• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against swor'ds dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nix

Smash Rookie
So I'm playing a Marth that uses sword's dance alot. The first hit will shield poke me 50% of the time and if you get hit by and of the combination you are stuck getting hit by the rest of it. I was wondering if there are any tricks to avoiding it or getting around it. I can't seem to punish it either because it's cool down is shorter than the start-up lag for any of t.links attacks. Thanks.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
You're joking right?

First, it shouldn't be shield poking you. Even if it does, SDI out.

Second, we DO have moves that can punish the ending lag.
Shield-grab
Jab
OoS Nair
OoS Bair (If he is behind you)
And maybe some more I can't think of at the moment.

Finally, this should solve all your problems.
DON'T GO NEAR HIM. You have projectiles. He doesn't. Camp the hell out of him.

Also, questions like these should go in "[IMPORTANT] Toon Link Inquiry Thread <- VISIT THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC "

OR alternatively Toon Link Matchup Rediscussion: Marth

Both threads were on the front page, one of them is even stickied.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind Chsal, that some people are new to brawl. Don't mock them bro. Try to include them

Like I said before, let me handle threads like these.

Nix, if you're still in doubt, feel free to ask the question again but in the thread that Chsal specified, because that thread is dedicated to simple questions like these. With that, I'm closing the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom