• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help! Melee disc not working

RaberSaber

Smash Rookie
Just bought my copy of melee, and I can't get it to work in my Wii, I put the disc in, it spins a bit, then it just ejects the disc, I just spent quite a bit of money on this game and I'd like to play it, does anybody know a solution?

RaberSaber

Smash Rookie
Read my response here.
I saw that thread, I have a completely different issue. I've scoured the internet for the answer to this, I even called the number on the back of the disc, I haven't been able to find an answer as to why it immediately ejects the disc before even loading the game. The game works on other Wii systems and my buddy's Gamecube (plus I tested it at the store). The disc has no scratches, or anything on the surface, and normal Wii games all work fine. It's an rvl-001 Wii which is completely compatible with Gamecube games, also I've tried a few other working Gamecube games and they gave the same result. I'm thinking I'll just have to buy my own Gamecube in order to play the game.

Pauer

The Pauerful
have you updated the wii's firmware? Might be a software issue with the wii. You could also try a factory reset.

RaberSaber

Smash Rookie
have you updated the wii's firmware? Might be a software issue with the wii. You could also try a factory reset.
I'm going to factory reset it as soon as I get home and back everything up since it seems to be the only option, wish me luck! (btw it has the most recent update on it)

RaberSaber

Smash Rookie
Okay now it's been formatting for multiple hours and hasn't stopped... I'm scared I hope my Wii doesn't break :c

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I thought I had the same issue. Then I flipped the disc over and it worked. GL friendo.

Top Bottom