• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heartfelt Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom - Peach discussion thread

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
I think her Final Smash this time is still the same. Look at the peach lying on the ground in this footage at 0:11

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone else's heart just sink when they saw her turnip pull in the trailer? It almost looks even a smidge slower than in smash 4, as if that's even possible. If I could have only wished for one change, it would have been that =[

Luminario

Smash Lord
Did anyone else's heart just sink when they saw her turnip pull in the trailer? It almost looks even a smidge slower than in smash 4, as if that's even possible. If I could have only wished for one change, it would have been that =[
Hopefully that's changed in the final game. It might also not be that bad, it could have also just been purely visual with the actual endlag being reduced.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully that's changed in the final game. It might also not be that bad, it could have also just been purely visual with the actual endlag being reduced.
I hope so too, but I honestly don't think it will. The move has been consistently nerfed in some way with each progressive game so far.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I hope so too, but I honestly don't think it will. The move has been consistently nerfed in some way with each progressive game so far.
My hope is that characters like her are still a serious work in progress since they aren't even playable yet. As I was really discouraged by that too..

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Yes that's ridiculous just as it is in smash Wii u it needs to be melee or brawl lag or even less for both peach and daisy

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
On SmashWiki, it says turnips now bounce off of the ground after hitting an opponent. Does anybody know the source where this information was gathered?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Im not sure but during when they were showing off hyrule castle 64 stage daisy plucks a turnip and almost acts out of it immediately with a side b. August 8th direct

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
I think her Final Smash this time is still the same. Look at the peach lying on the ground in this footage at 0:11

I think that's just a regular peach you can eat! It spawns as food in Wii U, and Peach's...peaches were giant. Lol.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Im not sure but during when they were showing off hyrule castle 64 stage daisy plucks a turnip and almost acts out of it immediately with a side b. August 8th direct
FOUND IT: She does seem to side B pretty fast. The turnip is still in the "air" and not even fully in her hands when she initiates the side B. I'm super impressed you saw this, very good find.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
FOUND IT: She does seem to side B pretty fast. The turnip is still in the "air" and not even fully in her hands when she initiates the side B. I'm super impressed you saw this, very good find.

Ive been playing peach since melee and have kept up with all her meta and still do so its easy for me to notice changes done to her

SlayQueen

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Can’t wait to main our girl again. Check out this comic art I created of her:

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Her power!??? ^^

This is beautiful <3 but when she says " oh did I win?" she is super sassy careless and sweet. This peach wants to kick some serious peach shaped butt ^^

ismaaa

Smash Rookie
We could argue that peach as always a nightmare to fight against.. just look at samsora when he is playing lol

D

Deleted member

Do we have confirmation that Peach can still float? I haven't seen any footage of her yet where she does...

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Counted Peach/Daisy stuff frame by frame, this is what I got

Dtilt frame 9-12 (?) Total Animation Frame 24 (Peach)

SideB grounded startup slightly buffed, about 11 or 12 frames now (from 14).
Aerial sideB startup SIGNIFICANTLY buffed, seems the same as grounded, frame 11/12 (from 23) (Daisy)

Both characters will likely have the same frame data though, at least for these moves.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Counted Peach/Daisy stuff frame by frame, this is what I got

Dtilt frame 9-12 (?) Total Animation Frame 24 (Peach)

SideB grounded startup slightly buffed, about 11 or 12 frames now (from 14).
Aerial sideB startup SIGNIFICANTLY buffed, seems the same as grounded, frame 11/12 (from 23) (Daisy)

Both characters will likely have the same frame data though, at least for these moves.
You are awesome. Something i noticed but im not sure of is i think dair got a nerf . During the august 8th direct when they are showing off stage transformation from smashville to luigi mansion peach is floating at a height and does dair into the ground in which it would auto cancel like in brawl or smash 4 but instead she has landing lag again she might have done it too high and that might be jump squat lag not entirely sure

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Unlikely, but I wish they would restore her N-air to being a frame 3 move with less endlag. I always felt her aerials in smash 4 had way too much endlag for the kind of character she is supposed to be. She should better be able to weave in and out and string aerials.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pretty annoyed her F-Smash has been changed to be random again for some reason, especially when every other character in SSBU had many of their inconveniences in their moves adjusted. Hope this is just pre-release build thing for now or we riot.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Pretty annoyed her F-Smash has been changed to be random again for some reason, especially when every other character in SSBU had many of their inconveniences in their moves adjusted. Hope this is just pre-release build thing for now or we riot.
Have we actually seen either Peach or Daisy use Fsmash twice in a row besides for the smash attack snippet? It feels like it was just for that particular scene. I just can't see them reverting something like that, especially after finally giving us a set order.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
In Brawl (and I think Melee as well) it was impossible to get the same weapon twice in a row. Golf club to golf club is impossible; you will either get racket or pan after. Thia was the only absolutely consistent element of her forward smash.

This is why I believe its unlikely they changed back to random order. Its more likely you can either choose your next weapon, or they removed racket/pan. The latter option would probably disappoint some Paisy users, but from a competitive standpoint it would work better than what she has now.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Its more likely you can either choose your next weapon, or they removed racket/pan.
Peach is seen using a racket in her character trailer! (which IMO, thank goodness because I prefer the Racket AND Pan over the golf club.)
Hopefully this means we can choose our weapon.

I mean, if fighters like Ryu can have multiple attacks per imput, why not Peach? :3

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
The Smash Blog finally came through for our queen.
Smash Bros Blog said:
Today's Fighter
#13: Peach

THE super princess. Watch out for her powerful kicks while she's airborne. Using her down special, she picks vegetables and throws them at her opponents. Sometimes she even gets items...like a Bob-omb!

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
You are awesome. Something i noticed but im not sure of is i think dair got a nerf . During the august 8th direct when they are showing off stage transformation from smashville to luigi mansion peach is floating at a height and does dair into the ground in which it would auto cancel like in brawl or smash 4 but instead she has landing lag again she might have done it too high and that might be jump squat lag not entirely sure
I watched that clip like 10 times just now. Its a good observation, its hard to tell since she got hit shortly after....
She did 3 full kicks (our of 4). Dair Autocancels after just STARTING a 3rd kick.

Either Dair was kept the same...
or maybe Dair was changed to just have 3 kicks instead of 4? In the video, it looks like she had enough space to do a 4th kick, but it didnt really happen. :/

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach is seen using a racket in her character trailer! (which IMO, thank goodness because I prefer the Racket AND Pan over the golf club.)
Hopefully this means we can choose our weapon.

I mean, if fighters like Ryu can have multiple attacks per imput, why not Peach? :3
Oooo you're right. She's likely able to choose her next weapon then

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Ah, something cool I noticed!

The Facebook page always posts an extended description:
Peach gracefully glides her way back into battle for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Don’t underestimate this princess! She can temporarily float after jumping by using her dress, and hits with powerful aerial kicks while in mid-air. With her down special, Peach will pull out turnips that she can throw at foes, and if she's lucky she might even pull out an explosive Bob-omb!
And the JP SSB twitter always posts a pic of their game!! I wonder if this means they used SPP as material for her final smash?
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1034971212240351234
Translation:
This is the 2005 Nintendo DS game, Super Princess Peach. It was Peach's first time as the main protagonist. The story shakes things up by having Peach rescue Mario and Luigi from Bowser. Peach fights with the vibe powers: joy, gloom, rage, and calm.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Bummer, no real info in the blog post.

This wait to find out about changes to Peach is killing me.

God, I hope there is new Super Princess peach game coming out. What better way to market for it then to make Peach really good in Smash Ult ;)

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Dont get me wrong, i LOVED Super princess peach.

Not the most challenging, but nice, long, levels.

However, I do have a problem with the only time a mario female gets her own game, and her super powers are....being emotional. ://///

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Dont get me wrong, i LOVED Super princess peach.

Not the most challenging, but nice, long, levels.

However, I do have a problem with the only time a mario female gets her own game, and her super powers are....being emotional. ://///
Yeah, that is pretty lame now that I think about it. Still, at least it's not as bad a luigi, who Nintendo treats as a complete imbecile. every 10 seconds in any mario game with luigi in it you are reminded why luigi is stupid or a crybaby. Peach seems super competent and holds her own compared to him.

Last edited:

Turnips and Daisies.

Banned via Warnings
My hope is that characters like her are still a serious work in progress since they aren't even playable yet. As I was really discouraged by that too..
Peach is DEFINITELY a work in progress, and I think she wasn’t in the E3 demo for that reason. Her parasol doesn’t even open properly in the Direct!

Nintendo and Sakurai have always made Peach a great fighter in Smash and I doubt this will be the exception, especially as now her Echo Fighter Daisy is thrown into the mix.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Peach is DEFINITELY a work in progress, and I think she wasn’t in the E3 demo for that reason. Her parasol doesn’t even open properly in the Direct!

Nintendo and Sakurai have always made Peach a great fighter in Smash and I doubt this will be the exception, especially as now her Echo Fighter Daisy is thrown into the mix.
Based on the changes we know so far, it looks like her only real nerf is the forward smash thing which we still don't even know if it's randomized or not.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Based on the changes we know so far, it looks like her only real nerf is the forward smash thing which we still don't even know if it's randomized or not.
With F-Smash, there are a few scenarios that could happen, leading to a nerf or buff:

- F-Smash is randomized. Nerf.
- F-Smash lets you choose your weapon based on tilting the stick. Buff.
- F-Smash has removed the frying pan all together, but is random now. (Im not sure if there is footage of the fry pan?) Could be a viewed as a buff or nerf, as fry pan has the shortest range.
- Peach is still a work in progress and all of the above are false and its the same as smash 4.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I wonder what advantages Peach is going have over Daisy, sense much speculation believe Daisy's forward B has less starting lag. And it's believed that she plucks turnips faster. I don't think Peach having a better float is enough to match these traits.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wonder what advantages Peach is going have over Daisy, sense much speculation believe Daisy's forward B has less starting lag. And it's believed that she plucks turnips faster. I don't think Peach having a better float is enough to match these traits.
Ome thing we know is range. We know this for a fact with foraard air

Top Bottom