread isn't really important, agreed. It's a nice discussion to have the side, but I think most everyone who uses DK in teams just does it based on who they have experience with, not on character ability.

Match-ups are always good to be rediscussed, since strategies are always changing and our experience grows over time.

And yeah, I've been lurking since around the start of '09... before I even joined this site.

I've edited videos for friends, but never anything like a combo video.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I really want to take on this project, I already have a decent number of vids saved, cause i was planning on making my own combo video, but it would be awesome to get them in a community combo vid too.

The only thing is i dont have much expercience editing, but i have some really kick a$$ programs for it.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'll try get the matchups running again. Just so you know anyone is free to make an export but it's probably best to get it up and running again.

So we have, Chaosgriffin, Daisho, myself who can record but we all somewhat fail on the editing part.
Sold 2 can edit and Chaos has kick a$$ editing programs. I've probably missed someone :p

I'll let you guys talk amongst yourself to pick a leader to get the thread started and running. This is so exciting! :D

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'll try get the matchups running again. Just so you know anyone is free to make an export but it's probably best to get it up and running again.

So we have, Chaosgriffin, Daisho, myself who can record but we all somewhat fail on the editing part.
Sold 2 can edit and Chaos has kick a$$ editing programs. I've probably missed someone :p

I'll let you guys talk amongst yourself to pick a leader to get the thread started and running. This is so exciting! :D
I'll try and help out in some way.

I wanna make this as creative as possible..

How long are you all planning on stretching this? The longer and more entertaining the project is, the more activity we'll prob get.

I think it would be pretty cool if each person had their own, 1/2min fame. We'd need a lot of vids though. @.@

What'cha think?

daisho

Smash Lord
A combo video would be awesome from everybody we just have to record some matches and not be lazy the DK boards have to be more active
This! We should all try to get our games recorded and replays saved when we go to tournaments.

If you get a replay then you can easily send it to another DK who can upload it.

On another note since probably multiple people will be editing it and looking at it in addition to just trying to send around clips, we should use dropbox. If you don't know what it is it's an extremely easy file sharing program. All you have to do is drag the file into a folder, right click and copy a link which you can send to anyone who will be able to download it.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'll try and help out in some way.

I wanna make this as creative as possible..

How long are you all planning on stretching this? The longer and more entertaining the project is, the more activity we'll prob get.

I think it would be pretty cool if each person had their own, 1/2min fame. We'd need a lot of vids though. @.@

What'cha think?
Who knows! Nothing is set in stone. But I like how you're brainstorming ideas. Hopefully when we get a leader to make a thread, we can brainstorm all our ideas in there.

Speaking of doing stuff as a community. What about a DK community guide? haha

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Ok so for the video we can do one of two things. We can either have each player have their own section, like 2min-3min. Or we could just combine them all and put who is currently playing DK in the top corner.

I personally like the second one, because i have another idea that would go well with with set-up.

My idea is that we show a character, lets say MK doing a taunt. Then we show DK rushing in and we go to clips of DK's ****** an MK. Then we could do the same for the next character, so lets say its Pika doing a taunt, DK rushes in and again we show some clips of DK ****** Pike. And then we would continue like that.

what do you guys think?

Heya new potential dk main here. I've looked all across the roster and now I think dk is a character I overpassed before I realised how awesome he is. If anyone wants to introduce themselves and gived me any starting words of wisdom that would be obliged. Of course I can look at a guide but I think hearing individuals seperate thoughts might be useful.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ok so for the video we can do one of two things. We can either have each player have their own section, like 2min-3min. Or we could just combine them all and put who is currently playing DK in the top corner.

I personally like the second one, because i have another idea that would go well with with set-up.

My idea is that we show a character, lets say MK doing a taunt. Then we show DK rushing in and we go to clips of DK's ****** an MK. Then we could do the same for the next character, so lets say its Pika doing a taunt, DK rushes in and again we show some clips of DK ****** Pike. And then we would continue like that.

what do you guys think?
I like..

A lot. Sounds supah fun.

daisho

Smash Lord

what do you guys think?
SUUPER awesome idea. TBH I think we should do that for only MK maybe DDD too but if we do it too much it has the risk of looking stale.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
SUUPER awesome idea. TBH I think we should do that for only MK maybe DDD too but if we do it too much it has the risk of looking stale.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Btw I can´t record any matches...so I´ll be out of this CV :(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Heya new potential dk main here. I've looked all across the roster and now I think dk is a character I overpassed before I realised how awesome he is. If anyone wants to introduce themselves and gived me any starting words of wisdom that would be obliged. Of course I can look at a guide but I think hearing individuals seperate thoughts might be useful.

welcome, once you pick up DK. you will never drop him. be prepared for that kind of commitment.

also, you should show a clip of falco doing a taunt because he just wrecked DK.

truth be told....I'd like to get in on this.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
Are you nuts? We can record for you!
I mean, I don´t have brawl and I did not played this game for months. And the fact that brawl is "dying" here don´t help much...I´m almost quitting this game :(

But well, we will see...I really hope to get vids soon :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I was actually thinking that the DKs would be organized by region, I remember the Diddy CCV doing it and it looked really nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CydtDoCTKYM

The "vs. character" organization is really cool and original though. Only problem I see is like, for uncommon characters there might only be like 1 clip for them. The intro would just be kinda silly then.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the only thing with region would be that there is no west coast DK's.....

might as well do the player idea

Silfa

Smash Ace
I agree. It's an amazing idea, so I don't think we should risk it becoming stale quickly. I think it would be especially cool against characters like DDD.

This is in combination with just having everyone together and displaying their name would be the most effective imo. Of course, this is assuming we don't get more ideas (which I'm sure will come).

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Glad you guys like my idea, yeah like sold2 said it would odd for uncommon characers,since it would only be like 1 or 2 clips. But we could combine the uncommon characters, and have them all doing a taunt, like in groups of 4 and then show clips of those 4 characters getting wrecked.

Top Bottom