• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Help Changing Background on Title Screen

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Hey guys,

So I lurk here a lot and try my best to learn based off of older threads alone, which has worked super well for me so far! As far as modifying characters, stages and most menus goes, I got that pretty much on lock. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the background of the title screen. I don't need to do a complete re-texturing of the background, but I did want to change the colors effects. Unfortunately, it's organized pretty strangely in DAT (It's split into 4 different files, 2 English, 2 Japanese), and I'm not too fluent in HEX editing, so if someone could help point me in the right direction that would be super.

I added an image of the title screen just to clarify what I'm trying to change here. Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom