• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hazard Preference Option Proposal.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
From what I am seeing with the Hazard preference, I’m not really a fan of how some stages were done. For me, turning hazards off is an absolute must for enjoying some stages, but it ruins others. I think there should be a hazard preference option under the hazard toggle. When creating a rule set, you can select stages individually and choose whether you want hazards always on, always off, or for the game to ask when the stage is selected. It allows players to set a preference. The feature can come in handy both for playing the game with friends, and playing the game at tournaments. Everyone will have different preferences when it comes to stages, and this feature would allow everyone to use theirs.

What do you guys think of the idea?

D

Deleted member

I agree. It would be nice to adjust hazards the way we want.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm just waiting to see if the hazard toggle can work like how choosing Omega did in smash 4 where on the stage select screen you can press a button and it will switch between choosing normal stage, omega, BF, or Hazardless.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
From what I am seeing with the Hazard preference, I’m not really a fan of how some stages were done. For me, turning hazards off is an absolute must for enjoying some stages, but it ruins others. I think there should be a hazard preference option under the hazard toggle. When creating a rule set, you can select stages individually and choose whether you want hazards always on, always off, or for the game to ask when the stage is selected. It allows players to set a preference. The feature can come in handy both for playing the game with friends, and playing the game at tournaments. Everyone will have different preferences when it comes to stages, and this feature would allow everyone to use theirs.

What do you guys think of the idea?
Good post. I like it. Helps to streamline things. As the poster above me said, having it work like the Omega stage toggle would be convenient.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I wish there was a random stage select similar to the item select where each stage would have checkmarks for off,normal, hazards off, BF, and omega

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'm just waiting to see if the hazard toggle can work like how choosing Omega did in smash 4 where on the stage select screen you can press a button and it will switch between choosing normal stage, omega, BF, or Hazardless.
Well, Battlefield and Final Destination forms completely change the layout. It could be nice with those two, but the idea was that you don't have to adjust anything when choosing the regular forms and the hazardless forms.

Tournaments won't have any hassle when picking as a result of hazards versus no hazards, and neither will anyone with specific preferences. I wouldn't be opposed to what you proposed here though.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
i feel like we shod only turn off hazards only if we need to
Hazards turned off helps make some stages fun, and makes others competitive. There are some overlaps in the statement I just made. It gives a change of pace that some players like, so turning them off on some stages is a good thing.

Top Bottom