• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help beating Shulk?

purpleParadox

Smash Rookie
I'm a Link main and I have a friend who recently started maining Shulk, and I haven't been able to beat him since. Can I get some help with beating Shulks, I actually have no clue what to do lol.

D

Deleted member

His aerials are still pretty slow on startup, so if you can close the distance you can harass him pretty easily with short-range options. Just be careful of his strangely fast u-tilt and f-tilt.

Also, if he swaps to Buster then just keep your distance and spam projectiles. Both of you will take extra damage when he's in Buster but if he swaps at an inappropriate time (like when he's far away from you) then you can get some big boy damage on him with clever bomb play and arrows.

purpleParadox

Smash Rookie
His aerials are still pretty slow on startup, so if you can close the distance you can harass him pretty easily with short-range options. Just be careful of his strangely fast u-tilt and f-tilt.

Also, if he swaps to Buster then just keep your distance and spam projectiles. Both of you will take extra damage when he's in Buster but if he swaps at an inappropriate time (like when he's far away from you) then you can get some big boy damage on him with clever bomb play and arrows.
Okay, Thank you!

D

Deleted member

Okay, Thank you!
I forgot to mention; if he swaps to Speed art don't be intimidated by his sh aerials since he actually does less damage in Speed form. If he starts spamming find a gap and knock him offstage, since he falls much faster and has less jump height in Speed art.

purpleParadox

Smash Rookie
I forgot to mention; if he swaps to Speed art don't be intimidated by his sh aerials since he actually does less damage in Speed form. If he starts spamming find a gap and knock him offstage, since he falls much faster and has less jump height in Speed art.
Okay, I'll take that into account! Thank you for all the help!

Klimax

Smash Ace
Here's how Shulk is going to fight you:

You don't have a lot of % ? He's going to use the buster art. Avoid a grab at all cost, because in this form, he has a true combo that deals 50% (and that combo is just down throw + side smash). The buster art is his best tool to make your % explode in a matter of seconds, be really careful with it. On the downside, his attacks have nearly no knockback in that mode, you can punish it.

You have a lot of % ? He's going to use the smash. Be careful, he doesn't deal many % but his attack have crazy knockback with that mode. Basically, a dash attack can kill a middleweight character at 100%. His nair and fair are also dangerous. And of course, avoid a smash at all cost. If you don't have a lot of %, you'll take some knockback but nearly no %. Don't understimate the range of his tilts, it could be fatal. Also, in Smash Art, you can easily eliminate him, he's much more fragile.

Speed Art: Most of the people are bad with it, he has bad jumps and you can eliminate him easily. But be careful, he can combo you really easily.

Jump Art: He's just going to use when his other arts are on cooldown. Or to recover.

Shield Art: He's going to use it when he will have a lot of %, just to give you some % before dying. You basically can't combo him when he uses this art.

Good Shulk are not always using an art, they also play vanilla Shulk. He's strong but not really fast. But be careful, his nair and fair have a good range. Same thing with his tilts. Avoid his back air, it has a good range and it is really strong.

And that's pretty much it !

Top Bottom