• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Help] Importing Lana from Hyrule Warriors!!

Bope

Smash Rookie
So I've been trying (and failing terribly) at getting Lana into the game over Zelda! I've made a decent amount of progress overall, I have several textures finished (which I will also show below), a .sawnd for her, most of the CSPs, BPs, and Stock Icons, and a character call for her.

The thing I haven't made much progress on is the most important part of this, the part where I actually import her and make her playable. 3ds Max keeps closing on me abruptly and getting rid of all my progress whenever I try anything and I don't know what to do there so progress is nearly impossible :(

I did manage to import her over Zelda in Brawl box since I managed to scale her down and rig her to the skeleton, but since 3ds Max closed whenever I tried and change the weights of bones so she would animate correctly. This of course is an issue since she will look extremely gross when being played but I though I'd see if her model would load in the game anyway just for fun, which revealed an even bigger problem. The game wouldn't load the model, and instead loaded the Brawl Zelda model, which is a problem I've never even heard of before. I think it's either because it was still a work in progress or because the file size was 5x the size of the original FitZelda00.pac that was in there. So if anyone could tell me how to reduce the file size then I would be very grateful!!

Alright, to sum it all up can someone please either help me and tell me how to prevent 3ds Max from closing abruptly all the time and tell me how to reduce file size of the .pac file? I will be incredibly grateful!! :happysheep:

Also, for anyone interested in what I have managed to do I've got the textures below, and for fun I'll put the very very dysfunctional .pac download link up too. (I've just been using that .pac to see how textures look since it's quicker than appying them in 3ds Max, also Brawlbox doesn't close randomly)

Lana.pac download

Before anyone mentions, I'm aware her wrist thingy and some other stuff is out of place and/or doesn't look right, this is my first import and I'm bad at it :(

Textures (8/10 complete):

Black/Red

TP DLC (Link Recolor)

Hatsune Miku (The joke that Lana is a J-pop idol really amuses me)

Master Quest DLC (Cia Recolor)

Dark Lana (I got kinda lazy)

Black/Gold (Also really easy since it was a part of the texture rips for whatever reason, all I had to do was change the hair and skin tone)

Twilight Phantom (I got lazy more than once)

Coming eventually:

- Boss Pack DLC (Dodongo Recolor)

- Fierce Deity Lana

Anyway, I hope somebody can help!! Also critiques of the textures I've made are welcome!! :p (Probably going to change the Twilight Phantom one, I got really lazy on that one)

Bonus Alternate Black/Red (The only difference is the skirt) :upsidedown:

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Bruh. So far these are looking good! Here's hoping you can get her working. Wish I had more to offer you than that though.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Never use flat black. It just doesn't look good. Id give a method for photoshop but tl;dr, I don't know what you're using for image manipulation. Regardless, google a tutorial for your program on removing colours from images. Most methods utilize a combination of layers, but I'm unfamiliar with anything other than PS. Once you've got your texture in greyscale you can modify the brightness/darkness/levels to your desire.

As for Max issues, well, you're gonna have to do a bit of digging on that one. Id recommend messing with your graphics plugins, and if that doesn't work, you're gonna have to go to Google and dig, as mentioned.

Aaaaand for lowering the filesize, you're gonna need to A) lower the model poly count (it is probably 20k+, Brawl character limit peaks around 15k) and B) reduce texture quality. For A, you can use a tool called polydraw within Max to greatly decrease the count in a short timespan. Drawback to this method is that you'll have to re-UV any parts you optimized and then bake the diffuse of the old model onto your new UVs, meaning you'll need to recreate your recolours. PM me for more details as this probably looks like word salad to laymen

For B), you basically just resize the image and badaboom that's basically it unless you wanna get fancy with colour reduction.

the Link and Dark Lana reskins are delicious, btw. The rest could use work. Again, PM if you want more detailed critique or whatever

Malik177

Smash Rookie
So I've been trying (and failing terribly) at getting Lana into the game over Zelda! I've made a decent amount of progress overall, I have several textures finished (which I will also show below), a .sawnd for her, most of the CSPs, BPs, and Stock Icons, and a character call for her.

The thing I haven't made much progress on is the most important part of this, the part where I actually import her and make her playable. 3ds Max keeps closing on me abruptly and getting rid of all my progress whenever I try anything and I don't know what to do there so progress is nearly impossible :(

I did manage to import her over Zelda in Brawl box since I managed to scale her down and rig her to the skeleton, but since 3ds Max closed whenever I tried and change the weights of bones so she would animate correctly. This of course is an issue since she will look extremely gross when being played but I though I'd see if her model would load in the game anyway just for fun, which revealed an even bigger problem. The game wouldn't load the model, and instead loaded the Brawl Zelda model, which is a problem I've never even heard of before. I think it's either because it was still a work in progress or because the file size was 5x the size of the original FitZelda00.pac that was in there. So if anyone could tell me how to reduce the file size then I would be very grateful!!

Alright, to sum it all up can someone please either help me and tell me how to prevent 3ds Max from closing abruptly all the time and tell me how to reduce file size of the .pac file? I will be incredibly grateful!! :happysheep:

Also, for anyone interested in what I have managed to do I've got the textures below, and for fun I'll put the very very dysfunctional .pac download link up too. (I've just been using that .pac to see how textures look since it's quicker than appying them in 3ds Max, also Brawlbox doesn't close randomly)

Lana.pac download

Before anyone mentions, I'm aware her wrist thingy and some other stuff is out of place and/or doesn't look right, this is my first import and I'm bad at it :(

Textures (8/10 complete):

Black/Red

TP DLC (Link Recolor)

Hatsune Miku (The joke that Lana is a J-pop idol really amuses me)

Master Quest DLC (Cia Recolor)

Dark Lana (I got kinda lazy)

Black/Gold (Also really easy since it was a part of the texture rips for whatever reason, all I had to do was change the hair and skin tone)

Twilight Phantom (I got lazy more than once)

Coming eventually:

- Boss Pack DLC (Dodongo Recolor)

- Fierce Deity Lana

Anyway, I hope somebody can help!! Also critiques of the textures I've made are welcome!! :p (Probably going to change the Twilight Phantom one, I got really lazy on that one)

Bonus Alternate Black/Red (The only difference is the skirt) :upsidedown:
btw did you release this buy any chance? I would love to use these models for my build. Also if you wana chat on discord my username is LuigiBrothzers139#8494

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

btw did you release this buy any chance? I would love to use these models for my build. Also if you wana chat on discord my username is LuigiBrothzers139#8494
Sigh, I could have done this for you. But I do not want to be accused of being a pedophile.

Malik177

Smash Rookie
Sigh, I could have done this for you. But I do not want to be accused of being a pedophile.
uhh idk how you can be accused of being a pedophile, besides im 20 years old so I'm sure ur not doing anything weird ur just sending me the files right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom