• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against D3!

babEE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0500 4405 4050
I have a friend who mains dedede. He's a very.. trolly, cocky person so it suits him well to main him. My issue is I have trouble punishing some of D3's moves that I would assume to be punishable-- f smash for instance, was super punishable in smash 4 but now it seems you can't shield it and punish anymore, D3's down tilt comes out too quickly. The only way i can punish it is if I'm actually behind him, which is practically never. If I'm in front of him, the ground hitbox shieldpokes me, the main hitbox breaks my shield, and it catches me in the air if I avoid the ground hitbox. I can't wait it out and grab because he can just down tilt immediately after I drop shield, and I can't exactly wait the d-tilt out either because he'll just repeat the process knowing I won't punish any of it. if any D3 mains can give me a better point of view it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

dankDadi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7920 2309 3314
dont give him his space, and attack from above. dededes fight in openings since their moves are quite slow, so try and combo them around. their spacing moves like side tilt and down tilt are pretty ineffective if you just jump over them. for air combat, i dont have any tips, just good luck

Last edited:

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who mains dedede. He's a very.. trolly, cocky person so it suits him well to main him. My issue is I have trouble punishing some of D3's moves that I would assume to be punishable-- f smash for instance, was super punishable in smash 4 but now it seems you can't shield it and punish anymore, D3's down tilt comes out too quickly. The only way i can punish it is if I'm actually behind him, which is practically never. If I'm in front of him, the ground hitbox shieldpokes me, the main hitbox breaks my shield, and it catches me in the air if I avoid the ground hitbox. I can't wait it out and grab because he can just down tilt immediately after I drop shield, and I can't exactly wait the d-tilt out either because he'll just repeat the process knowing I won't punish any of it. if any D3 mains can give me a better point of view it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Problem: Dedede hits too hard. Solution: either space with projectiles, or rush him down and never give him space, or keep him in the air. Dedede actually has no safe landing options, and because of his big beautiful bod, he gets juggled really easily. Can't use ground moves if you are not on the ground. Also if he sets up a ledge trap with a gordo and charges an fsmash, roll on stage and immidiately roll/spotdoge again. Dedede is a thinker not an aggresor, he takes time. If you hit him before he hits you, your golden.

Or ignore everything i just said, Pick the glue boy Richter and mash that B-Button. Either works.

Last edited:

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
For Aireal combat just use faster long ranged moves. Dedede's worst nightmare is Big Link. He has all the annoying qualities that Dedede can't handle:
-Projectiles
-Long range
-Faster Aireals
-Kills stupid early

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
How the hell do I handle gordos? They're way too unpredictable, dedede can act way too early after they're thrown, I actually want nerfs to this stupid move

Top Bottom