• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Just finished watching Chugga's part 2 and HOLY CRAP! I forgot about Shulk's first vision that shows a TON of stuff in the future, towards end of the game. Crazy stuff. I'm enjoying watching Chugga's play through so i can experience Xenoblade again through already knowing eyes.
Yeah, some of the stuff at the beginning...
In the prologue when Dickson takes a giant Mechon blade-thing straight in the back, STARTS RADIATING THAT PURPLE AURA ****, and shrugs it off? Why didn't that set off any flags for me lol.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Even though Fiora would be the more fun charcter to play as Shulk is more iconic and would make for a intresting moveset

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Even though Fiora would be the more fun charcter to play as Shulk is more iconic and would make for a intresting moveset
She could be a cool assist trophy, but i'd rather have Reyn.

Hey, here's a question guys! So well all know Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers, seeing as Zelda/Sheik in Melee, Palutena's reveal trailer, and various trophies in Brawl. Do you think he would spoil Xenoblade at all whether it be in trophies (assist or regular) or in Shulk's moveset?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, since I assume there's going to be trophies of all of the party members, I'm pretty sure we can count on at least some spoilers.

And various Monado powers in his moveset, so there's at least a couple near-guarantees.

D

Deleted member

I never played Xenoblade, but I like the idea of Shulk in Smash, miscelanneous franchises are always welcomed additions in my opinion, also, that X game looks great and is a must-buy for me, so, a question for all of you who played the game: what would be the more suitable Assist Trophies and stages to represent the game and possibly the sequel too?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, since we still don't know too much about XCX, and it isn't set to launch for at least another year, I don't think we'll be seeing any representation from it until the next game.

However, as for Xenoblade, any of the party members (especially Reyn, Dunban or 7 (the final party member, who's identity is super spoilery) would make great assist trophies.) Reyn especially, considering his hilarious one-liners and likable personality.

A stage, I'm still set on Eryth Sea or Prison Island, which are iconic interesting locations in-game that don't delve TOO far into the game's plot. Most here are set on a traveling stage that would cover most areas in the game, and that's a great idea, I just don't see us getting too many "transformy" stages since we already have Mushroom Kingdom U, Town and City and Reset Bomb Forest.

Whatever the stage, any single music choice will be an amazing addition to the Smash soundtrack. If you haven't heard any of the music, stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and go give it a listen. (You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm, as well as Unfinished Battle are my personal favorites, but every single track in the game is good and easy on the ears.)

D

Deleted member

I never played Xenoblade, but I like the idea of Shulk in Smash, miscelanneous franchises are always welcomed additions in my opinion, also, that X game looks great and is a must-buy for me, so, a question for all of you who played the game: what would be the more suitable Assist Trophies and stages to represent the game and possibly the sequel too?
Suitable Assist Trophies I say would be Reyn, Melia, and Riki. Reyn would tank the hits for the player, Melia would summon all sorts of projectiles, and Riki would cause debuff moves or extremely random moves.

As for stages, I think that Gaur Plains is the best stage for Xenoblade. It would showcase how expansive and colorful the game's areas are as well as how odd the land structures are in Xenoblade.

It arguably is the most iconic area with quite possibly the most iconic area song in the game.
Honestly, I think that Gaur Plains is going to be our Xenoblade stage, but Eryth Sea and a traveling stage are also some amazing picks!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, since we still don't know too much about XCX, and it isn't set to launch for at least another year, I don't think we'll be seeing any representation from it until the next game.

However, as for Xenoblade, any of the party members (especially Reyn, Dunban or 7 (the final party member, who's identity is super spoilery) would make great assist trophies.) Reyn especially, considering his hilarious one-liners and likable personality.

A stage, I'm still set on Eryth Sea or Prison Island, which are iconic interesting locations in-game that don't delve TOO far into the game's plot. Most here are set on a traveling stage that would cover most areas in the game, and that's a great idea, I just don't see us getting too many "transformy" stages since we already have Mushroom Kingdom U, Town and City and Reset Bomb Forest.

Whatever the stage, any single music choice will be an amazing addition to the Smash soundtrack. If you haven't heard any of the music, stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and go give it a listen. (You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm, as well as Unfinished Battle are my personal favorites, but every single track in the game is good and easy on the ears.)
Sword Valley I think makes a lot of sense as a stage... very important to the plot and also the very first area you experience in the game, actually. Not the most visually exciting stage, but it seems very appropriate for Smash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I made the plunge and purchased me a copy of the game. I have yet to pick it up and play it though.

Now I just may support Shulk and actually get why I support him. LOL.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I think Melia (if Jenna Coleman reprises her role) should be a assist trophy for Shulk.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I think Melia (if Jenna Coleman reprises her role) should be a assist trophy for Shulk.
Something tells me Jenna's been busy with Doctor Who, but I'd love to see that personally. I literally just found out that Jenna played Melia and I've been freaking out. They'd probably have to pull soundbytes from the game though, because like I said, Jenna's been doing mostly her role as Clara, though I know she did wander off at some point late last...year...*is realizing what might be going on*...oh...OH...

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Something tells me Jenna's been busy with Doctor Who, but I'd love to see that personally. I literally just found out that Jenna played Melia and I've been freaking out. They'd probably have to pull soundbytes from the game though, because like I said, Jenna's been doing mostly her role as Clara, though I know she did wander off at some point late last...year...*is realizing what might be going on*...oh...OH...
Well it wouldn't hurt if she said a few new lines for Melia during the assist trophy.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Well it wouldn't hurt if she said a few new lines for Melia during the assist trophy.
That's what I'm thinking. That few months after they filmed the Christmas Special before they started Series 8 would be more than enough time for her to stop by a recording studio to read off a few lines. I don't think they'd even need her in person as long as they were sent the audio file, yes? That's one hell of a crack theory, but it does make sense.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait...

Clara Oswald is one of the voices in Xenoblade?

God damn it, why can't I play this game right now?!

Side note: I find it highly amusing that one of the games that was suggested on the flyer for Xenoblade Chronicles in my copy was Rhythm Heaven: Fever.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Besides in general just being awesome, Melia simply deserves to be an AT because of all she went through in Xenoblade.

D

Deleted member

If that is actually the case and she voiced Melia for her potential Assist Trophy appearance, then my mind would be blown.
I guess we will have to wait and see. One thing is for certain though, we will not be seeing Xenoblade content for a very long time.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So I've been absent for a while and can't really find a way to hop back into this all so... how 'bout that Smash Run thing? We thinking confirmed for sure or what?

Personally I would find the appearance of a mechon more convincing, but it's still good news if you ask me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Sneaky Spirits? Yeah, I'd say all but confirmed since no non-playable franchises have yet to make any appearances.

(The Mii Fighters are technically Smash, so the subspace characters can't even say that!) So yeah.

...Still want some Mechon though. I pretty much guarantee we'll see some, though.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yeah, Chugga time!

Oh yeah, I forgot how AWESOME chain attacks are! (I haven't played Xenoblade for a long time >.> ) Something like that has got to be Shulk's final smash. The question is, which characters?
The Sneaky Spirits? Yeah, I'd say all but confirmed since no non-playable franchises have yet to make any appearances.

(The Mii Fighters are technically Smash, so the subspace characters can't even say that!) So yeah.

...Still want some Mechon though. I pretty much guarantee we'll see some, though.
Yeah, Mechons would make for pretty great Smash Run enemies.

EDIT: Going to change this in a bit, but I quoted the wrong post. lmao

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hah! Yeah, I mean enemies from series that aren't going to be playable. Although if the ICs somehow don't come back, I'll just be confused by the polar bears in that case. All the same, have not/are/will be playable series seem to be the only ones with Smash Run enemies.

As it should be. There should've been Kremlings, Bulborbs, random Pokemon, etc. in Subspace...

D

Deleted member

So I've been absent for a while and can't really find a way to hop back into this all so... how 'bout that Smash Run thing? We thinking confirmed for sure or what?

Personally I would find the appearance of a mechon more convincing, but it's still good news if you ask me.
In regards to the Mechon trophy, I won't believe it until I see it, like with Chunky Kong apparently being an Assist Trophy. If Shulk is in Smash, I bet that we will see Mechon in Smash Run.
If Sakurai posted a Pic of the Day with Mechon in Smash Run, I would consider Shulk all-but-confirmed at that point. Why have Mechon and not have Shulk?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
In regards to the Mechon trophy, I won't believe it until I see it, like with Chunky Kong apparently being an Assist Trophy. If Shulk is in Smash, I bet that we will see Mechon in Smash Run.
If Sakurai posted a Pic of the Day with Mechon in Smash Run, I would consider Shulk all-but-confirmed at that point. Why have Mechon and not have Shulk?
I don't think we'll see something so obvious as a Mechon in Smash Run until after Shulk is revealed. Sakurai's too crafty for that.

D

Deleted member

I don't think we'll see something so obvious as a Mechon in Smash Run until after Shulk is revealed. Sakurai's too crafty for that.
If only the Mechon slipped through the cracks in Smash Run like the ghosts from Rhythm Heaven...
Hopefully we will see Shulk in August. That month will prove to be interesting.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
To be fair, he have seen the Sneaky Spirit and Polar Bears without their characters yet...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
To be fair, he have seen the Sneaky Spirit and Polar Bears without their characters yet...
I think Mechons would be a bit of a different result. Whether a RH playable character appear or not, the idea they would make reference to Rhythm Heaven even without a character could be quite possible given the sheer number of possible characters. The polar bear falls into the same catagory as Samurai Goroh, and Ashely in regards to confirm Wario and Captain Falcon. Being characters that we assumed would be back but that evidence just helped to support the idea.

The Mechons without context would be a very weird addition. Nothing about the Mechons is particularly quirky or stands well on its own even compared to something like the Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven. It would stand out to people as a bit of an odd choice for a one game with no playable characters. I think the effect would be very different in that regards.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think Mechons would be a bit of a different result. Whether a RH playable character appear or not, the idea they would make reference to Rhythm Heaven even without a character could be quite possible given the sheer number of possible characters. The polar bear falls into the same catagory as Samurai Goroh, and Ashely in regards to confirm Wario and Captain Falcon. Being characters that we assumed would be back but that evidence just helped to support the idea.

The Mechons without context would be a very weird addition. Nothing about the Mechons is particularly quirky or stands well on its own even compared to something like the Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven. It would stand out to people as a bit of an odd choice for a one game with no playable characters. I think the effect would be very different in that regards.
I agree. Sneaky Spirit can be taken in the same context as the Smashville stage in Brawl, as in a new franchise (to Smash) without playable representation at the current time or otherwise. In fact if it wasn't for the godforsaken leak we wouldn't take much notice of a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run. Polar Bear is self-explanatory, especially given that Sakurai mentioned the Ice Climbers by name when he talked about 3DS technical difficulties.

A Mechon on the other hand would stick out like a sore thumb since they look nothing like anything else in Smash Run (the closest probably being Egg Robos). Plus, unlike Ice Climber, Rhythm Heaven, or Animal Crossing, Xenoblade is neither a ongoing franchise (at least until X launches) nor already has any sort of representation in Smash to begin with, so to have a random enemy from it appears out of the blue would raise quite a few red flags.

D

Deleted member

Shouldn't this thread be rejoicing if a Mechon enemy was confirmed?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Of course it would. It's just unlikely to intentionally happen, it would have to be an accidental thing. The question was whether it was equalivant to some of the other semi-reveals such as Sneak Spirit, Polar Bear, or the like.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Yes? The discussion is that, unless there is a slip-up, we will see Shulk in the roster before anything else Xenoblade related since seeing anything besides that, such as a Mechon in Smash Run, would be a dead giveaway. That is of course unless we have another Animal Crossing stage in Brawl situation, which I don't believe will happen to Shulk by this point.

:4greninja:'d...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course it would. It's just unlikely to intentionally happen, it would have to be an accidental thing. The question was whether it was equalivant to some of the other semi-reveals such as Sneak Spirit, Polar Bear, or the like.
I'd say it would be more significant than the Spirit. At least with the Sneaky Spirit, there are multiple options for a Rhythm Heaven character. I've probably said this before, but the reason why no Xenoblade content has been shown as of yet is that it would outright confirm Shulk as far as I'm concerned.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'd say it would be more significant than the Spirit. At least with the Sneaky Spirit, there are multiple options for a Rhythm Heaven character. I've probably said this before, but the reason why no Xenoblade content has been shown as of yet is that it would outright confirm Shulk as far as I'm concerned.
Yes that's mostly the point that way being made.

Yes? The discussion is that, unless there is a slip-up, we will see Shulk in the roster before anything else Xenoblade related since seeing anything besides that, such as a Mechon in Smash Run, would be a dead giveaway. That is of course unless we have another Animal Crossing stage in Brawl situation, which I don't believe will happen to Shulk by this point.

:4greninja:'d...
I would have to agree. Given the nature of Xenoblade compared to Animal Crossing, given how much more Story driven and character driven the game is, it's kind of hard to have the world of Xenoblade without making some reference to the character the drove it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Thing about the Sneakiy Spirit is that it's such an odd choice. Why go for an enemy from a series that doesn't really have any enemies? The spirits themselves, in a traditional sense, aren't necessarily enemies in the one minigame they appeared in.

It's almost like trying to come up with an Animal Crossing enemy, it's really bizarre. Basically, what I'm trying to say here, having a Smash Run enemy of all things is pretty ridiculous for the series unless there's some context for it, and the only thing I can think of is a Rhythm Heaven character being playable.
Side note: I find it highly amusing that one of the games that was suggested on the flyer for Xenoblade Chronicles in my copy was Rhythm Heaven: Fever.
It's like we're friends. <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom