• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, old friends =)

MrAzureKun

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I'm an old squirt man main from brawl and then I dabbled with him in PM for the fun since I only ever played PM casually. Should we talk about what we noticed in the reveal/at E3 here or should we make a thread about it? Cause I kinda wanted to talk about the tech that may or may not be coming back from brawl for squirt man.

Spatman

Smash Ace
hey, I'm not one of that old faces, but I guess I will be a PT main (or sub main) in Smash Ultimate!
I always loved the concept of this character but not quite as much as it was designed in Brawl.
Now all looks like so polished and so fast that I think it will be one of the funniest character to use!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I’ll be back for sure. Pretty much skipped out of Smash 4 entirely because I couldn’t play Squirtle, but here we are. :yeahboi:

T-block

B2B TST
I kind of wish I had chosen a better title for this thread.

While it's amazing to see old names that I recognize posting here, it's actually equally cool to see all the Pokemon mains from Smash 4, as well as the newer Smash players in general expressing so much interest and excitement =D

Spatman

Smash Ace
I kind of wish I had chosen a better title for this thread.

While it's amazing to see old names that I recognize posting here, it's actually equally cool to see all the Pokemon mains from Smash 4, as well as the newer Smash players in general expressing so much interest and excitement =D
well, in a sense the majority of us grew up with pokémon games so Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are our old friends to whom we say welcome back (especially the first two) AND we pokémon trainers are all linked together by this historical series so in a sense we are all old friends through it =)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Don't know if I'm remembered. Probably not, but Pokemon Trainer was the peak of the Smash Bros announcement.

I never touched Charizard on 3DS (other than to complete challenges, unlock moves, etc) due to me being upset with the removal of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the switch mechanic. Didn't touch Greninja either due to association.

But now that he's back I'm conflicted. He's thrice the work to master, and I'm devoted to Sonic, Megaman, and Little Mac. On the other hand... Man have I missed this character! I might say I'll play him casually, but I'll probably play him to be the best that no one ever was.

And also, as payback for all the backlash I got at complaining from his removal.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
I cannot wait to play around with all the possible switchong combos. I think the finest ones will be like razor leaf -> flare blitz. Or squirtle up air -> bullet seed

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wonder what kind of mixup recoveries we can pull off.
Like... double jump as Ivysaur, switch, gain two more jumps, flare blits, switch, Squirtle's Waterfall?

Seriously, there's so much I want to lab with this character that he'll undoubtly become my main sooner or later.

I love that apparently Ivy's Up+B won't put him in freefall state, because I could've sworn he executed 2 Up+B attempts in that match VS ZeRo's Ike.

MrAzureKun

Smash Cadet
I’ll be back for sure. Pretty much skipped out of Smash 4 entirely because I couldn’t play Squirtle, but here we are. :yeahboi:
How do you feel about squirt's new dash? I love the animation even though I'm heart broken about the loss of shell shifting :(

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Hey all. PT was my first main in Brawl; I officially switched to Snake but always kept the monsters in my pocket. Originally I played mainly with Squirtle and ignored the other two, but when I installed Brawl+ (anybody even still remember that?), I really came to appreciate what Ivysaur could do. And in Smash 4 I played Charizard for fun so now we’ve come full circle.

For some reason, I was a bit intimidated watching the videos detailing the hard stats on each of the three mons this time around. Once I get the controller in my hands though, I'm sure it will all come back to me and I'll fall in love with this character again :)

Last edited:
Hey all. PT was my first main in Brawl; I officially switched to Snake but always kept the monsters in my pocket. Originally I played mainly with Squirtle and ignored the other two, but when I installed Brawl+ (anybody even still remember that?), I really came to appreciate what Ivysaur could do. And in Smash 4 I played Charizard for fun so now we’ve come full circle.

For some reason, I was a bit intimidated watching the videos detailing the hard stats on each of the three mons this time around. Once I get the controller in my hands though, I'm sure it will all come back to me and I'll fall in love with this character again :)
It's on! We're finally going to be the very bests...

D

Deleted member

It's gonna be so hard to settle down with a few charcters... PT will definitely be considered. I haven't been this hyped since Brawl itself.

It's gonna be so hard to settle down with a few charcters... PT will definitely be considered. I haven't been this hyped since Brawl itself.
Ya man. It will be a wonderful dilemma :)

I was already playing him in Brawl but he seems even better now (can switch Pokemon mid air + pokemon don't have a stamina limit anymore!)

Hype!

D

Deleted member

Ya man. It will be a wonderful dilemma :)

I was already playing him in Brawl but he seems even better now (can switch Pokemon mid air + pokemon don't have a stamina limit anymore!)

Hype!
ABSOLUTELY. It looks fast enough to the point where you might be able to switch 'mon mid combo. And that's a beautiful thing. The character's potential is through the roof.

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
ABSOLUTELY. It looks fast enough to the point where you might be able to switch 'mon mid combo. And that's a beautiful thing. The character's potential is through the roof.
Oh yeah. Probably nothing true, since it takes ~38 frames to swap, but Ivysaur and Charizard look to have pretty useful kill moves they can throw out right after a switch as part of a 50/50. I can't wait to give this character a shot.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Hello! SSBM IC main who played a bunch of Ivysaur in 3.02 PM. Really looking forward to repping pokemon trainer in ultimate.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
AHHHHHHH!
Hyped like crazy for PT's reintroduction into the series. I may not be an "old" face, but I loved the team just as much as you guys. Can't wait to get my hands on Ultimate to enjoy them again.

Top Bottom