• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help, need to find a secondary.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
So lately I been struggling against short/rushdown characters, like Pikachu, Pichu, ZSS, Fox and Sata.. I mean Yoshi.
I main Pit (and obviously Dark Pit)
and feel like this characters are fast and short which make me whiff my aerials.
I was thinking a swordie could do the trick,
since all of the characters listed above don't have good range (with the exception of Zero Suit) if a swordie is not the answer which character is the right answer.
P.S. I don't want a playstyle to different from Pit

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You should pick up Shulk.

His sword has all the range you could ever want.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Just play more grounded against those characters and space well

however I agree that you should second shulk. He is the perfect secondary 4 pit. Just because we can do fine in those matchups doesn't mean that it isn't easier to use shulk. But on the flip side if you can't do well against these characters with pit you probably don't have the technical tenacity to play sholk but prove me wrong dedicate yourself to these 2 characters and use them properly at top technical level and go forth and win prove me wrong

Oh yeah and don't waste your time with dark pit just use regular pit there is no reason to sacrifice stage control and off stage control

Last edited:

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
I find shulk very technical since you have to be on point with the monado arts but I'll give it a try, also dark Pit gives a better projectile onstage since his is faster and has more knockback alsoif you snipe someone who is offstage with dark Pit you can KO them.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
BTW just checked and apparently shulk has a bad matchup against Pichu, Pikachu and Fox.
Even so I will still try out Shulk.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Wolf is basically a swordie himself and does well against all of those characters. He's also very easy to pick up and learn. Probably one of the best characters in the game to have as a secondary honestly.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
I ve been playing Wolf and immediately felt in love with his playstyle, I find him really similar to the way Pit plays, even so I still haven't found a counter against the rats, is there anyone who can beat them.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I find shulk very technical since you have to be on point with the monado arts but I'll give it a try, also dark Pit gives a better projectile onstage since his is faster and has more knockback alsoif you snipe someone who is offstage with dark Pit you can KO them.
dark pits arros are worthless. Anybody can Dodge a straight going projecttile. Actually I already went over all this in my how to play this character thread you all know my feelings dark pit is not a character

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
In my opinion Dark Pit has its uses but you're free to think otherwise. Either way that's not the point of this thread, can you help me find a character that counters the rats.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
I heard Lucina and Lucario have good matchups but I am not a masochist so I guess Lucina is a good candidate

And even if Olimar has the best matchups against those characters I don't feel like using Satan.

J.B.

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
1342-4251-4349
I wouldn't use Shulk. He gets ran over himself. I've stopped using anyone in singles besides Pit/Pitoo, but there's a pair of good Shulks out here that I smacked pretty easily with Inkling in a Squad Strike bracket. I didn't ask them about the matchup afterward, but it seemed like from my side that he's easy to punish by faster chars.

Like I said, I use the Pits for everything since they're meant to be a jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none but I think if you really need better hitboxes, pick up Lucina or Wolf. They're pretty straight-forward so your use of Pit shouldn't suffer too much while you learn them. Playing Lucina would also force you to improve on your fundamentals which will help your Pit as well.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
Thank you this is legit the best advice someone has ever told me in this thread I'll probably go with Wolf since I prefer his Mix up playstyle but I'll definitely try out Lucina to so for that Thank you

Top Bottom