• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heartfelt Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom - Peach discussion thread

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Random thought;

If Peach's new final smash is based on Peachette I will seriously not buy the game lmao
With the inclusion of Toad more........... I see it as a possibility? lmao.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
I really hope her final smash doesn't involve toad tbh. I'm upset he took over half of her throws including the iconic slap.

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
I wonder what advantages Peach is going have over Daisy, sense much speculation believe Daisy's forward B has less starting lag. And it's believed that she plucks turnips faster. I don't think Peach having a better float is enough to match these traits.
They will certainly balance both Peach and Daisy so that one isn’t outright better than the other. Peach could have better traits in the more technical aspects maybe? Peach could have better turnip odds and better items than Daisy? Peach’s Toad counter could deal a fixed amount of damage (25%) and stall in the air?

To be honest I am a bit clueless myself. We just have to wait until release.

xoazi

Smash Rookie
NNID
kyziii
Switch FC
SW-3315-9796-7008
In regards to the Peach/Daisy difference discussions, I would love for Peach to be a more, how do I say, technical character. Making Daisy and easier version of Peach but with lower reward sounds good to me. Not anything ridiculous but small things like maybe Daisy's moves having slightly bigger hitboxes and damage but Peach's having better angles for combos idk. Could even be something along the lines of how Marth and Lucina work. Not add a tipper but because of how those two characters' swords properties work, you play them differently even though they have the same exact move set.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Peach will get any new alts? We have three confirmed returning ones.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I really hope they change the blue alt.
Its this weird Blue-indigo periwinkle mix that I really dislike.

I'd just change the colour a liiiittle bit to match her earrings and chest jewel. I like that blue colour.
On the blue alt, I'd change her jewels to pink. I think it would be a cute cotton candy dream. <3

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
In regards to the Peach/Daisy difference discussions, I would love for Peach to be a more, how do I say, technical character. Making Daisy and easier version of Peach but with lower reward sounds good to me. Not anything ridiculous but small things like maybe Daisy's moves having slightly bigger hitboxes and damage but Peach's having better angles for combos idk. Could even be something along the lines of how Marth and Lucina work. Not add a tipper but because of how those two characters' swords properties work, you play them differently even though they have the same exact move set.
I think a cool difference would be keep peach as she is, but make daisy have one hitbox per move.

Peach's moves, like Dair, Uair, Toad, Dash attack, Down Smash, umbrella, all have multiple hits with lingering hitboxes.
Making peach have safer, multihits, while making daisy more risky.

xoazi

Smash Rookie
NNID
kyziii
Switch FC
SW-3315-9796-7008
I think a cool difference would be keep peach as she is, but make daisy have one hitbox per move.

Peach's moves, like Dair, Uair, Toad, Dash attack, Down Smash, umbrella, all have multiple hits with lingering hitboxes.
Making peach have safer, multihits, while making daisy more risky.
Or maybe have most of Daisy's moves have a sweet/sour spots. I can dig this

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Hi guys. I noticed a Peach buff!! In the 8/8 Direct, at around 12:00, you can see Peach using her Toad guard. Her Toad actually turns around if she gets attacked from the other side!

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Hi guys. I noticed a Peach buff!! In the 8/8 Direct, at around 12:00, you can see Peach using her Toad guard. Her Toad actually turns around if she gets attacked from the other side!
I just double checked this and WHOA, you're right! Good find!!

Additionally: When toad switches sides, the spores cover Peach's body, which I think is a small buff, as those who hit Peach with a multi-hit attack ( or hit Peach from above) may now get caught in the spores as they might 'fall' into them.

Example A) . Toad in mid-animation to switch sides to counter from Peach's backside. He is moving from Fox to Pac-Man. Toad begins spraying spores, but continues spraying as he moves over to the other side. These spores over Peach's body, now protecting her from people who try a close attack from the opposite side of toad.

Example B) Ending frames of the above image. ( Not much to show but damn these spores go really far now??? Or is that just me???)

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Thats in tr4sh as well.

Edit. Notification took me to zachs post first. Meru already beat me too it and now I know why nobody here is talking about real Buffs for Peach and Daisy

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Its there. I play peach all the damn time in Smash 4 and I hate it. Cant wait for a new peach.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
The lack of Peach/Daisy footage is killing me.

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I might be the only one who cared, but the fact that Peach's float worked just a teeny bit differently in 4 kept me from maining her. I still played P:M and a bit of Melee at the time, and I wasn't about to unlearn 10+ years of peach fundamentals for one game.

I just want to fast fall out of my floated aerials again and not have to do some dumb release float->aerial->then fast fall shenanigans T_T. Confuses my dinosaur hands, it does.

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I do hope they fix some of Peach's more stiff or less smooth animations. It always bothered me that she hikes up her skirt to utilt in 4, but her dress stays perfectly static to name one. I think, going off of Zelda's dress physics, that should be addressed.

Also, am I the only one who is a bit turned off by her new "Uh-huh!" taunt? The lack of a spin before the point looked really strange.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
They most likely remove the spin in Peach's taunt to differentiate her from Daisy, since she(Daisy) spin in one of her taunts. Though I think both of them having a spin shouldn't of been a problem.

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
I do hope they fix some of Peach's more stiff or less smooth animations. It always bothered me that she hikes up her skirt to utilt in 4, but her dress stays perfectly static to name one. I think, going off of Zelda's dress physics, that should be addressed.

Also, am I the only one who is a bit turned off by her new "Uh-huh!" taunt? The lack of a spin before the point looked really strange.
If you see the limited footage she has on some of the directs/trailer. You'll see she now has a different running animation. Unless I am wrong, she doesn't touched her dress when she's running.

Maybe someone can look it up and correct me. But you're correct, I also want her to be faster. She was sluggish on Smash 4. It made me dropped her.

I loved her how she was on Brawl. To me is not about her being broken, but her feeling well to play.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
her FS being the same is total garbage.
Im like......genuinely mad.
I don't really mind the FS too much itself, I'm more upset by the fact that they clearly didn't care enough about Peach OR Daisy to give them something else.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I might be the only one who cared, but the fact that Peach's float worked just a teeny bit differently in 4 kept me from maining her. I still played P:M and a bit of Melee at the time, and I wasn't about to unlearn 10+ years of peach fundamentals for one game.

I just want to fast fall out of my floated aerials again and not have to do some dumb release float->aerial->then fast fall shenanigans T_T. Confuses my dinosaur hands, it does.
You aren't the only one. that messes up my flow with the character. I hope that's fixed.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You aren't the only one. that messes up my flow with the character. I hope that's fixed.
Ive played both Brawl and Smash4 but I dont really get it... Fastfalled aerials seemed to be much easier for me in Smash4 lol.

That said, this might be because of the buffer system. In Brawl it was possible to buffer two actions at the same time (such as double jump and airdodge). In Smash4 they removed this function and only one action could be buffered at a time. In Ultimate, the buffer system is the same as Brawl again. This could be what bothered you guys in Smash4?

Last edited:

Shininimus

Smash Rookie
I wonder what advantages Peach is going have over Daisy, sense much speculation believe Daisy's forward B has less starting lag. And it's believed that she plucks turnips faster. I don't think Peach having a better float is enough to match these traits.
peach's side B is pretty fast too but i'm not sure about down B maybe you can cancel the animation or something. i don't know what they could do to even it out.

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'm so hype about being able to angle Fsmash. Still need to know about the float mechanics though D:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ive played both Brawl and Smash4 but I dont really get it... Fastfalled aerials seemed to be much easier for me in Smash4 lol.

That said, this might be because of the buffer system. In Brawl it was possible to buffer two actions at the same time (such as double jump and airdodge). In Smash4 they removed this function and only one action could be buffered at a time. In Ultimate, the buffer system is the same as Brawl again. This could be what bothered you guys in Smash4?
That might be it. I had no idea that system was diff in smash4. Almost anything that makes this peach more like brawl and less like smash4 is going to make me happy so hope she clicks with me again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom