• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heh-hey it's the Dark Matter thread!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Dark Matter

Dark Matter is a cool guy, and I want him in Smash still.

About Dark Matter

Dark Matter is a recurring boss in the Kirbster's games. He had his first appearance in Dreamland 2 and most recently showed up as a hidden boss in Planet Robobot. He also got a hat based off him Kirby Clash Deluxe which is cool.

Why should ya boy dank matter be in smash?

He's got lots of cool moves, lots of cool costumes and is like the best Kirby villain ever.

Discord Group

https://discord.gg/0prnAo2q28ibPDP6

List of Supporters

They're in the old thread somewhere but can also be found below.

Special shout out to GonzaGears, may he continue to live in peace.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Needless to say eye still support Dark Matter, he may not have the main villain role back yet, but in the grand scheme of things he still matters.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So we've got a new mainline Kirby game coming for the Switch!
Screenshot_173.png

Nago's back.

Whispy may or may not be possessed. Is that poison gas coming out of him or dark energy? Who knows.

Also, strangely enough, Dedede, Bandana Dee and Meta Knight are nowhere to found during the trailer.
Inb4 it's because they're all possessed and they don't want to give it away.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
After almost 20 years of waiting, I just want Adeleine appearing again first, because I'm sick of waiting and getting nothign.
But Dark Matter easily comes second in the priority, followed by Daroach.

You can count me as a supporter if you want, even though I will still support Adeleine more, simply because she needs my support more.

Dark Matter had a couple of nice comebacks recently, and I'm convinced that the purple smoke of Wispy in that trailer IS actually Dark Matter, it's not confirmed but I feel like the dark monoeyed cloud returned as a main villain in the new game, there are way too many elements from Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 returning in that game, it's possible that soon the trilogy won't be a trilogy anymore.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
After almost 20 years of waiting, I just want Adeleine appearing again first, because I'm sick of waiting and getting nothign.
But Dark Matter easily comes second in the priority, followed by Daroach.

You can count me as a supporter if you want, even though I will still support Adeleine more, simply because she needs my support more.

Dark Matter had a couple of nice comebacks recently, and I'm convinced that the purple smoke of Wispy in that trailer IS actually Dark Matter, it's not confirmed but I feel like the dark monoeyed cloud returned as a main villain in the new game, there are way too many elements from Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 returning in that game, it's possible that soon the trilogy won't be a trilogy anymore.
Thanks for pointing out that purple, I didn't even notice it the first few times I watched the trailer. I'm calling it now, the final boss is gonna be Queen Masked Dark Shadow Robo Meta Miracle Zero 3 Soul.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Hey guys, I've been gone for half a year haven't I? Well, It's good to be back.

I don't really know what I could add to this thread right now, as I haven't been keeping up with the Kirby news. (I did see the new Kirby game trailer. This might just be the game we've been waiting for.)

Well there is one small thing I'd like to say that you guys probably already figured out: There are quite a few Zero Two remixes in main series games that few or none have noticed. Off the top of my head there is Great Cave Escape, Moonlight Capital, and I'm starting to think that even Legendary Air Ride Machine might be a remix.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've been gone for half a year haven't I? Well, It's good to be back.

I don't really know what I could add to this thread right now, as I haven't been keeping up with the Kirby news. (I did see the new Kirby game trailer. This might just be the game we've been waiting for.)

Well there is one small thing I'd like to say that you guys probably already figured out: There are quite a few Zero Two remixes in main series games that few or none have noticed. Off the top of my head there is Great Cave Escape, Moonlight Capital, and I'm starting to think that even Legendary Air Ride Machine might be a remix.
Welcome back to the never ending Dark Matter thread. Lets have a listen to some songs.

I'm not sure about that theory, if they are remixes then HAL did a pretty good job hiding it. Maybe you could post some time stamps to help me hear it. But hey, it's just a theory, A GAME THEORY, THANKS FOR WATCHING

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Okay, so here it is... Kind of. I was going to do more, but I quickly realized that it's very time consuming, so you'll only have the beginning of Great Cave Escape to compare with. Eventually, I'll give you guys a text file with the time stamps (If by then you haven't noticed the comparisons yourselves).

Time stamps below.​

Time Stamps = (Great Cave | Zero Two) : (0:06 - 0:12 | 1:15 - 1:16) (0:11 - 0:14 | 0:49 - 0:51) (0:15 - 0:19 [Speed <] | 1:55 - 2:00)

EDIT:
Indefinite Minimum said:
Special shout out to GonzaGears, may he rest in peace.
Hey, thanks! Sorry about leaving so suddenly though, I'll make sure to tell you guys if I do take another long rest.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so here it is... Kind of. I was going to do more, but I quickly realized that it's very time consuming, so you'll only have the beginning of Great Cave Escape to compare with. Eventually, I'll give you guys a text file with the time stamps (If by then you haven't noticed the comparisons yourselves).

Time stamps below.​

Time Stamps = (Great Cave | Zero Two) : (0:06 - 0:12 | 1:15 - 1:16) (0:11 - 0:14 | 0:49 - 0:51) (0:15 - 0:19 [Speed <] | 1:55 - 2:00)

EDIT:

Hey, thanks! Sorry about leaving so suddenly though, I'll make sure to tell you guys if I do take another long rest.
So it seems like like a lot of similarities are at the beginning of the loop. You're right, that parts do sound similar but I wouldn't call it a remix. Something else to note,

Starting at 1:20 of Great Cave Escape and at 0:27 of The Final Battle, they both play the same melody. If anything, I think this helps your theory because if they used parts from this song, it's a possibility that they took bits from 02's theme as well.

Last edited:

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Well I was just too lazy to do the rest, but I assure you, the rest of the song is mostly comprised of Zero Two Battle, and if what I say can be proven, then that would make it a remix as by definition it is "a variant of an original recording (as of a song) made by rearranging or adding to the original" --Merriam-Webster (Sorry if I sound condescending, that's not my intention. I just mean to prove my point). Probably the biggest bit of evidence is that the part that isn't Zero Two is actually Dark Star, but of course I'll have the text file done in the coming days.

By the way, it's good to see you again Indefinite Minimum. I'll have to catch up with you and Zero Soul sometime.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
It's good to see you again too, of the three people who are active in this thread, you were always my second favorite (You're tied with Zero Soul, I'm the first). Also I expect a full research paper on the The Great Cave Escape by the end of the week.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Yes sir... And everyone that goes on here is my favorite, but you and Zero Soul are a bit more my favorite.

To change the subject, I have improved my art skills (I think) so I feel slightly more confident about making a Dark Matter render and possibly animation, but I feel like I need a bit more practice before I get started.

I feel like this is going to be a good year®.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I've been practicing drawing quite a bit as well. Looks like pretty soon this thread is gonna get some

ORIGINAL CONTENT

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Ah yes, Dark Matter. I love Kirby games and I'd definitely love to see more Kirby characters in Smash. Dark Matter has quite a few forms and they can be used as alts or a special Final Smash of the sorts. the only issue affecting his chance of getting into Smash is the lack of popularity Dark Matter has compared to other villains in Smash (e.g. Drawcia and Susie). He does have a sword fighter costume in Clash Deluxe too which is cool, I dunno if he is a boss in it though.

I'm definitely a supporter for Dark Matter, I love him. One of the best Kirby villains.:4dedede:

Last edited:

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Ah yes, Dark Matter. I love Kirby games and I'd definitely love to see more Kirby characters in Smash. Dark Matter has quite a few forms and they can be used as alts or a special Final Smash of the sorts. the only issue affecting his chance of getting into Smash is the lack of popularity Dark Matter has compared to other villains in Smash (e.g. Drawcia and Susie). He does have a sword fighter costume in Clash Deluxe too which is cool, I dunno if he is a boss in it though.

I'm definitely a supporter for Dark Matter, I love him. One of the best Kirby villains.:4dedede:
Welcome! It's always nice to see someone who enjoys the Kirby games as much as we do.

Yes, Dark Matter has many forms and alts and abilities, I'm sure its design as a fighter would be easy to make; not much has to be "made up". Like you said, Dark Matter lacks popularity but I have a feeling that it won't be much of an issue soon, but of course, many of us will be happy to have any new Kirby character in Smash.

Also you just brought to my attention how awesome Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is. It has the Dark Matter Blade (the name is twice confirmed now) costume like you said, but it also
has a reappearance of Dark Mind, which could possibly be part of Dark Matter.
I'll have a deeper look into the game in the future.

Indefinite Minimum Indefinite Minimum I'll copy and paste the supports list (updated) below for you to copy and paste into the OP, so that all can view it.(the social thread can only be viewed by those invited.)

@Indefinite Minimum
@Zero Soul
@Darkshadow77
@jigglover
@Dark Emperor Hardin
@smashingDoug
@mynameisv
@legendofrob1
@Sol
@RidleyKraid187
@8-peacock-8
@ItsMeBrandon
@Bestmand902
@StormC
@Iko MattOrr
@FalKoopa
@Freduardo
@GhostlyLure
@SonicSmasher1
@monzer
@TheSqushiestManatee
@The One Who Wrote This
@Donkey Kong Jr
@dangeraaron10
@Reila
@GonzaGears
@Haydossy
@Xenora
@P.Kay
EDIT: Added a spoiler for... the spoiler.

Last edited:

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Also you just brought to my attention how awesome Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is. It has the Dark Matter Blade (the name is twice confirmed now) costume like you said, but it also has a reappearance of Dark Mind, which could possibly be part of Dark Matter. I'll have a deeper look into the game in the future.
I had no idea about Dark Mind being in the game, I'm so close to finishing all of the quests, you get about 4-6 more after the 'final' battle in Decisive Battlefield. I have yet to see Dark Mind, I think he is the final-final boss in the game, I'm super close to getting to it so no spoilers please :4dedede:

Thanks for telling me that by the way, now I have more to look forward to!

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Fine, no one likes that meme anyway.

Only those who are part of the discord would have understood the relevance.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now for some actual original content. As opposed to the previous meme, this is actually something I put more than thirty seconds of effort into.

As you can see, it is a sketch of Dark Matter (our guy) about to fight Meta Knight. Clearly this is high quality content befitting of the Dark Matter Thread.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Not Dark Matter news, but I think everyone here will love this, it's the Kirby 25th Anniversary Orchestra Concert's rendition of one of the best tunes in the franchise: Moonstruck Blossom.

I don't know the other songs they've done, or if we'll ever get to listen to them, but I sure wish I was able to hear the whole thing!

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes what a wonderful song my good friend Zero Soul, I also wish to hear the remainder of that orchestra is it would likely be very entertaining. Luckily this is a very active thread so I am always ready to respond right away. Speaking of things that are active, it's been a while since I plugged the discord. I seem to have forgotten to place a link in the OP, which is hard to believe because of how much effort I put into it to make it perfect.

https://discord.gg/0prnAo2q28ibPDP6

Feel free to join, we play games and ****post.

Last edited:

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
Not Dark Matter news, but I think everyone here will love this, it's the Kirby 25th Anniversary Orchestra Concert's rendition of one of the best tunes in the franchise: Moonstruck Blossom.

I don't know the other songs they've done, or if we'll ever get to listen to them, but I sure wish I was able to hear the whole thing!
The video is unavailable now, you should update it with the new one.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I support because Dark Matter is a HUGE part of the Kirby franchise. In fact, I think that Dark Matter could've appeared in Melee if there was more development time.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm surprised nobody posted the new Kirby Star Allies Trailer here yet, it's pretty great.
Artist! Spider! Friend Throw! FRIEND TRAIN! We got a lot of new stuff here and we even got an introduction to the game's antagonists.
Screenshot_240.png
Screenshot_234.png

The new villainous group's symbol is this nifty heart with an eye sporting wings and a crown/halo inside it and they also have this really cool statue behind their evil possession heart of friendship.

Screenshot_238.png

Look how friendly it looks!

D

Deleted member

I support Dark Matter at least as a boss. Preferably Zero in this case, great villain btw.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
I feel like if Dark Matter or Zero doesn't come back this time around, they're not coming back at all. Despite that, the Kirby series will still be awesome.

Oh and I'm glad we still get new supporters. This thread might not be dead just yet.

D

Deleted member

I feel like if Dark Matter or Zero doesn't come back this time around, they're not coming back at all. Despite that, the Kirby series will still be awesome.

Oh and I'm glad we still get new supporters. This thread might not be dead just yet.
I give it a 50/50 shot that Zero comes back as a boss this game if only because I'd imagine they'll have a Zero 03 if Dark Matter enemies return.
What if 02 and Adeleine became assist trophies?
I think Zero will become a boss if he shows up. Adeleine AT however, would be cool.

GonzaGears

HEMA Noob
NNID
ebr1198
I'd even be fine with just a trophy, for now. Any kind of mention or cameo would generate publicity, which I feel is really needed right now.

Also, don't you guys find it strange how HAL never directly speaks about Dark Matter? In the Miiverse (rip) ask-a-thon for Planet Robobot, the closest thing we got to a mention was something along the lines of "Kirby's old foes from Kirby's Dreamland 2 have returned." You would think they'd at least mention it after how well received Dark Matter's return was (and the amount of Miiverse posts asking about it). It seems HAL heavily alludes to it (not even in just the Kirby series), but it rarely even receives a mention! It's so bizarre.

Doubleslasher

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't think Dark matter has a chance for Smash more than Bandana Dee or Galacta Knight. Bith of those are being heavily promoted in recent games AND the dark matter we would see as a CHARACTER would be it's KDL2 version, which isn't as well known as the other two aforementioned characters.

Also this thread is pretty much dead.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think Dark matter has a chance for Smash more than Bandana Dee or Galacta Knight. Bith of those are being heavily promoted in recent games AND the dark matter we would see as a CHARACTER would be it's KDL2 version, which isn't as well known as the other two aforementioned characters.

Also this thread is pretty much dead.
How dare you insult our thread. The only one who gets to call it dead is me.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
It'd be cool to see him playable, maybe just cuz there's not many other Kirby characters I'm interested in.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Dark Matter has appeared numerous times in the Kirby games. He first appeared in Kirby's Dream Land 2. He was also in Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby's Dream Land 4, or 64 and the Crystal Shards. He even came back in Planet Robobot, which was really awesome. He'd be unique as a character if Nintendo decided to base his movesets off how he plays in the Kirby series. His Final Smash could be 0².

D

Deleted member

I support Dark Matter. I really hope he does appear in Star Allies.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
What an active thread we've got going here.

In other news, Eldritch Horror Watch has spotted a strange creature in the latest issue of Famitsu. Could it be the Zero 3 we've been waiting for? Find out next time on Indefinite Minimum's thread posts.

Top Bottom