• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with this script. [SDI]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
0 VGBootcamp intro
1 Credits
2 Long pause for DI/Momentum Cancel Video Links
3 "The Smash Lab Presents: DI Part 3. Smash DI"
4 "In Part 1, we learned how to alter our trajectory when we get hit. In this video, we will look at how to alter where we will fly with Smash DI (SDI)."
5 "SDI is defined as influencing the position of a character after they have been hit while in hitlag."
6 "To put hitlag in perspective:"
7 [slow motion SDI clip]
- point out frame count
- hitlag begins/ends here
- at any point, you may SDI
8 "Like we said before, SDI can be controlled by the control stick and/or the C-Stick."
9 [show rPSI's SDI diagram] "On a control stick or C-Stick, this is what direction you will go. The white represents the neutral (where the game will not read it), the cyan represents the direction."
10 "When we put this info to use, we can escape combos..."
[show SDIing clips]
[slow-mo CF's knee and Marth's fsmash]
11 "...multi-hit attacks..."
[show clip of escaping MK uair]
[show clip of SDIing Snake's nair]
12 "...through the magic of SDI!"
[show Mr Doom clips]
13 Song Used
14 DI/Momentum Cancel Video Links​

I'm bad at this and need everyone's help on this. Did I miss anything in it? What should I put in? What should I take out? I'm stumped on the "benefits" part of this. Feel free to scrutinize or suggest your own as well, planning on starting this week bar anything that comes up.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
SDI isn't magic

It's Science ;)

inb4Yikaobjectstothings

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hitboxes have an "SDI Multiplier." Brawl has a certain value for how much you move or something during SDI / DI. Increasing / decreasing the SDI Multiplier on a hitbox in PSA will alter the amount of DI the move has. IE: If you have Ganon's dair have SDI of something like 4, you'll be able to fly around the stage with your DI. 0 SDI Multiplier makes it so you can't DI it at all.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yeah, I was mentioning it as a suggestion to put into the video. o.o On that note though, that definition seems perfect for sticking into the video. *nudge nudge*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The benefits should be obvious given a more horizontal trajectory. Who knows what that tiny difference does.

In terms of surviving a vertical hit; it's impractical but at least everyone should be aware that being hit in the air allows you to SDI into the ground and go into a fall as opposed to being sent upwards. If you are going to do that, you should probably mention how you can't SDI down if you are hit while you are on the ground. At least that's AFAIK, unless it is possible to use SDI to temporarily go up and then SDI down very quickly, then yeah...

:093:

T-block

B2B TST
Man I thought you needed help with scripting when I saw the title

I was like... how does Bio of all people expect others in the Smash Lab to help him with scripting?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
At least that's AFAIK, unless it is possible to use SDI to temporarily go up and then SDI down very quickly, then yeah...
I tested this one a while back, long before I knew of frame advance or any fancy stuff like that. I went into Training Mode at 1/4 speed and had Ganon stomp me while I was on the ground. Unforutunately, SDI'ing down is impossible, even if you SDI up first.

LOL, could you imagine, though? If you could SDI up, then back down, and tech the ground on every hit? We'd be living forever! :awesome:

Edit: Also, that script looks tight. I don't see any issues with it so far.

T-block

B2B TST
It's called forbidden DI, and it's been around since Melee days.

You can't SDI down if you're hit while grounded - you need to be airborne.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you're hit in jump squat animation, does that count as being grounded?

I can't find my SD card atm to test it

Yikarur

Smash Master
I didn't see this thread at all somehow :( *suck suck suck*

to answer lux last question because no one answered; you're not considered "in air" when you get hit in jump start-up, but if you get hit during some specials, even if you were grounded you're considered "in air"
example, Yoshis DownB, Bowser downB.
I died to this awkwardly before =.=

do you still need help with the script? :D'

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
video likely out tomorrow, if not friday. combining SDI and dual stick stuff.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
[yt]XLZe5A0lfog[/yt]

suggestions?

I have a few things I'm already going to fix (graphical errors + things delux pointed out in skype chat), if you think I need more/less walls of text or more/less examples, tell me

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I demand a personal shout out for being Strong Bad.
Otherwise, I think DeLux's suggestions will be sufficient. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom