• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heartfelt Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom - Peach discussion thread

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Seriously? After all these changes that's still in there?
Thats so sad. It was one of the big changes i was hoping for tbh. Although I dont think this hurts her too much, considering she's got the best/most consistent horizontal recovery in the game.

All other people who surpass peach in Horizontal recovery always have a caviat to them. Villager can pop balloons. Olimar needs 0 pikmin/Cant attack, Lucario needs to be at high %/max aura, and Rob needs to refill his fuel tank.

Peach can always, consistently, achieve her max horizontal recovery. Plus she can attack while doing so.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
All this combo stuff is going to give me a hand cramp... but I love what did with Peach's win animations!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
peach had 0 to death combos in smash4 at release and they patched it all out. Don't get excited for this stuff guys.

I hope I'm wrong. Just praying there are so many characters that they don't patch anything that isn't dominating the meta on online play which peach most definitely won't be as she isn't a popular character to use even when she's good because her playstyle.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
another one
does this guy know the difference between daisy and peach yet?
https://twitter.com/jugeeya/status/1067138355681357824
This made me super excited until I realized they are most likely gonna nerf this somehow.
It's amazing, but it's gonna get patched. And really anything too good should be.
Hopefully some of this stuff is still possible afterwards, cuz float combos are so cool :)

We'll just have to see.

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
IDK if this was posted before or not, but:

Confirmed: Peach can still pull out Mr. Saturns. (Save video linked two posts above, last match of the video).

shammah121

Smash Cadet
I wish Peach could pull out the beam sword again....maybe that'll be a Daisy thing?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It feels so good to finally watch some peach videos where i don't have to constantly put up with watching FFA or final smashes. can finally focus on her game
That's true. I was more focused on daisy, but I do actually think I'll be alternating between her and peach. They're both pretty awesome :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
More Peach:

https://youtu.be/39O1SIpeejQ

Something I noticed from the Peach v Wolf footage: when used on stage, does Peach Bomber not go over the ledge?

Edit: timestamp on the Peach v Wolf - 1:57
Looking at the distance, I think it just happened to land on the edge there.
But if does stop, just pressing jump before doing it should work (tho slower startup when not used on the ground). but anyway yeah I think that was just happenstance for where it stopped.

I didn't realize that new video was longer. so if someone wants to see more peach, that's cool. Same player tho.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
Looking at the distance, I think it just happened to land on the edge there.
But if does stop, just pressing jump before doing it should work (tho slower startup when not used on the ground). but anyway yeah I think that was just happenstance for where it stopped.

I didn't realize that new video was longer. so if someone wants to see more peach, that's cool. Same player tho.
Hm that was my other thought. Wasn’t sure how far it went. Thank you. :-)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
It irks me that characters can no longer walk through each other...but can peach/daisy FLOAT through characters to keep this mix up available?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It irks me that characters can no longer walk through each other...but can peach/daisy FLOAT through characters to keep this mix up available?
Different characters good for different things, I guess :)
I dont see that crossup very often, so might not be that big of a deal. Maybe for sonic.

iirc they don’t have a hit box. Would like confirmation on that. I also wonder if you can regrab after the bounce.
Not sure about the hitbox, but im pretty sure it can be regrabbed.
It'd have no use if it didnt at least have one of those.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll take that as a yes...? lol
Oh. Well I'm assuming that it works at ground height too, since it works a little higher. I'd be surprised if it didn't, but I'm not 100% on it.
It's a nice tidbit to look for.

Last edited:

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
It'd have no use if it didnt at least have one of those.
It would make zero sense if you couldn’t at least, I dunno, d-throw to regrab? It already makes zero sense for it to have no hitbox. Why am I so intransigent in believing this is true......?

Wait a minute...

6:46 if for some reason timestamp fails.

ಠ╭╮ಠ

Turnip bounces right through Zelda.
(ಥ__ಥ)

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
The bouncing turnip does not have a hitbox and cannot be regrabbed. It's purely cosmetical.

Turnips are incredibly powerful as they are though so its alright.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The bouncing turnip does not have a hitbox and cannot be regrabbed. It's purely cosmetical.

Turnips are incredibly powerful as they are though so its alright.
Are you sure? I thought I saw someone talk about regrabbing the bounce on twitter. Might be wrong.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure? I thought I saw someone talk about regrabbing the bounce on twitter. Might be wrong.
From the Landing Lag/Generalized Frame Data thread in General Discussion.
:ultpeach::ultdaisy: Peach/Daisy
Nair: 7 frames
Fair: 13 frames
Bair: 11 frames
Uair: 7 frames
Dair: 8 frames
Fullhop height: 2.5 stage units
Shorthop height: 1.2 stage units
Interesting Notes: You cannot float-cancel aerials for less landing lag (wasn't present in Smash 4 anyway). Peach is invincible during frames 8-10 of Toad counter. Toad is a 61 frame move if it misses. Turnip pluck takes 37 frames. Turnips now bounce once off the ground, this is purely visual, as they become duds after they hit the ground. Peach has invincibility on her head and arm/hand during active upsmash. SideB now goes a lot farther (its actually good for recovery), but doesn't explode on walls. If you sideB from a fullhop, it will cancel by the time you hit the ground. Fsmash now lets you select racket, club, or pan based on the angle you swing it at - you can see the selection visually change as you angle the move while you charge it, and you can change it whenever you want while charging. Hovering still completely halts upward momentum, so Peach can zip up and down like she can in Smash 4. Fastfall Dair1 combos into jab if you're frame perfect.

About Daisy: At first glance I couldn't tell you what the difference is about Daisy?
I’m okay with that. The more I think about it, the more I think it’d be weird if you could regrab. With the aforementioned buffs to turnips (toss speed and knockback; evidence: https://twitter.com/LingLing_21S/status/1069803048669716480?s=20) you’d essentially be handing out good projectiles to your opponent.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
From the Landing Lag/Generalized Frame Data thread in General Discussion.

I’m okay with that. The more I think about it, the more I think it’d be weird if you could regrab. With the aforementioned buffs to turnips (toss speed and knockback; evidence: https://twitter.com/LingLing_21S/status/1069803048669716480?s=20) you’d essentially be handing out good projectiles to your opponent.
Aight. Well, they're good enough as they are, i guess :)
Looking forward to seeing how it feels to pluck faster. gonna use more turnips for sure.

DiamondDust132

Smash Cadet
NNID
DiamondDust132
So what do you do against Marth? Just got washed by him in a tourney. His tipper range is where I want to be to space aerials. Peach/Daisy's weight feels like a determent in that matchup.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
So what do you do against Marth? Just got washed by him in a tourney. His tipper range is where I want to be to space aerials. Peach/Daisy's weight feels like a determent in that matchup.
Turnips I think. It's definitely a matchup that does not favour Peach at all so being patient is a necessity. Dashing backwards then throwing turnips would probably be your main way of starting anything, and don't let him forget you have a counter too.

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
Alright, folks. I have unlocked both princesses. Some things I’ve noted:
There’s a sour spot on fair that does 0.6% less damage and kills 15~20% later.
D-Smash kills earlier and does more damage.
The new d-tilt does very little knockback if your opponent is in the air. It’s kind of like Zelda’s d-tilt except weaker.

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
Peach has always been a character I've pocketed because her playstyle is so fun, but she feels sooooooo crisp and amazing in this game that I'm seriously considering maining her. Super impressed.

You have to play the matchup differently than you'd normally play. You just can't beat Marth in the air. Turnip pressure will force him to approach you, and from there you want to try to control the pace of the match to capitalize on his mistakes. If you get him above you, his landing options are pretty limited against peach. His recovery is also somewhat exploitable, so don't be afraid to contest him if you get him offstage. He has to worry a lot more about making it back than you do.

Top Bottom