• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, My Fellow Ike Mains

John Alejos

Smash Rookie
Im new to this competitive thing, but i wanna get more into it, so my friend made me wanna become more interested on playing competitive brawl. I am a Ike main, i wasn't always a Ike main, I was a Link main and i should say i was pretty good. But i soon started to see Ike and how good i was with him. So now Im starting to main with Ike. Im still learning alot on Ike. My main are, Ike, Link (Toon Link), Marth. So if you could at be so kind and teach me on how to play with Ike and some new moves.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Im new to this competitive thing, but i wanna get more into it, so my friend made me wanna become more interested on playing competitive brawl. I am a Ike main, i wasn't always a Ike main, I was a Link main and i should say i was pretty good. But i soon started to see Ike and how good i was with him. So now Im starting to main with Ike. Im still learning alot on Ike. My main are, Ike, Link (Toon Link), Marth. So if you could at be so kind and teach me on how to play with Ike and some new moves.
Personally, I have been an Ike main since release, but only as of the past couple months have I actually been trying to improve, as I've taken the game more serious. Since I'm going to a tournament at A&C Games July 20, I don't want to spoil too much of the fun, but if you still care then, be sure to watch for a big pale white kid named Blitz. I main Ike (and improving drastically each month), Diddy and Lucas. I will be entering singles mostly as Ike, and in doubles I'll be mixing between Ike Diddy and whomever my teammate and I agree would go well in a combination. As far as anything right now for help, look up Ryo, Red-X (not the Ness/MK player from Ontario), or just type in on youtube Ike Compilation, and watch what they do and why they do it. Hope it helps, I'd be more useful but I don't want to spoil any tricks till after my first tournament :p

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Hope it helps, I'd be more useful but I don't want to spoil any tricks till after my first tournament :p
Preeeety sure most tricks have been found I would most likely guess, seeing how far into the life cycle this game is. Just sayin.

@OP: First off welcome and nice to see you having an interest in repping Ike. For most things you can use [This guide here] to help get you started on refining your competitive moveset and playstyle. While somewhat outdated, it still is valuable none the less. Would also recommend you posting [in here] and introduce yourself slightly so others Ike players will take notice of you, and be willing to help you out more. Think of that topic as your go to for any questions, concerns, or general insanity/normal/coffee/whatever talk. Also if you have any recorded footage of yourself from competitions or competitive heavy online matches, don't hesitate to post a vid under [this topic here] if you are looking to have some critique done on it to help you improve.May take a while for someone to respond, but usually someone will chime in at some point.

Laku

Smash Rookie
I'd say aerials are pretty important, you should learn to short hop. Ike's pretty slow so try playing defensive instead of going all in and taking unnecessary damage. His gameplay is mostly predicting what opponents will do and that will take a lot of practice. Good luck :)

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I'd say aerials are pretty important, you should learn to short hop. Ike's pretty slow so try playing defensive instead of going all in and taking unnecessary damage. His gameplay is mostly predicting what opponents will do and that will take a lot of practice. Good luck :)
Yeah, I've personally switched over to PM and since Ike has improved, so have I. If I got back to Brawl I keep that in mind, since I seem to forget that Ike is too slow to go full on offensive, and he should stick to mind games and punishing hard as hell. Oh, and I love your quote from Schaeffer, arguably the greatest boss in FE history XD

Laku

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I've personally switched over to PM and since Ike has improved, so have I. If I got back to Brawl I keep that in mind, since I seem to forget that Ike is too slow to go full on offensive, and he should stick to mind games and punishing hard as hell. Oh, and I love your quote from Schaeffer, arguably the greatest boss in FE history XD

Ike is a lot more viable choice in PM than in Brawl, everything's been sped up and it's great. Brawl though, right now he's stuck in the middle of the middle tier, haha ^^ Definitely, Ike really can punish hard and those launches are what made me love to play him in the first place.
Glad to see an FE fan every once in a while! Happy I could provide some laughs.

Top Bottom