• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HellaSmashed VI

Croi

Smash Lord

Brawl pools: (22 entrants)

Melee bracket: (10 entrants)

1) SuperBoomFan ($120)
2) billybeegood ($60)
3) zhao_guang ($20)
4) Jet
5) Hobo
5) Lambnadr
7) B-Ron
7) Attila
9) KOTS
9) Jimbo

Brawl Singles Bracket (16 entrants)

1) SuperBoomFan :snake: ($277)
2) billybeegood :snake::popo::metaknight: ($166)
3) Croi :wario: ($83)
4) Raziek :marth: ($27)
5) Attila :dk: ($10)
5) Drake :rob: ($10)
7) Nysyarc :ike:
7) zhao_guang :luigi::marth:
9) White :dedede:
9) Firefly :yoshi:
9) Shaft :falco::marth:
9) TeJay :dk:
13) Curly :pit:
13) Cylix :olimar:
13) Oons :diddy:
13) Caesar :olimar:

Brawl Doubles Round Robin (16 entrants)

1) SuperBoonFan+Firefly :snake:/:yoshi: ($230)
2) billybeegood+Croi :snake::wario:/:wario: ($138)
3) Attila+Raziek :dk:/:marth: ($92)
4) Shaft+Drake :marth:/:rob:
5) Lambnadr+White :pikachu::luigi:/:dedede:
6) Curly+Nysyarc :pit:/:ike:
7) Cylix+Caesar :olimar:/:olimar:
8) Hero+Jimbo :random:/:dedede:

Crew Battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChKRvLTRLI&list=UUyDRvC43ZHQ8YusQi3lRKow&index=1&feature=plcp

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
SHOUT-OUTS!

SuperBoomFan - Great to meet you man, you absolutely rocked it in all three games, it was a treat to watch/play you. You're a chill dude, and I hope you make your way back to NS sometime. Cheers to you.

billybeegood - Finally proved you're head and shoulders above me (although you probably have been for quite some time haha). Proud of the improvement you made and good stuff repping NS.

zhao_guang - Big ol ****

Jet - Didn't get to play, but you really stepped it up, gratz on beating Nick. You're too cool.

Hobo - Super fun friendlies, your low tiers are too sharp. Keep it up, and let's revive Melee in NS!

Lambnadr - The classic match-up in Melee, never gets old. Always fun to play you and even more fun to hang out with you.

B-Ron - Killer Ganon, I thought I had sufficient experience in the match-up but you proved me right wrong! Keep coming out to support Melee

Attila - You made me look right silly, and you totally wrecked it this tournament. Your DK is just too much to handle! You'll get to the next level soon enough, I'm sure of it.

KOTS - Fun commentating with you, and thanks so much for the supporting the event through AiB and the such, greatly appreciated.

Jimbo - My memory fails me : (

Croi - Wrecked me as per usual, and sorry again about being a ***** about recording my stand-up, I'm just not ready for it yet. Good performance in both events, and thanks so much for running the event like you did, it was awesome, and I can't begin to imagine how difficult it was.

Raziek - Clutched it out big time in bracket, and gave me a good whoopin' in crews. I'd like to say I'd bring it back, but that's looking more and more unlikely hahaha. Keep it up and seize that top spot again! DON'T EVEN WORRY 'BOUT MK.

Drake - Always a treat to play with you/hang out with you. I just happened to be on in crews, I still think it was the smartest possible choice to pit you vs. me. Our all-time record is so lopsided that next time we play, I'm sure I'll have to go Marth again just to stay in it X_X

Nysyarc - I really enjoyed commentating with you, and good stuff taking some names at this event. That Ike never ceases to make me cry.

White - My #1 choice for crews, second half of Mardi Gras, and the chillest of all dudes. You're almost at the top of the NS food chain, just keep working on it, and keep doing what you're doing, but I approve of it. Call me old fashioned, but you're a stand-up guy! #ants

Firefly - I hate everyone OoP. But you...you're something special. Letting Parker go MK, tearing it up in crews/dubs, you're too much. I have too much respect for you and continue to hope you'll attend many Smash events (that I'm at, of course!).

Shaft - Good games as always, your Marth and Falco are awesome to watch, and it was fun hanging again after such a long time. Saturday night must've been a time and a half hahaha (Pacifico wristband yeye)

TeJay - Congrats on tying the knot, and it was fun to finally meet/play you in person. Your DK was slick as hell, and playing your Mario rocked. Hope to see you again in the future!

Curly - Talk about improvement! Your Pit is really getting quite solid, and I look forward to seeing you continue to improve and hopefully start racking up big wins, I know you can do it.

Cylix - Great to finally meet you, and play that Olimar. You're quite solid, and a gem to be around. Also, one of the most enjoyable commentators I've heard in a long time. You and Adrian should team up sometime, it'd be a hootenanny!

Oons - You're right scary to play! Awesome to meet you, and that Diddy is too hype. I'm nervous for when we play next, and amazing job in crews, I definitely thought you were the MVP.

Caesar - That's why you were picked for crews! Hahah you repped Tinman's Tweets to the fullest, and you were too cool to hang with. Hope to see you again!

Jr - Always a treat to hang with, and your Marth was rocking (spiked me right good). I'd love to play the GnW of Halifax fame next time, and thanks for setting up the equipment for me to tell really, really ****ty jokes!

MALCORE - The legend returns. Thanks for coming out, and good to reunite briefly after such a long hiatus. Thanks for repping us in crews too!

Crew Battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChKRvLTRLI&list=UUyDRvC43ZHQ8YusQi3lRKow&index=1&feature=plcp

THIS ROCKED TOO HARD. If I forgot anyone, just scream into my left ear with utmost ferocity. Cheers to Ralston Arcade for running a beautiful stream, and I hope these videos are at least half as good as I remember.

Rock...on?

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
SHOOOOUTTTOOUUUUTS

Boom: Well ****... played 20 tournament games against you LMAO

zhao: nice MM's. the impressions were bang on during your stand up. melee set was too close (I need to stop rolling)

Jet: BTHROW FSMASH. you've improved so much since last time. looking forward to future tournaments

Hobo. pimp slap. that is all

Lamb. ITS THE FIRST TOURNEY I HAVNT PLAYED WITH OR AGAINST YOU (MINUS DOUBLES) IN 3 YEARS LOL

B ron: OP ganon. really smart player

Jesse: nice sets in melee. but man you've turned it up a TON in brawl. dont be too hard on yourself for a couple of those losses though. **** happens

KOTS: *waves across the street*

Croi: so uhh. close set....fun tourney...uhhh. damn you've gotten better over 2 years LOL.

RAZZY: HI WE DIDNT PLAY, BYE

AARON: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ PS: DRUNK

craysyn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4

white. nice pool games. crews were mad hype.....I mean....MAD HYPE...the fire rises
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNLwcTRubq4

Firefly. so I heard you like close sets with mk legal at an mk banned tourney....... LSLH games had me shaking

Cory. nice doubles set. crews were alright I guess

Tejay. all the way from nfld and we didnt even play D:

greg. hey....wanna see something cool...

matt haller...... GREAT JOB ON MIC MAN

oons: man you won the crew battle >_> /salt

cesar. STAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAGE

jr, didnt get to play but I hope you had a time. also smashfest was awesome

Killock *namesearch bait*

Malcolm...... D: D: D:

fireflys little brother: if you had beaten adrian. you woulda been a permanent member of the NS PRs. ggs in pools

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
melee pot bonus wasnt included with the results. I know I made 90$ from melee not 60. and I believe the bonus was split 500$(ish)/300S(bdoubles)/200$ (melee singles) so I made about 320 and boom made a little bit less than double that

Shaft

Smash Rookie
Let's see if I can remember my password this time! I'll do some shoutouts later

Drake12

Smash Ace
Let's see if I can remember my password this time! I'll do some shoutouts later
^Lol.

Mister Boom: Good to see you again. Now that you've been here you better show your face again. Also, way to cornhole me in 64 and in brawl...too good dammit!

billybeegood - Hello there.

zhao - Honestly one of the guys I respect the most in any smash community. You have a talent for slamming people but still respecting them...somehow. Bummed I didn't beat ya in the crew battle but hey, well deserved win for ya. You better go luigi next time since I'm needing those 'notable' wins...plus you're win was legit it seemed.

Lambnadr - I mean it when I say that I was really sad that you didn't make pro bracket. What an upset, really harshed my mello.

Attila - Props to fifth place my brother. Live long and prosper (and come over one of these years)

KOTS - Way to support the scene, even if you don't go to too many events :/ Be outgoing and be a friendly face.

Jimbo - Good to see that you're becoming more active. I hope the community if making you feel more welcome. Keep coming and playing and you'll definitely improve.

Croi - Big shoutout to putting your heart in this tournament. You recognize that money isn't more important than many other things and it is evident time and time again. The turnout wasn't ideal, but it wasn't due to lack of effort on your part. Good **** on beating me the time it counts the most.

Raziek - Time to face the bat my pro ban friend. Way to keep er real and pitch in at the tournament. Got some good laughs from ya too. Good match my man, but I wonder what changed this time around.

Nysyarc - It was good to see you again, and even though I have your marbles you are definitely no sleeper. Good times
and way to have a sturdy leg to lean on xD

White - My favourite rager for sure. You're a funny dude and becomign a serious threat. I may have taken the win this time around, but I know that can easily turn around next time.

Firefly - Another one of my favourite dudes in the community. you're frankly one of the dudes I'd love to hang out with outside of smash even. Way to trek on down and be a badass yoshi...even if the dino hates robots. I look foreword to seeing you again sometime.

Shaft - totally wack on how our team worked. Im glad to have a teammate set in stone and with some good practice we can take this ****. It was a blast playing that mario party, thanks for showing me the beauty of Capt Morgan.

TeJay - Ggs man. I hope you feel welcome to come on back because itd be great to have ya. Don't be a stranger and make some friends.

Curly - Dammit pit! I know I might steamroll ya now and again, but don't go getting discouraged over taht since youre a legit player.

Cylix - Dammit Olimar! You're another that is getting to the point of passing me. If this keeps up I might even have to get my hands on a secondary since you might start beating me soon. Ggs my man.

Oons - I got to meet you! <3 What a cute little guy. We didn't get to play at all, but you're looking legit. Also, your diddy>my diddy.

Caesar - Better come on down again at some point since you're an awesome dude to be around. There'll be plenty of housing to go around. Big respect for those who travel, especially when they aren't expecting the win.

Jr - Good to see ya again. You have all the tech to be a big player, just refine it. I'm glad that you're still kicking around and enjoying it. Thanks for opening your house to everyone.

Mal- I remember you going ham on me years back. Good to see that friendly face again. Better enter an event one of these years!

Shoutout to Will for being a sexy *** dude, tuning into the stream and for taking my money. I look foreword to seeing you again. Better make time for some friendlies with me. (btw, I dig your livestream)

Shoutout to the beatiful livestream! My dad loved it.
I hope I didn't miss anyone...

Oh, and shoutout to Kevin (Aleate (Courier)) For being a welcoming positive dude supporting from across the country and tuning into the livestream as well. <3 ya dude and way to keep that turnip pulling princess working.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Search function is working again, bait successful. You win this time BBG.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
1) SuperBoomFan ($277) - This guy. It was super cool housing you and Rich. When we weren't driving into one-ways or practically running over cyclists, we were just kinda kickin' back on youtube or just talking. We had some pretty good matches minus you going D3, which was supes ghey. Also, SSB64 was extremely fun. I've never seen pivot grabs actually incorporated into gameplay, so yeah. :p Anyway overall it was a "neat" experience, and I'd house you guys again if you came. :)

2) billybeegood ($166) - Man these shoutouts are long. :/ It's funny, 'cuz the first thing I think of when I think of ya is trolling the balls off new players. I use to be one of those players that you'd go Luigi against or some bull like that. It's probably one of the best feelings that I've had about Smash Bros. since you've started having to try against me and such. You used to be some unattainable goal to accomplish, and now it's getting into my range. Not that you'll give it up easily, but still, something I noticed. That shoutout meant a lot, too. Anyway, same as Dan, gg's minus D3. xD And Melee didn't happen.

3) Croi ($83) - Funny story about this one. When I asked you why you went to PS2, I'm pretty sure you mentioned that you went there cuz I banned RC, when I actually banned Frigate. I wasn't sure if you just mispoke during the explanation, but yeah. xD Pretty much everything just worked out super well that second match, especially low-angled ftilts for 50~ % at the ledge. You're probably the funnest person to play against, and it could be because you're good, or some other unknown reason. xD Regardless, had a ton of fun, and while commentating your matches against Parks, I kinda wanted you to go on to potentially beat Boom. :) No offense to Parks, that is.

Oh, and obviously thanks for getting this tourney set up, getting the stream, all the fundraising, and all the hard work. Definitely the best TO evar. <3

4) Raziek ($27) - Man, I was mad when you took me out, haha. Sometimes stuff like that happens though, and from all the accidental u-smashes and misinputs, it might've not been meant to be, is all. Super fun matches though, and I think our team has figured out how to dubs. :D I'll stop d-smashing you though, count on it!

Also, thanks for the dirty work of the tourney , registrations, bracket making and such. Always appreciated. :)<3

5) Attila ($10) - I'm actually pretty damn surprised you went DK the whole tourney. Guess there are those times where it feels right to go someone, and at Hellasmashed VI, the DK rose.

5) Drake ($10) - D'awh, bff's get 5th place. <3 Super good on ya for beating Jordan, but I wish we just switched places in loser's so I could play Matt and you could play Jord. xD Good luck on your quest to become #5 ROB, it's definitely within your grasp!

7) Nysyarc - YOU EXIST! AND YOU BEAT FIREFLY WITH LITTLE TO NO PRACTICE! WTF!? Foreals, you and Greg had the funniest team ever, and you obviously still had some fight left in ya to beat Jakey-poo. <4 (you get a 4, you're THAT special)

7) zhao_guang - All the confidence in the world is what you give me, my friend. Like, as soon as you say something, I instantly take it to heart and do well. Also, that crew battle was friggin' amazing, other than letting you down as anchor. I sowie. :( The standup was casual but hilarious as always, and now that you have your wii, you better rip up T-DOT! <3

9) White - Another one of those people who inspired me. ***** a monthly, then at 6:14 a.m. the day of HS6, he sends me a 4-part text with the most heartfelt and inspirational words I've heard in a long time. I feel I answered that call, and even if you didn't as much, you still have a Grand Finals win that I don't have. xD Also stop drinking till you can't remember. xD

9) Firefly - One of the cooler people that I've met outside of our scene, you're always super cool to hangout/play against. Despite not doing amazing in singles (YOU LOST TO IKE!), you and Dan answered the call for dubs and beat everyone relatively handily. When you go back to BC, give Dawson a hug for me, and Aleate. :)<3

9) Shaft - You finally took out Nyke! Spammed the poop out of f-smash, you've learned from Aaron and I well. I'm glad we didn't play in singles, cuz screw Falco, but dubs was pree cool. Your partner let you down, though. ;)

9) TeJay - Ahhh, Steveeeee. <3 as I told ya, I was a bit starstruck to meet someone who's played with Team Redundancy Team, but even if that wasn't the case, you were easily one of the highlights of this tourney. It's a rare treat to meet other DK's, so you're always welcome here. Also, congratu-friggin'-lations on getting engaged. You guys are too cute. <3

13) Curly - SO MANY WORDS. The pics and stuff were cool, the vids were cool, and you're cool. Also, you're friggin' hilarious to play in doubles and my hands hurt from typing bai. Also Let's Play. <3

13) Cylix - Frickin' Olimar. You know I lubchuu, dough. <3

13) Oons - Friggin' great job beating Nick a second time. No idea how you do it, but it obviously isn't fluke. Also, that crew battle was friggin' key, 5 stocks was it? Wish we got to play more outside of tourneys, but we'll figure it out someday.

13) Caesar - MAH DAWG! Same as Dan and Rich, you were a pleasure to house. being your boss teammate in DKCR was legit, and so was touring Halifax. But, I dunno if you'll even get this, so I'll stop now. xD

Who am I forgetting....?

Ah!

Hobo - Super fun Melee matches. Mewtwo is a pretty chill guy, and some of the combos were pretty sick! We might end up playing some more, cuz I'll be going to Jet's house at times to play some, so yeah, hopefully see ya then!

Jet - Ya wrecked me pretty hard, Falco vs. DK is a toughie. Hoping to play you soon, and good stuff on 4th!

Lamb - This was a tough tourney for you, but don't let that getcha down. You'll come back stronger than ever and probably beat me at least, lol. Darn Pika.

JR - You just gotta get instincts for the game. You and Hero are in the same boat, you know your characters, but you gotta work on reading and can't go in arms-a-flailing. Still though, hope ya had fun, and that BBQ was madddddddd legit. :)

Hero - Stupid infinite. Same as JR, get on dem instincts, and everything else will fall into place. Work on the CG's, and grab releases, and how far you can chain people before they go offstage, and all that jazz. :)

Mike Daniels - Super legit stream, I'm so sorry about the bathroom incident. It's the nerves, I tells ya. :/ And I love you. <3

Will - Thanks so much for stream monstering, at least you were there in spirit. :) And you also didn't go to Revelations, which was a key thing. You should totally try to visit us for a monthly sometime, we all love ya here in Nova Scotia. <3

I think that's it. I now have Carpal Tunnel.

Top Bottom