• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Put Together the Definitive Nintendo Music Playlist!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Let's face it- video game soundtracks are amazing. And I want to put together the Ultimate, truly Definitive music playlist featuring all of the best music from across all of the many franchises represented in Super Smash Bros. My goal is to include at least one music track from every significant game in each major Smash franchise. But I'd appreciate a little help.

I intend to add at least one game's worth of music to the playlist every day. The idea is to choose the best, most notable, and/or most iconic songs from each game. If you ever feel like there's a song I missed, or a song I shouldn't have included, I want to hear from you! I also want to include remixes and original songs made by fans. I'm completely open for any suggestions in that department!

Now, here is the complete list of franchises that shall be represented in the playlist. There are a few rules under some of them, and if you disagree and/or feel like they should be expanded upon, don't be afraid to bring it up with me! The franchises are arranged in this list in the order they will be featured in the playlist. Unless specified, content from movies, cartoons, and other non-game material will not be accepted. Remixes, however, may always be taken from any source.

S-Tier Franchises (Smash Itself)
  • Super Smash Bros. ~This section limited to original tracks from the Smash series, or fan music inspired by it~​

A-Tier Franchises (The Fighters)
  • Super Mario ~Extends to Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Wrecking Crew, and Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic~​
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Metroid
  • Kirby ~Will accept tracks from Kirby: Right Back At Ya!~​
  • Star Fox
  • Pokemon ~Will accept tracks from the Anime and the Detective Pikachu movie~​
  • Mother/EarthBound
  • F-Zero
  • Ice Climber
  • Fire Emblem
  • Game & Watch
  • Kid Icarus
  • Metal Gear
  • Sonic the Hedgehog ~Includes Flicky and Dynamite Dux. Will accept tracks from Sonic Boom and the Movie.~​
  • Pikmin ~Will accept tracks from Pikmin Short Movies~​
  • R.O.B.
  • Animal Crossing
  • Mega Man ~Will accept tracks from the various OVAs~​
  • Wii Fit
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Mii ~Includes Mii Channel, Mii Maker, Streetpass Mii Plaza, Tomodachi Life, Miitomo, Miitopia, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music, Wii Party, Wii Chess, and Miiverse~​
  • Pac-Man ~Will accept original music from the Namco Museum series~​
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Duck Hunt ~Extends to Wild Gunman, Hogan's Alley, and Gumshoe~​
  • Street Fighter ~Extends to Final Fight, Slam Masters, and Rival Schools. Will also accept original tracks from the Capcom Vs. Series.~​
  • Final Fantasy ~Tracks from any movies included in a Final Fantasy canon will be accepted. Extends to Kingdom Hearts, which in turn extends to The World Ends With You, Einhander, and Walt Disney. Note that Disney tracks will only be allowed if they are explicitly played in a Kingdom Hearts game! (Remixes of such tracks are accepted)~​
  • Bayonetta
  • Splatoon
  • Castlevania ~Will accept tracks from the Animated Series~​
  • Persona ~Extends to the entire Megami Tensei series. Will accept tracks from OVAs.~​
  • Dragon Quest ~Will accept tracks from both versions of The Adventures of Dai~​
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Fatal Fury ~Extends to The King of Fighters, which in turn extends to Art of Fighting (which also extends to Buriki One), Ikari Warriors (which also includes Metal Slug and T.N.K. III), Psycho Soldier, Samurai Shodown, Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter, Fighter's History, Sky Love, Dragon Gal, The Last Blade, Burning Fight, Robo Army, Athena, and Quiz Dai Sousa-sen~​
  • ARMS
  • Minecraft ~Music from all of the Bedrock Marketplace content will be allowed. This includes various licensed properties, but only songs included in the Minecraft content will be accepted.~​
B-Tier Franchises (The Stages, Items, Enemies, and Mii Costumes)
  • Nintendo Consoles ~This includes any music from console applications or menus, as well as music inspired by such things (like Brawl's Pictochat remix). I will also accept Totaka's Song here, because why not.~​
  • Electroplankton
  • Balloon Fight
  • nintendogs
  • Pilotwings
  • Wars
  • Golden Sun
  • The Legendary Starfy
  • Jam With The Band
  • SimCity ~Only SimCity on the SNES and SimCity 64 on the N64DD will be accepted~
  • Devil World
  • Kururin
  • Excitebike ~Extends to Excite Truck and Excitebots~​
  • Drill Dozer
  • Sin and Punishment
  • Custom Robo
  • Brain Age
  • Color-TV-Game ~I don't expect to get anything from this one, but you never know...~​
  • Dillon's Rolling Western
  • Sheriff
  • For the Frog the Bell Tolls
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  • Art Academy
  • Bomberman
  • Fatal Frame
  • Joy Mech Fight
  • Monster Hunter
  • Nintendo Badge Arcade
  • Shovel Knight ~Extends to God of War and Battletoads. For now, I will not accept tracks from games Shovel Knight has crossed over into.~​
  • Swapnote
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Super Scope 6
  • Goldeneye 007 ~Exclusively the N64 version~​
  • Perfect Dark
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Panel de Pon ~Extends to Puzzle League~​
  • Sports Series ~Includes any Nintendo-developed NES game with the "Sports Series" logo~​
  • Steel Diver
  • Galaxian ~Extends to the United Galaxy Space Force franchises: Ace Combat, Cyber Sled, Burning Force, Bosconian, Final Blaster, Bounty Hounds, Starblade, Dig Dug, Baraduke, Mr. Driller, Star Trigon, Star Luster, Mizuiro Blood, StarBlade, Shingun~Destroy, New Space Order, and Thunder Ceptor~​
  • Rally-X
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Tekken ~Despite Negan's appearance in Tekken 7, tracks from The Walking Dead will not be accepted~​
  • Tales
  • Babylonian Castle Saga
  • Chibi-Robo!
  • Nintendo Labo
  • Goemon
  • Undertale/Deltarune ~Tracks from AUs will be accepted for now at least~​
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Raving Rabbids ~Extends to Rayman~​
  • Cuphead
  • Fallout
  • No More Heroes
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins
C-Tier Franchises
This is where we pretty much go nuts and toss in whatever else we feel like...within reason that is!

(Note: For some reason the list is on here twice and I can't seem to get rid of the second one. Sorry about that!)
Whew, that was a lot. Anyways, I hope you're interested and willing to bring in some support!
Here's the link to the current version of the Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnWH44z0zVJqWUtFAfVMWIWN8Fv4_SDzi

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
For starters, how about some music from Mario Paint, including Creative Exercise, and music from Mario Artist?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If I had to put down the most iconic song for each franchise in the Smash roster I can think of, I would go with:

Super Mario: Super Mario Bros. Theme

The Legend of Zelda: Overworld Theme

DK: Jungle Hijinx.

Pokemon: Main Pokemon Theme

Metroid: Overworld Theme

Star Fox: Main Theme

Kirby: Green Greens Theme

Yoshi: Yoshi's Story Theme

F-Zero: Mute City

Mother: 8 Melodies

Ice Climber: Ice Climber Theme

Fire Emblem: Main Theme

Game & Watch: Mr. Game & Watch's Theme

Metal Gear: Encounter

Sonic the Hedgehog: Green Hillzone

Kid Icarus: Underworld Theme

Pikimin: Main Theme

Warioware: Wario's Theme

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Castle

Animal Crossing: Main Title Screen Theme

Wii Fit: Main Theme

Punch Out: Running Theme

Pac-Man: Pac-Maze Theme

Xenoblade: ??? Don't know.

Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt Theme

Street Fighter: Ryu's Theme

Final Fantasy: One Winged Angel

Bayonetta: Bayonetta's Theme? I think?

Splatoon: Inklings' Theme

Castlevania: Monster Dance

Persona: ??? Don't know?

Dragon Quest: Main Theme

Banjo-Kazooie: Spiral Mountain Theme

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters: ??? Don't know?

Arms: Main Theme? I guess?

Minecraft: Minecraft Theme

Top Bottom