• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"HEAVY MACHINE GUN!" Marco rossi Aka First Company Commander,Metal Slug,Smash DLC Speculation/Smash thread

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
1572616691701.png

Welcome to the marco rossi smash bros ultimate dlc speculation thread
You can talk about marco rossi's movesets,Alt skins,Stage,Or anything about him,To start it off Il explain who he is

Marco rossi is an Italian American,He entered officers school at the academy of special technologies after attending a state at a technical High school
Marco entered the PF (Peregrine Falcons) at graduation (Pf Is a special army strike force)
The then quickly distinguished himself in the squad that is known for its,Severe training
becoming both its first lieutenant and PF's leader

During the first coup led by General Mordern (The antagonist),Marco scraped the shards of the scattered government to resemble the PF Squad
(I wont really tell half of the story since its waaay to long)

Anyways his personality:
He is a prideful easy going leader,Know to get rowdy when he is on the job,Marco is intelligent and can easy find the solution to all problems
(There is a point were he is quick to calculate things than a computer),And he has personal problems with general mordern
1572617275682.png

(This is marco rossi)

A bit of history and why he is supposed to be in smash
To start it off marco rossi is an easily recognizable icon whenever someone mentions SNK people would think about marco first
(Heck there is a point I remember metal slug was trending on twitter when the SNK leak happened)
He would work great as a second rep Iconic rep to SNK fans (Or people who know about SNK) along with terry
And he would even be the first shoot em up rep to be in smash (I am not sure really about megaman)

Movesets:
To start it off marco would function like megaman and the hero (You will know why in a second)
Similar to megaman he would use his gun to fight opponents but his range is farther than megaman and deals slight more knock back and damage
But is a bit more slower than megamans shooting

(Cant find a gif of him shooting a gun but just check out his gameplay)

But when a opponent gets near him he would be stabbing them instead (It doesnt deal alot of damage)
His down air would be dropping a stone below an opponent (Yes you can throw stone at enemies in metal slug)

His F nair would be him using the knife side ways

Oh I forgot marco rossi can shoot from above too

Now for the specials and how would they function:
To to the basics Neutral B:
His neutral B is him throwing a grenade (He would have around 10 grenades so players wont spam them)

Side b:Zeinitsu sword:
He would slash the opponent with the zeinitsu sword dealing alot more damage than the knight

Up b:Jetpack (Look I had no choice ok)
So basically I chose jetpack because first thing first this is what marco uses whenever he flies in the game
Second thing second there was a plane vechile in metal slug but it might be way to op so I left it off

And now for the special mechanics
Down b:Weapon selection
For his down b marco rossi would select weapons just like the hero with magic
They would also be randomized

He would have a counter ontop of his icon bar:Arms:200 and Grenade:10
He can select weapons like
Heavy machine gun,Rocket launcher,Iron lizard,Enemychaser,Laser gun,Shot gun,Drop shot,Super grenade,2 heavy machine gun,
And some few more
1572618274069.png

They would replace the gun with those althought they run out quicly and in order to use the weapon selection again you have to wait atleast
17 minutes
(Hey I am trying my best to nerf him)

Final smash:
His final smash would be all of the metal slug soliders and cast including,Tarma,Fio,Eri,Trevor,Clark,And ralf
Shooting the opponents together then marco appears in a metal slug and blasts the opponent

Stage:
The stage would be
1572618572201.png

I forgot its name but its stage hazards would be metal slug bosses from other games

General morderns ufoOr the jet plane,King jupitor Or the monolith,Big john or the blimp,Hair buster riberts,Bull drink,And crablops

Soundtracks:I wont list all of them but here are a few
Mission 2-2 metal slug 5
Steel beast (Remix)
First stage theme of metal slug 3
Metal slug 4 first stage (Remix)
I dont know about the rest I do need help in this one

Finally last but not least alt skins:
The alt skins would include the soldiers (Fio for example)
1572618994950.png

The rest of the alts would be from other metal slug characters:

Update:Spirits (Finally had ideas for spirits)
Starting off:Hyakutaro Ichimonji
Level:Advanced
It would be 5 brown kens who use neutral special with 1 marco rossi

1572654330985.png

Rebel Soldier:
Level:Novice
You would have attack green marios,And yellow marios (Much more powerful than green marios and some marios would have good defense)

1572654530960.png

Spirit:Martians
Level:Ace
You would have to fight an army of brown megamen (lol) would have powerful normal attacks and some might spam down air
Then it would end with beige king dede representing the final boss of metal slug 3
1572654749284.png

Spirit:General mordern
Level:Legendary
Green solid snake who spams the bazooka alot while an army of green mario as minions
(Thats all I dont really have much more but you can help me out)

Classic mode:Rescuing the world
First battle:It would be fighting green mario's in pac world along with brown ryu supporting you

Second battle:It would be fighting dark samus in the miitopia stage representing Donald Morden's army

Third battle:Fighting brown megamen in battle ship stage representing the martians

Fourth battle:Fighting ridley and Piranha plant representing the fourth stage in metal slug 3

Fifth battle:You would be fighting marco rossi alt or marco rossi (If you are playing as the alt) representing the control fight in metal slug 3 and 6

Sixth battle:You will be fighting black incineroars,And red incineroars (With better defense) representing the metal slug 6 aliens

And finally for the boss:
You will fight a bald mii gunner representing Allen 'O neil
Then you will fight general mordern as the final phase

Bonus:The victory picture when you beat classic mode will be marco,fio,Tarma,And eri Eating together

Thats it so far wow I put alot of effort into this sorry if it seemed too long

But thats it thank you have nice day :D​

Attachments

Last edited:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Just a note:Turns out the gif of the metal slug shooting a bullet one is gone but I Cant find one so yeah.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I'm in. Metal Slug has been one of my childhood. I am not sure about its world wide popularity. I wonder whether Sakurai knows this series.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Count me in. I think w could go for a second SNK character for Smash, especially with Terry Bogard joining.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I have to say you committed serious crime for not including an actual iconic Metal Slug tank... /s

On serious note, tank should be involved one way or another. It's iconic. It's why the whole series is called Metal Slug to begin with!

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I have to say you committed serious crime for not including an actual iconic Metal Slug tank... /s

On serious note, tank should be involved one way or another. It's iconic. It's why the whole series is called Metal Slug to begin with!
Its a final smash for marco I didnt really find the gif

Again the whole PF team (Including ikari warriors) would shoot the opponents down then marco with the metal slug would blast the opponent

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Heck yeah! I've been getting into Metal Slug and it's a sick series. I would like to see it get a playable character and more content.

Top Bottom