• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He has combos?

Phatty

Smash Cadet
So I did a little testing with the Hero in training mode and I decided to make a general combo thread for him. He is by no means a combo character but I was able to find a few. I mostly practiced on Marth since he's a middleweight, he's generally an easy character to combo and since he's my main I like to know what is possible on him. Also, these weren't tested with any sort of DI.

Falling Uair
By far his best combo starter is falling Uair.

Uair>Utilt 0-35%
Uair>Fsmash 0-30% I think you can get Fsmash a few percentage points after 30 but it gets much trickier. Also, if you crit this combo does like 50% damage!!!

At about 10-15% falling Uair combos into more Uairs. The timing is pretty strict before 15% though

Uair>jump Uair>dj Uair>Uair 15-20%
Uair> jump Uair>dj Uair>Nair 15-20%
I was able to do the above combos on DK up to 25% but Marth was sent too far to connect the fourth hit after 20%.

Uair>Uair>Uair 15-35%
Uair>Uair 40>75%

Uair>Fair 0-80%
Uair>Bair 0-85%

Other Falling Aerials
I wasn't able to get falling Nair to combo into anything. Falling Nair looks like it should combo into DA at 0% but the combo counter wouldn't give it to me so IDK. Maybe someone else will have better luck. I didn't really experiment with Dair at all so maybe someone could look into that as well.

Fair>Jabs 0-5%
Fair>Ftilt 0-5%

Throws
I couldn't get Dthrow to combo at all but Uthrow works pretty well.

Uthrow>Uair 0-13%
This looks like it should combo at later percents but I couldn't get the combo counter to give it to me after 13%. It might be wrong but IDK.

Uthrow>Fair 0-30%

Well, that's all I got. I couldn't get Dtilt or Utilt to combo at all but I think this is a good list to start with. Let me know if you guys find anything else.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
D-throw to shorthop Fair (on low percentages) has surprisingly hit every time I've attempted it, but maybe my opponents just weren't expecting it.

Last edited:

Phatty

Smash Cadet
It's possible that Dthrow>Fair is true. I based my list on the combo counter and it has been wrong before. DI might affect that as well or online latency IDK. But, hey if it works it works.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I landed uthrow>uair>fair>fair in a game last night, but it was online and idk if its true so I'll have to investigate further.

Dtilt is also a decent combo starter. Dtilt>fair can kill near the ledge, or lead into neutral b (have only tested it fully charged)

Phatty

Smash Cadet
Ok so I didn't do a whole lot of testing yesterday but I did manage to combo out of falling Nair. I got:

Nair>Fair
Nair>Bair
Nair>Fsmash

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
Similar to Ridley, you can use your fire (not charged) and follow up with a careful dash attack

Phatty

Smash Cadet
Similar to Ridley, you can use your fire (not charged) and follow up with a careful dash attack
That's neat! I didn't do a whole lot of testing with Nspecial but I do think it is very comboable. I will test that this afternoon.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I landed uthrow>uair>fair>fair in a game last night, but it was online and idk if its true so I'll have to investigate further.

Dtilt is also a decent combo starter. Dtilt>fair can kill near the ledge, or lead into neutral b (have only tested it fully charged)
Sorry for being as late as possible, but none of those are true. Up throw will only combo into U-air once or nair once unless you have acceleratle. Down-tilt>Fair or fire ball is also untrue. Down-tilt big doodoo end lag so its a miracle if you even get an up-air out of it.

Last edited:

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Sorry for being as late as possible, but none of those are true. Up throw will only combo into U-air once or nair once unless you have acceleratle. Down-tilt>Fair or fire ball is also untrue. Down-tilt big doodoo end lag so its a miracle if you even get an up-air out of it.
Yeah, with more games I found that out pretty quick, haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom