• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help/Advice for Up Throw Up Air Combo

Aceboy

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

I'm currently playing Joker as a main and I'm trying to learn some of his bread and butter combos. One such combo I'm trying to learn is up throw > short hop up air > full hop up air. From what I understand, if this done correctly, the combo counter in training mode should read 11. However, I sometime struggle to get a 6 hit combo, from 0 percent, with a simple up throw to 1 up air. Sometimes when I do it, the combo reader reads 5. Other times, I get 6, implying it counts the up throw as well. From what I can tell, the timing appears to be very tight, as I fluctuate between getting 5 hits and 6 hits with up throw to short hop up air. There are times where it looks like my two attempts, one which reads 5, and the other 6, are identical, yet, I do not consistently get 6 hits. Would anyone have any tips/advise to get consistent timing of this combo, so that I keep getting 6 hits? I provided a youtube link of void doing the exact same combo I'm currently trying to learn, which can be seen at 4:14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8BiBf0UKk&t=262s

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

~Aceboy

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
This one's a matter of timing your attack. You have to input a manual short hop after the up throw then quickly up air, drag down after the 4th hit, then full hop and do a slightly delayed up air.

If you do the short hop aerial shortcut after the throw you'll get 5 because the first hit comes out before joker reaches the target, and if you don't delay the second up air slightly you'll only get 10 hits for that same reason.

Top Bottom