• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heh-hey it's the Dark Matter thread!

Zeox

Smash Champion
I support it and I think Dark Matter have a lot of chances, it appeared in planet robobot, and has lot's of recerences in Kirby Star allies:
Void Termina itself is cleary some kind of Dark matter, if you play as the animals from Kirby dreamland 2 the final boss have the theme of dark matter from that game, and if you play as Gooey it have the theme of dark matter from kirby dreamland 3.
Also, when you fight against Morpho Knight, you can see in the ground some weird blue portal with black moving spots:

It's the Hyperzone!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I never even thought of Dark Matter plausible character to add until I read this thread. Originally, I was thinking Marx, or even Galacta Knight, but this thread made me add Dark Matter to that list. I'd definitely prefer one of them over Bandana Dee, even though he's probably the most likely. Honestly though, if any of the 3 made it in, I'd probably main them...unless Lyn made it as well, but that's another discussion entirely.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
He's the only character that matters. I'm down. Prefer the Lord Boros looking one, but I'll take what I can get.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Alright so, Kirby Dream land 2 Dark Matter theme or Kirby Dream land 3 Dark Matter theme?
Kirby 2:

Kirby 3:

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've only played 3 Kirby games. Kirby Air Ride (GameCube), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii), and Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS). Though I didn't beat them I'm not really sure if Dark Matter is in those games. But, definitely add me to the supporters, please.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Alright so, Kirby Dream land 2 Dark Matter theme or Kirby Dream land 3 Dark Matter theme?
Kirby 2:

Kirby 3:

They're both outstanding remixes, but I think I like KDL2's theme more. Also, I've heard so many Hyper Zone remixes, but I don't think I've ever even seen anyone remix any of the Dark Matter themes in KDL2. It was unique and marked Dark Matter's return to significance.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Though I'd say Marx is my most wanted Kirby character to become playable, he has no real chance anymore, due to the roster being finalized sometime in 2015. Dark Matter Blade, on the other hand is my second most wanted Kirby character! (I'd really like to have Galacta knight and Dark Meta Knight as well, but Galacta is already deconfirmed, and DMK will most likely be an echo, which doesn't get in the way of unique newcomers and is highly likely to be in as one).

I support Dark Matter Blade!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Made some costumes.
View attachment 150759
Imaginary points to whoever gets the references.
tumblr_ogm2jtvrMe1qd87hlo1_500 (1).gif

These are absolutely awesome, I love them!
First one on the right is Dark Mind, 2nd one is Daroach + Dark Nebula/Zero, 3rd is Drawcia Sorceress + Soul, and the last one is Void Termina's shell/humanoid form + the true form.
Second one on the left is Marx and NOVA, 3rd one is Magolor + Magolor Soul and the final one is Zero Two + Zero

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Triple Deluxe, and Air Ride. But, I'm planning on getting Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for my Wii U. I support!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Rest in peace GonzaGears. He was a major contributor to this thread and a huge Dark Matter fan. He will be missed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dark Matter would be fun. Kirby's Dreamland 2 was one of the first gameboy games I had and was one of my favorite games for a long time

I want him playable in Kirby Star Allies, even though it's unlikely

Rest in peace GonzaGears. He was a major contributor to this thread and a huge Dark Matter fan. He will be missed.
Ooh, discovered this thread at a bad time. I wasn't familiar with him but RIP

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
He's not actually dead, but due to some issues he will never be posting here again or using the name GonzaGears. He was one of the first Dark Matter supporters and it's a shame to see him go.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
For a second thought this was Dark Matter from Super Mystery Dungeon.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
For a second thought this was Dark Matter from Super Mystery Dungeon.
To be fair they're really similar, at their core they're both eyes surrounded by a dark cloud, they both have the same ability to possess people, they're both the physical manifestation of negative emotions, one is obsessed with returning everything to the void and the other is implied to be Void (Termina)'s reincarnation.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
To be fair they're really similar, at their core they're both eyes surrounded by a dark cloud, they both have the same ability to possess people, they're both the physical manifestation of negative emotions, one is obsessed with returning everything to the void and the other is implied to be Void (Termina)'s reincarnation.
wouldn't it be something if both were some how connected lol

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So we got this sick remix

Yep.jpg

But more importantly, the floor is no longer Hyper Zone and is now Dark Star, perhaps something big is coming in Wave 3.
Updated the moveset again.
View attachment 154768
It keeps on getting better and better, honestly, I can't stress enough how much I love this, it's fantastic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After playing through Doroach and Adeleine, who use the ultimate weapons of Kirby 64 and Squeak Squad, I think Dark Matter NEEDS to be added to Star Allies with the Rainbow Sword

Then somehow getting the Star Rod involved.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 11.35.21 PM.png

So uh guys...

Why does he have that (Mega Man) there when no other assist trophy has their series named like that? Could there possibly be another Zero in the game? As hey, maybe a assist trophy or maybe a boss? Or perhaps, say, the final smash of a certain character that may or may not be popular in this thread specifically?

Please?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I mean just how many Zeros are in video games?
Off the top of my head there are those larva things in Metroid.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I mean just how many Zeros are in video games?
Off the top of my head there are those larva things in Metroid.
Fair point but I can't think of many notable Zeros (outside of Kirby and Megaman's) that are likely to get a role, and the Zeros from Metroid that were in last game were in Pyrosphere, which seems to be gone now, but then again they DID get a name call-out during a direct so apparently they're important enough?

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.29.44 AM.png

Decided to look up their trophy and turns out it's named "Zero (Metroid)" which completely fits the Zero (Mega Man) thing. Ugh, I guess this is probably our other Zero then, jamblasted insect!
I was hoping it'd at least be someone cool lol.

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
Dark Matter is one of my most wanted characters and would be a really good villain addition in my opinion. I would like to be put on the support list!

N-V

Smash Rookie
I've always thought it strange how everyone clamors over more Kirby characters and villains yet completely gloss over Dark Matter, particularly in favor of Bandana Dee. He's more of the main antagonist of the series than Dedede, appearing in some form or another in almost every non-Sakurai Kirby game. His moveset already writes itself and could naturally be one of the most unique in the series, but if they wanted to go even further they could reference some of the other Dark Matter invaders (Dark Mind, Dark Nebula/Zero, Void Termina, etc.). Easily my most wanted first party newcomer though their chances of being playable seem pretty slim due to being less popular than Bandana Dee.

Top Bottom