• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help a Young Link out

Jimmology

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, next weekend I'm going to one of my first decently big regional tournaments. I really want to play Young Link through all my pools and brackets unless I absolutely have to switch to Sheik. I've beaten a few of the locals that are attending and I think my Young Link will be able stand a fair chance to the competition.
One of the people going there is a locally esteemed Falco player named Bones. I really don't want to lose to him but it's a match up I'm really not that familiar with. There isn't too much in Laijin's guide against Falco players and I was wondering if I could gather any other additional information regarding the match up from some of the people in this forum. Also I know probably no one has the time but here is the video of the Falco http://www.twitch.tv/xotyrion/b/603865474 and if possible I was wondering if anyone could find any openings in his play style that I could utilize with Young Link. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Jimmology

Smash Cadet
You are right, I guess my post came off a little pretentious but I want to do my very possible best. But truthfully I am unfamiliar with the match up so any help would be appreciated not just player specific help.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Falco bodies Young Link. He's very difficult to gimp, he combos us to oblivion, his dair spike, and he's very hard to confirm off of.

I don't play YL against Falco. The best I can tell you is to emphasis upair juggles and upairs after dropping through platforms (particularly with shield drops). Upair is like our only tool in the matchup worth anything.

Jimmology

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for the advice. Also in terms of stage picks I think a safe ban would be Final Destination but what stages should I stick to and what stages should I counter pick?

Top Bottom