• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help importing character/stage textures via Dolphin's Load Custom Texture feature

thetones

Smash Rookie
Hi. My goal is to use custom textures on netplay using Dolphin. Seeing as custom iso's cause desyncs I am trying to use Dolphin's Load Custom Texture feature. I tried loading a custom melee iso onto dolphin, dumping the textures, moving the textures to the Load folder, and finally loading SSBM 1.02 (default) with no success. I successfully used the "Melee HD" textures though. This puzzled me so I found a specific CSS image from the Melee HD pack and noticed the dumped texture has a different file name. I renamed the dumped texture to the one the HD pack uses and it works. Since the files aren't previewable and there are many more than a simple .dat file, I'm stumped. I tried searching for a list of the texture names but to no avail. Can anyone help me?

Stache

Smash Cadet
Textures dumped from a modified stage will have a different filename than if you were to dump a texture from a vanilla stage.

I should also note that desyncs should not happen with texture hacks only (but could just be a false positive)

Top Bottom