• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Help! I have an issue with Smash 4 Online!

Hyphae

Smash Rookie
I use a Gamecube controller hooked up to a WiiU adapter, offline, everything registers fine, but online, it always feels like I have severe input lag. You may say that's simply poor connection, but there seems to be no input lag ever with my opponents. They input everything perfectly, and I can never even tech or dodge or do anything correctly. Have for glory players simply learned how to play with poor connections?

maybe.

Smash Cadet
First I would recommend purchasing a LAN adapter if you haven't already (make sure to buy the nintendo official one, I've read that people have had issues with third party ones not working). This will clear up some of the issues you're having I think but there will still always be some degree of lag even if it's tiny. I've noticed that, since I use c-stick to tilt, that c-stick inputs are especially laggy or sometimes just don't register when I'm playing online even when it's a game that feels like a good connection. I will say, though, I do not believe I've ever experienced what you are saying, where it feels very laggy for me but the other player seems perfect, typically when it's a laggy game it very clearly is a laggy game for both players. But, as I said before, I do believe that even the most lagless online game still doesn't feel as good as playing offline so it's very possible that you are just experiencing the normal amount of lag that exists in all online games and you just aren't used to it as much as your opponent is.

Hyphae

Smash Rookie
Alright, thank you for the replies, I'll be sure to try out your suggestions!

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
After recently picking up Sm4sh and playing a good 75-100 FG matches I can attest to the frustration of input lag and agree that even the best connection is no replacement for offline. I accept that on FG mistakes will be made and instead focus on using it to learn matchups and playstyles

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
For me. I did not like for glory since I would run into players I could beat, find a few hard opponents, or what I get a-lot is a ton of laggy matches vs Dedede players.

Once I got a taste of an offline tourney, I quickly despised online play altogether. Although not going to a offline tourney in a long time can give ou thw urge to play online again.

For me, once I got back into the habit of playing online, it wad quick for me to break free of it. Online play for me stunts my offline reaction speed so I have to quit from it as a whole.

Top Bottom