• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on countering spammers?

Balbys23

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-0802-2073
I have been playing Captain Falcon ever since I started playing competitive smash, but I feel that projectiles are his biggest weakness. There are so many spammers on For Glory such as Samus, Link, Duck Hunt. I recently went against this Cloud player who stayed on the edge and was constantly spamming his neutral special, every time I tried to jump and Nair or back-air him he just shield's and grabs. I need help with trying to prevent this strategy. Any advice?

Last edited:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
perfect shield projectiles to get close on the enemy, recover low to avoid cloud´s blade beam and grab on the ledge , dont try to fight cloud in the aire, the range of his sword is superb, fight him in the ground, most of his moves are terrible if you just use the shield and have a lot of ending lag, jabs, gentleman, short hop to nair , wall of pain bair and down tilt aside from forward smash are your best options against him

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Spacing is key. B-Air is a good move to use for this purpose, as if you can hit with only the fist, chances are you won't get grabbed for it if the opponent shields the move.

I'm not sure if it will help you, but what I like to do when I get pushed back constantly off-stage is trying to play erratically (as in trying to confuse the opponent), like recovering high and advancing above the stage, but going back to the ledge instead, making the opponent back off. This example is risky, but it can pay off if they don't expect it. Another example against edge-guarders would be grabbing the ledge, falling then Up-B right after. If it succeeds, you can push them back once you grabbed them. That one is safer, but beware of the omnipresent Meteor Smash.

Again, I'm not familiar with Sm4sh, since I'm mainly speaking from Brawl experiences, but I found those few strats to be reliable most of the time.

Peregrainz

Smash Rookie
Jab and dash attack is your best friend for this situation, wait to grab and since falcon has one of the best combos out of dthrow and bam.

Top Bottom