• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heel Slide approach under projectiles

Brent Bruthaa

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys,

Apart from starting combos it seems Heel Slide is also good for getting in when your opponent is about to throw out a projectile. I've made a short little video to show projectiles she can slide under to start a combo.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I think most people already figured this out as a strategy, but an actual list of all the projectiles it can go under is more than appreciated! Also should be noted that with a couple of these it seemed to clash with or outright beat them instead of going under, which is interesting it it's own right.

Deaga

Smash Cadet
You can also slide under some attacks, though that's VERY situational. I know I've done side B under Corrin's Fsmash a few times against a friend of mine, but you pretty much have to read it (else it hits you in the startup or they have already recovered from the move if you sideB too early). Still, it's good to know you have that option, even if it isn't useful all that often.

KingCapital

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganIsTopTier
This is great because as far as I know a majority of projectiles either hit or clink with Bayo's heel slide so this is perfect for knowing which ones you can go under.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Wow this will help a ton especially in the Ryu & Link MU. I have a hard time getting in om those characters but this should help. Does it go under Luigi fireballs?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Metagame thread please! Also, can I use your video in the thread? I want to make a section on things you can go under.

Brent Bruthaa

Smash Cadet
Wow this will help a ton especially in the Ryu & Link MU. I have a hard time getting in om those characters but this should help. Does it go under Luigi fireballs?
It doesn't go under Luigi Fireballs. I tested that one and it failed which is why i didn't put it in the video. Maybe I should have just done all projectiles and divided the video into those it can go through and those it cant

Top Bottom