• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Settle An Argument?

CometGhost

Smash Rookie
My friend is saying that Marth can true combo 5 up tilts into each other on a fast faller as long as you pivot after each one. I'm fairly certain he's incorrect, but I couldn't find any hard evidence to prove him wrong. I went into training mode and tried it out and it only comboed into itself twice, yet he's insisting that I'm wrong because he tested it with 20xx cpu
Any help would be greatly appreciated

TKano

Smash Rookie
Could be wrong as I'm a pretty low level marth here, but I think that's a really iffy generalization and way too vague. I would say it depends on percentage and whether its Falcon or spacies (weight matters hella). For example, anything below 35% on a spacie doesn't really combo unless they DI wrongly, and even at the dreaded 40-60%, a DI-down-and-in can make uptilt not chain into itself, sending the spacie backwards at an awkward angle (Which can be regrabbed if they were upthrown first, but you're talking about raw uptilt).
On falcon I can see it making some longer chains just since he's heavier and has a bigger hit box but I still find it hard to imagine 5 if the DI is right.

20XX CPUs often prioritise random DI unless he's set it to DI one way only, and I don't think there's a setting for optimal DI (that'd be a little too complex I think.) It's entirely possible the 20XX cpu isn't DI ing well. True combos mean that they hit no matter what DI if you perform them right (Like fox upthrow-upair or marth upthrow-uptilt at certain percents), and I'm fairly sure multiple uptilts aren't one, unless you add grabs in between, and even then not 5.

Saria_100

Smash Rookie
Hmm... they may be able to double jump, attack, or, unlikely as it is, air dodge?

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
yeah it's probably true with some combination of percent DI and uptilt hitboxes used.

Top Bottom