• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help a marth main with the cloud MU

paez_dispenser

Smash Rookie
NNID
carmelpacman
Unlike 3/4 of my friends I personally don't mind cloud. But that doesn't mean I LIKE THE MATCHUP.
So any advice for a poor little marth main who's limits are about to break (don't kill me)? I know you want him to waste his limit on recovery but that's really it. So please help.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
Shield at the ledge and wait for the recovery window to dtilt. that'll kill us every time. Also we'll try to approach with AC dair, just counter it or sh bair and hit cloud from the side. Counter will also beat out every single limit move (including side b) so if you can get a read on when they will use it, it'll kill them.

Marths nair has bigger range than cloud's an is an incredible tool in the neutral game against cloud.

I think it goes without saying that you need to edgeguard the crap out of cloud

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Cloud might beat you in neutral due to superior range, but you have clear advantage offstage. Try to gimp him hard with fair, bair, trumps and even counter against his climhazzard which usually means a stock. Dancing blade is your friend on neutral, and jab1 + tipperFsmash is ridiculous once you master it.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
in neutral jab 1>side b is really good, also nair 1 into grab or into jab1>fsmash is also very good. his recovery is really easy to catch with dtilt as well.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Counter will also beat out every single limit move (including side b) so if you can get a read on when they will use it, it'll kill them.
Actually, I don't think Counter's a very valuable tool against Limit. First off, it's way, way too risky, as a misread means they're unable to move for a full second while Cloud's standing right next to them with Finishing Touch ready. Second, every single Limit move deals very light individual hits, from Limit Cross Slash's 5 small hits to Finishing Touch's 1% hit with gargantuan knockback. Successfully countering any of these moves will result in only the minimum 8% counter hit which isn't going to kill anybody. (Contrary to popular belief counters do not return the countered move's knockback, each counter has its own knockback values) Ike, Corrin, Lucario, Greninja, and Bayonetta may be able to kill with their counters depending on the situation, but Marth isn't going to get much out of it at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom