• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hax$'s Injury and His Situation, Needs Medical Assistance

Art Credit: Ji$uArt. @JisuArt. You can also enter a giveaway for a chibi icon by her here

Today, professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player Aziz "Hax$" Al-Yami announced his current medical situation through his personal blog.

"I have a calcified FCU tendon. The FCU is one of 2 major flexor tendons in your wrist (the other is the FCR). These tendons allow you to flex, which means moving your wrist inwards (like with lifting). They don't have anything to do with grip strength or finger movement. Calcification is a rare condition that causes a tendon to thicken." Hax states in the announcement. "My case of calcification is so severe that it calls for removal of my tendon. This is rare to the point that there are hardly any documented cases in history of it happening."

Hax unfortunately is not currently finding any doctors that are able to perform the surgery needed to treat this condition.

You can read the full statement here.

For the latest info on Hax$, you can follow him on Twitter @ssbmhax.

Stay tuned on Smashboards for more updates on his injury, and other Smash related content

Last edited:
Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

Here's hoping he finds someone, anyone, to help him out. He's one of my favorites, but beyond that it's surely painful and inconvenient.

This is why I play Falco and not Fox. :p

But in all seriousness, I do hope he gets better. To have a condition this rare seems really tricky to cure so may the gods find him the correct doctor. :)

The fact that it's ruining his everyday life is bad enough, but the fact Doctors aren't willing to risk giving his life back for a flexion whatever is just brutal. Good luck finding someone Hax after nearly 3 years.

I fear having that happen to me as well, but since I play Link, that won't be happening soon, so I hope any doctors find a cure to this. Good luck, Hax.

Top Bottom