• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help needed : Brawl and Dolphin : Custom stage problems and no "Congratulations" after 1P modes

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
So, while playing Brawl on my installed Dolphin, I've noticed a few things.
Now, the wiki tells me how to fix most of theses, like the masterpieces, Classic mode's record screen' "photo-finish rectangle", the magnifying glass' background color error, etc..
However, there are TWO problems I've encountered that the wiki did NOT help me with but that STILL blocks my progress at beating all the challenges.
These two problems concerns custom stages and 1P modes (Classic and All-Star, not Events, SSE, or Stadium).
Because this thread also concerns custom stages, I could not put it in the Brawl "1P game mode" forum.
Now, these just MIGHT be separate, but since they might be related, I prefer to leave them together in one thread.
Before that, I need to tell you that I installed a mod (Super Smash Bros Infinity, just to try it) and used cheat codes (namely the "1 hit KO" and "99 Lives by pressing L" Gecko codes for Classic and All-Star, though the latter did not make it easier for the Ice Climbers in both Classic and All-Star. Those codes might be unrelated to the custom stage problems, though, and the only reason I'm using them is because I don't want to have to complete the same game twice since I pretty much had most of the things unlocked on my actual Brawl, which is on my actual Wii that I'm not using right now). The problems might also be related to my progress in Challenges, or to my general progress in the game (though porting my aforementioned progress might've done the same effect).
Let's start with the Classic/All-Star problem. I've completed Classic with most of the cast (more than 20 fighters already, every fighter from Sonic to Wario, in backward order, but also DK and Diddy. I've also completed All-Star with a number of characters, namely Mario, Zelda, Fox, Marth, Ness, and the Ice Climbers), but when I tried completing it with Yoshi (no secondary colors, same Gecko cheat codes, skipped the "cast" credits, sometimes skipping the "falling character trophy" part...), the game would show a black screen after the credits. I already know it would just play the "The world of trophies" SSE cutscene instead of all the other cutscenes in the game (including end-of-mode cutscenes for characters), since that's what it did with the previous characters in both Classic and All-Star (and since it was stated in the wiki as well), but since I expected that cutscene, I did NOT expect the game to just show a black screen instead (and even when I press buttons, it won't skip to the "Congratulations" picture either). The game repeating the cutscene instead would've made sense, so that sudden change felt weird to me. No matter how hard I tried (as in, the only circumstances that haven't changed were the palette, codes, and skipping the "cast" credits. An example: I tried to replicate the error without doing any characters before Yoshi). Edit: I actually did Classic with the rest of the cast, and All-Star with a good chunk of characters right now, but I still can't get Yoshi's "Congratulations" screen after either Classic or All-Star.
Now onto the stage builder. I know of photos becoming a garbled mess or simply black pictures, and I know how to fix them (all thanks to the wiki), but that still didn't fix the custom stage previews (which, believe it or not, were also garbled mess). On top of that, the custom stages doesn't seem to count or to even occupy memory space (I have 9 stages total counting the game's pre-made custom stages, which means 6 unique stages made by myself, including "Diamond Dojo", the featured stage of the following screenshot, and yet I haven't gotten the reward for the "create 5 stages in Stage Builder" challenge. Only the 3 first stages, the "pre-made" ones, seems to have a correct preview. And I STILL have 109 blocks left). In-game, they seem to work fine, though. I have a screenshot of my stage builder's menu right here. Stages 4 to 7 (both included) have a black garbled mess inbetween two purplish garbled parts, while the other two (8 and 9, the latter not included on the snapshot) seem to have only a purplish garbled mess.
Any help provided on either matter (or both if you can) would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: Made a 10th stage after posting this. Its preview didn't look better: upper part is a blackened mess, and lower part is a purplish mess. Feels like déjà vu.

Edit: A wild 3rd problem appeared! ... No, seriously. I can't play tournament mode on Brawl (both modded and vanilla) either. It just goes like this
"BackPatch error : Currently only supporting reads
Attempted to write to (bunch of numbers and letters)."
"BackPatch write - not through EAX".
"BackPatch error : Currently only supporting reads
Attempted to write to (bunch of numbers and letters)."
"BackPatch write - not through EAX".
and then Dolphin crashes
Any ideas on how to fix that?

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom