• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help: Changing titles for Nintendont

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
hey folks. so im using nintendont to play Melee, SDR, and 20xx.

however, when i load them up it looks like this

http://i.imgur.com/DlTrSyb.jpg

all 3 are listed as Melee.

is there anyway i can edit the files to make them display differently?

IAmProPAGANda

Smash Cadet
Yeah youre gunna have to edit the ISO.hdr. Open it up in HxD and it should look like this.

Just change the text in the right hand side to whatever you want but make sure if its something shorter you replace the missing space necessary with dots.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I only have the .iso file. I've never seen an iso.hdr file. Where do you find that?
ISO.hdr is a file inside the ISO. Luckily it's the first file in it, which means you can just open the entire ISO in HxD and it will look the same.

DRGN

Technowizard
You could also use "20" for spaces rather than dots, too. So you could add 2020 in your case to the beginning to have your text right-aligned, or at the end to have it left-aligned, or spaces on the beginning and end to center the text.

Last edited:

xfighter1188

Smash Rookie
My changes aren't showing up in Dolphin or Nintendont does anyone know why? I changed the ISO.hdr file and it still showing up as Super Smash Brothers Melee

edti: nvm i had nintendont pulling titles from the game code Thanks

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
You could also use "20" for spaces rather than dots, too. So you could add 2020 in your case to the beginning to have your text right-aligned, or at the end to have it left-aligned, or spaces on the beginning and end to center the text.
So would these be properly right-aligned on the Nintendont menu? Or do the spaces need to all be "20"s up until the start of the game title text?

Attachments

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
So would these be properly right-aligned on the Nintendont menu? Or do the spaces need to all be "20"s up until the start of the game title text?
From DJLO's snapshot, looks like the text is right aligned on the Nintendont menu already. So you don't need to worry about it; just fill in all of the area after your text with zeros in the hex side (on the left side of the HxD program). Basically, when the title is read, the string is considered over when the zeros are reached.

And for the spaces, I meant putting '20's in as hex (again, on the left). Although I didn't realize at the time you can just type the spaces on the right. You can't type anything on the right side (as text) to get the zeros though, so you have to put those in on the left. Just make sure you overwrite/replace what's there, rather than insert.

Last edited:

Lykon

Smash Cadet
My changes aren't showing up in Dolphin or Nintendont does anyone know why? I changed the ISO.hdr file and it still showing up as Super Smash Brothers Melee

edti: nvm i had nintendont pulling titles from the game code Thanks
How did you change that option "nintendont pulling titles from the game code" ?
I might have the same issue because in the older version of nintendont I have, i changed the names correctly, but in the newer version, the same names keep appearing, i think its just an option i cannot find

Last edited:

twicky

Smash Rookie
Hi
How did you change that option "nintendont pulling titles from the game code" ?
I might have the same issue because in the older version of nintendont I have, i changed the names correctly, but in the newer version, the same names keep appearing, i think its just an option i cannot find
on the sd card is a file
sd_card/apps/nintendont/titles.txt

There is a entry for every game(the first three letters from the ID)
I changed the first three letters from the 20xx iso's ID to xxx-->then it will load the title from the file.
This will also change the name of your savefile for the game.
But i'm not sure if this also changes other things.
I changed it 10min ago^^

Top Bottom