• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freddy Fazbear Support Thread (Help Wanted)

Voe

Smash Journeyman
The new setting certainly has me interested but I wish we had some gameplay shown off. I also liked the music in the trailer, it gave me some DOOM 2016 vibes.

Last edited:

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
The horrifying bear animatronic and icon of one of the most infamous indie horror games to ever be released: Freddy Fazbear! I doubt there is anyone here who hasn't at least HEARd of Five Nights at Freddy's. And while I do solely believe he will NOT be playable, that won't stop me from imaging how he would function in this world of smash!

Stats:
Freddy would be a heavyweight fighter, bordering on super heavyweight, with fairly sluggish movement speed. He would have 2 jumps and would be able to crawl

Standard Attacks:

Jab: Freddy would have a 3 hit jab that starts with a whack forward with each hand one at a time before ending with a bite. This can also lead into a rapid jab of multiple bites

Dash Attack: Freddy lunges forward with his arms out and his mouth open. References some of the jumpscare animations characters in the games will do

Side Tilt: Freddy would hold onto his microphone's wire and swing it forward for a disjointed attack

Up Tilt: Freddy would headbutt from back to front

Down Tilt: Low to the ground bite attack

Neutral Air: Spins his torso only with his arms out for a makeshift lariat

Forward Air: Forward bite

Back Air: Kicks backwards

Up Air: Spins his head in multiple circles, dealing multiple hits before launching foes

Down Air: His legs glitch out as he stomps downward with both feet. Can spike at the sweet spot

Forward Smash: His head grows in size before he chomps forward. The growing head is a reference to Fnaf 2's Golden Freddy jumpscare

Up Smash: Turns his head to face straight up and lets out a powerful scream

Down Smash: Freddy short-circuits, shocking any foe to close-by and launching them away

Grab and Throws

Freddy grabs with both hands and pummels by biting the foe

Forward Throw: Freddy would pick them up in his mouth, shake them around and spit them out forward

Back Throw: Spins his torso only and tosses the foe backwards

Up Throw: Throws the foe violently into the air

Down Throw: Short circuits again, only this time it causes him to shut down and body slam the foe

Specials

Neutral Special: Bite. Freddy would swing one of his arms forward. If a foe is caught he will pick them up and bite down on them hard, causing them to collapse onto the ground

Up Special: Animstealth Module. Freddy turns invisible and dashes into any of the 4 cardinal directions. The dash does no damage itself but if he reappears right on top of a foe, he will scream at them and launch them forward. He is also invincible so long as he is invisible. This is a reference to the FNaF AR game 'Special Delivery'

Down Special: Jumpscare. This is a counter. Freddy strikes a pose with his head glitching. If he is hit, he will duck the attack and then scream into the opponent's face, stunning them.

Side Special: Mic Toss. Freddy will throw his microphone forward. It will fly a fair distance before returning to him. Its his weakest move but makes for a good mix up tool like K. Rool's crown

Final Smash
Lights Out

Freddy lets out a scream. Any foe caught by this will be transported to the security office where the lights turn out. Freddy is seen in the doorway playing his song and soon screams at the foe, launching them away at the end of the cinematic. The final smash can really only effect one person, but anyone hit will still be launched like Steve's house of boom

Cosmetics

Freddy's default appearance has him in his usual brown
Fredbear
Phantom Freddy
Shadow Freddy
Nightmare
Funtime Freddy
Lefty
Blacklight Freddy

His stage intro has the suit laying on the ground before being bathed in a glowing light as Freddy stands up

His idle animations could be the same ones as his Fnaf AR animations

His first taunt has him perform his dance from the first trailer

His second has him turn to the screen with his head tilted and his eyes pitch black, letting out a laugh

and his third has him honk his nose

His first victory screen would at first show nothing, before Freddy pops out of nowhere with a jumpscare as the announcer says 'WINS!'

His second shows him dancing before taking off his hat and bowing

His final has his suit slumped over before a ghostly spirit flies out of it. The spirit then waves goodbye to the camera and flies off

His victory theme is the 'Shift Complete' theme from Sister Location

Last edited:

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
I feel like the Fnaf rep trailer could involve DD from UCN, like imagine wario, link and snake are all fighting and they hear a strange squeaking noise behind them.
They turn around to see DD standing there, she then, of course, says her thing and then the new challenger warning pops up on screen, Freddie/springtrap/someone else then slowly walks up to snake while he looks in the other direction.
Snake then slowly turns around to see Freddy/springtrap/someone else and Boom, splash screen

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
In the wake of Steve getting added, I found this funny tweet about what this could mean for FNaF.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Although I have seen a few people talking about FNaF in Smash as a result of Steve. Can't tell how many are legit, though...

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
Freddy's Classic Mode Route: Birthday Party (Theme: Kids)
Stage: Show Stage

Fight 1: Ness and Lucas
Fight 2: Young Link and Toon Link
Fight 3: Pichu
Fight 4: Bowser Jr
Fight 5: Mega Man
Fight 6: Kirby
Bonus Stage
Boss: Marx

Theenderdefender

Smash Cadet
Fnaf Spirits!

-Bonnie the Bunny (Novice Primary Defense Spirit)
Represented by Mega Man wearing bunny ears on Show Stage
Song: "Ambiance Medley"
The enemy has increased air attack
Increased air defense when equipped

-Chica the Chicken (Novice Support Spirit)
Represented by Orange alt Falco on Show Stage
Song: "Main Menu Medley"
The enemy heals over time
Item Gravitation

-Foxy the Pirate (Novice Primary Attack Spirit)
Represented by Orange alt Fox on the Pirate Ship segment of Paper Mario
Song: "Foxy Fighters"
The enemy has increased speed and favors their side special
Critical Hit Chance increased

-BB and JJ (Novice Support Spirit)
Represented by male and female villager on Balloon Fight
Song: "Adventure Battle Theme"
The enemies favor their up specials in this timed battle
Increased Stamina

-The Mangle (Advanced Primary Grab Spirit)
Represented by Metal Piranha Plant or Metal Corrin if you do not have the Piranha Plant DLC
Song: "Mangle's Quest"
The enemy favors down special if its Piranha Plant. If its Corrin, they favor side special instead
Additional Midair Jump

-Crying Child (Advanced Support Spirit)
Represented by 6 Grey alt Lucas' on Show Stage
Song: "The Runaway"
You must defeat all fighters to win and they heal at critical damage
Autoheal

-Lefty (Advanced Support Spirit)
Represented by Freddy in the Lefty color scheme on the battlefield form of Show Stage
Song: "240 Bits per Mile"
The enemy becomes extremely aggressive at high damage. The floor is also made of lava
Perfect Shield Reflect

-Funtime Freddy (Advanced Primary Neutral Spirit)
Represented by Freddy in the Funtime Freddy color scheme. he is being supported by a small, blue kirby with bunny ears on Omega Show Stage
Song: "Venta Black"
You must defeat both enemies to win in this stamina battle

-Circus Baby (Advanced Primary Attack Spirit)
Represented by a giant Isabelle in her red suit on Luigi's Mansion
Song: "Turtle Crusher"
The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or make flinch. She also favors the use of her side special.
Enhanceable at level 99 to Scrap Baby

-Scrap Baby (Ace Primary Attack Spirit)
Critical Health Stats up up

-Golden Freddy (Ace Primary Defense Spirit)
Represented by a a Gold Freddy on Show Stage
Song: "Melting Titanium"
The enemy prefers not to move and will use his down special, Jumpscare in this stamina battle
Slow Super Armor

-The Puppet (Ace Support Spirit)
Represented by Bayonetta, being supported by Freddy, Mega Man with a bunny hood, Orange falco and Orange fox on Show Stage
Song: "Bonnie's Lullaby"
You must defeat all fighters to win. Once you defeat the 4 representing the animatronics, Bayonetta appears with increased power
Critical Health Healing

Nightmare (Ace Primary Neutral Spirit)
Represented by Giant Ridley on Gamer
Song: "Good Ending - Fnaf 4"
The enemy is giant and has super armor in this stamina battle. You will be joined by Lucas on your side. If Lucas is K.O'd, then you lose
Giant

-Springtrap (Legendary Support Spirit)
Represented by Purple alt Marth on Luigi's Mansion
Song: "Stone Cold"
Stamina battle. Once you defeat Marth, a second Marth will appear. This one is golden and is wearing bunny ears. It is also much stronger with more Stamina
Critical Gold (You become golden at a dangerous %)

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I don’t think Scotts recent statement means much, dudes a massive troll so I ain’t listening to his word for a second.

While a Freddys character isn’t my main choice for a CP, they could still be quite the interesting addition. Sign me up.
Not ranting, nor complaining, but Freddy isn't a primary rep. Like all franchises, both 1st and 3rd party, there can only be 1 primary rep for each franchise. Five Night's the Freddy's primary rep is the security guards.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Not ranting, nor complaining, but Freddy isn't a primary rep. Like all franchises, both 1st and 3rd party, there can only be 1 primary rep for each franchise. Five Night's the Freddy's primary rep is the security guards.
That's like arguing that Red should've gotten in before Pikachu. Or that it should've been a Frisk mii costume instead of Sans, ditto for Vault Boy as the Fallout mii. Chrom's the main character of FE Awakening but he still had to wait his turn.

Like who even cares that much about the nightguards? It's the robots that everyone knows & would recognize. If Mike Schmidt got revealed in a direct, the reactions of everyone online will be A. "Who the hell is that?", followed immediately by B. "Wait, he's from FN@F? Well why didn't they just use Freddy?"

No, Freddy is totally the 1st stringer here. He's the face of the franchise, the one known by the most people, by people who don't even play FN@F,

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's like arguing that Red should've gotten in before Pikachu. Or that it should've been a Frisk mii costume instead of Sans, ditto for Vault Boy as the Fallout mii. Chrom's the main character of FE Awakening but he still had to wait his turn.
That's a completely different situation. Sans and Vault boy aren't primary reps either. And Pikachu actually can be considered the main protagonist of the Pokemon franchise. Same goes with Undertale. Frisk is the primary rep of Undertale given that she is the main protagonist. If I had to add a non-primary indie rep to the roster, I would choose Sans.

Like who even cares that much about the nightguards? It's the robots that everyone knows & would recognize. If Mike Schmidt got revealed in a direct, the reactions of everyone online will be A. "Who the hell is that?", followed immediately by B. "Wait, he's from FN@F? Well why didn't they just use Freddy?"

No, Freddy is totally the 1st stringer here. He's the face of the franchise, the one known by the most people, by people who don't even play FN@F,
Well, just like Final Fantasy and Castlevania, Five Night's at Freddy's isn't a protagonist-based franchise. Simon (Castelvania) got in over Dracula (Castlevania) and getting Freddy over the nightguards is like getting Dracula (Castlevania) over Simon (Castlevania).

Now I think the nightguards could simply get the Heroes (Dragon Quest) treatment. Basically the different characters as skins. Freddy would be best as the 2nd Five Nights at Freddy's rep.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That's a completely different situation. Sans and Vault boy aren't primary reps either. And Pikachu actually can be considered the main protagonist of the Pokemon franchise. Same goes with Undertale. Frisk is the primary rep of Undertale given that she is the main protagonist. If I had to add a non-primary indie rep to the roster, I would choose Sans.

Well, just like Final Fantasy and Castlevania, Five Night's at Freddy's isn't a protagonist-based franchise. Simon (Castelvania) got in over Dracula (Castlevania) and getting Freddy over the nightguards is like getting Dracula (Castlevania) over Simon (Castlevania).

Now I think the nightguards could simply get the Heroes (Dragon Quest) treatment. Basically the different characters as skins. Freddy would be best as the 2nd Five Nights at Freddy's rep.
Dude, we don't even know what the security guards LOOK LIKE. If we're getting a FNAF rep, it's Freddy or no one.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Dude, we don't even know what the security guards LOOK LIKE. If we're getting a FNAF rep, it's Freddy or no one.
If Min-Min can get in over Spring Man, despite not being the primary rep of ARMS. Then I think Freddy can get in over the nightguards. Not to mention, Terry (King of Fighters) isn't a primary rep either, and he got in over Kyo, who is the primary rep of King of Fighters.

So whoever becomes the first playable character for any franchise doesn't have to be a primary rep.

Have the security guards ever had any official character designs in any official Five Nights at Freddy's media?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Pika is only the most popular Pokemon. Not a main character.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Freddy's name is freaking in the title. What more do ya need?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm one of the few who would love to see Freddy as a fully fledged fighter! Put me on the supporter list :)

I highly doubt it'll happen anytime soon, though. But you know what could be reasonable to hope for? A Mii costume. I'd love a Freddy Mii!

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'm one of the few who would love to see Freddy as a fully fledged fighter! Put me on the supporter list :)

I highly doubt it'll happen anytime soon, though. But you know what could be reasonable to hope for? A Mii costume. I'd love a Freddy Mii!
Freddy could be the 1st villain deluxe mii costume!

FazDude

Smash Master
Sign me up as a supporter! Freddy's my number one "pipe dream" pick, and while I'd be more than happy with a simple Mii costume, I'd still really get a kick out of having the man... er, bear himself playable. Heck, maybe one of his moves could reference Fury's Rage, the beat-em-up Kai mentioned above.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We are looking for a new owner. If you wish to apply message me or another mod or admin. Please note, the person that takes over must have a post from before June 5, 2019.

Zangiefsthighs

Smash Cadet
Well it's releasing this year, I personally think it's coming out around a Christmas. Maybe a day or two after.

Top Bottom