• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help! How do you deal with Falco?

SirReal97

Smash Rookie
Title^

I can do well against most characters, but I find it extremely difficult to deal with Falco, whether it be his lasers or getting combo'd hard. Any advice?

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
buffer roll OoS against his pressure

dd grab him if he approaches with lasers. you can also pivot down tilt if you have the tech skill to do it. just get comfortable with lasers.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Hmm so you both are fast fallers but your faster then falco in the run.To start of the match try to get a down throw to a Nair or dtilt to nair

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
camp the ledge and wait for an opportunity to gimp him.
If he doesn't approach just keep camping

KムエN

Smash Rookie
You should know how to powershield on the run, and wavedash out of shield to continue closing the gap. Preemptively approach when it's safe to do so, and don't be dumb (for anyone reading this)- Roy doesn't have a lot of options so know how to use what he does have without getting yourself punished. Use landing fair into grab/dtilt, or to beat his nair (if he's smart enough to be using it), and just perfectshield (and grab), dash, or wavedash away from dair since you can't answer it. I doubt he'll be using run-up shine-turnaround SH bair, but if he does, you should be ready to Counter or shield and get a grab.

Grab, Nair #2, B-air (mid % or higher, in-combo), those are like your other main moves. Jab helps with combos but don't use it too early. (Sweetspot) Dtilt as often as you can and extend the **** out of it, try to turn every touch into a 4 or 5 hit combo. Don't drop your tech chases. Try to avoid platform stages since personally you prefer the ground. Pretty much just learn your moves and fight him. Most importantly try to tech[/roll] unpredictably, and try not to get hit.. I mean, you're going to, but I'm just saying try, since Roy can't really afford it, lol. And another thing, listen to the guy above me. Don't make it obvious that you're trying to camp the ledge but craftily lure Falco to it. Falco is too godly at center stage so try to abuse his main weakness which is recovery. When he up-Bs to ledge use SHFFL Dair through it to kill him. When he side-B's, you use Jab to kill him or side-B, depending on if you want to spare him just to **** around and then unsave him. This matchup is so much better in SDR and PM, lol.. but I like playing it in vanilla Melee just to see how well I can do

Oh and alternately, you can skip all of that and try moving your CSS coin one space to the left before you press Start at the character screen, this is the best known method of beating Falco as Roy

Last edited:
Top Bottom