• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hax On "Indefinite Hiatus" Due To Hand Injury

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Because I made an account on a video game forum to talk about my hand potentially getting broken.
You probably made an account here for a number of reason, and there are probably thousands of things that Smashboards offers that you probably didn't ask for either. Quit sounding so pretentious.

Seriously, a typical hand injury is just like anything else. It's either caused from doing something stupid ("Hyuk Hyuk hey guys look what I can do!") or by a normal accident that you can't really predict and prevent.
Except that injuries like carpel tunnel literally happen to a variety of gamers and office workers, including non-smashers, due to ignorance of working too long or not doing proper stretches? It's not hard to get, and if people aren't told what their limits are and how to prevent it, of course its going to happen. Knowledge is better than ignorance, and there's no reason not to talk about it, especially because it's relevant.

Also, please convince me that Sakurai got carpel tunnel while making Smash because he was doing something stupid too.

Yeah, yoga and stuff can keep it healthy, and you shouldn't overwork your hand (just like any other part of your body), but that's common knowledge.
The best way to prevent injuries like carpel tunnel is to doing specific stretches before playing or doing things that I'd wager most smashers don't do on a regular basis if at all, and before you start feeling any indications that your hand is damaged in the first place. It's easy to damage your hand (just like any other part of your body), so writing articles stating ways to prevent and minimize those chances do much more good than harm.

This is one of the most unnecessary and weir articles I've ever seen on this site.
This one of the most self-entitled posts I've ever seen on this site.

Last edited:

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Cool article, important topic!

Does anyone remember what hax did to his hand in May? Smash, or something unrelated?

Last edited:

S2

Smash Lord
Hand injuries are painful and beyond the physical pain can be demoralizing. I've not met Hax, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

It's a little boggling how mean a few of the comments have been. I know people will argue different opinions on various issues related to the Smash games themselves, but regardless of how you feel about elements of Smash, there isn't any reason to make cruel comments towards a community member that is injured.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Because I made an account on a video game forum to talk about my hand potentially getting broken.

Seriously, a typical hand injury is just like anything else. It's either caused from doing something stupid ("Hyuk Hyuk hey guys look what I can do!") or by a normal accident that you can't really predict and prevent.

Yeah, yoga and stuff can keep it healthy, and you shouldn't overwork your hand (just like any other part of your body), but that's common knowledge. If you were born with, or got a permanent internal hand-injury, then this stuff is necesary, but you would have already figured that out, especially if you play video games often.

This is one of the most unnecessary and weir articles I've ever seen on this site.
Not really no. Playing Smash is neither stupid, nor would be considered an accident, but playing in excess (which varies from individual to individual) can cause damage to the joints or tendons, resulting in arthritic conditions, tendinitis, or other inflammatory problems like carpal tunnel. See M2K. It doesn't have to be you being an idiot or unlucky, there are other factors at play, so making sure your hands are well kept is worth it.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I know this isn't the time for a joke, but...

"He stepped up the intensity too far." :4wiifit:

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
Phew glad I do all of these things habitually, but still poor Hax, hope you get better soon and return to your usual business of kicking ***.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Who cares? Front page really? xD

On the other topic, fapping helps with stretching / exercising your hands.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Damn that's harsh. I'll still always remember him as the guy who 3 stocked Leffen at last year's APEX then did that head ripped off motion with his thumb to his neck. Guess we won't see a repeat of that anytime soon :urg:

2spongee4u

Smash Rookie
Lets hope this doesn't become a trend in the coming years of smash. Hopefully people will do what it takes to prevent any kind of hand injury like not going on trampolines because they are evil and are after both your smash, sports, and life life.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ooh yeah things like this suck. I had to go to the hospital because of this and was scared to play my 3DS for over a year even if the doctors said it wasnt carple tunnal/ a broken bone

Last edited:

EpicCupcakez

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicCupcakes
3DS FC
0018-1627-8120
I hope he feels better soon, I also hope he at least comes to Apex, I would love to actually meet him.

:179:

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Is this.. serious? Like i understand for extremely hardcore Smashers it makes sense but to give tips on how to avoid hurting yourself during a game? :p seems like common sense to me.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
And i don't mean to come off like a ****. I hope you get better Drax! But listing ways on not to hurt yourself while playing a game is not giving the Smash community enough credit lmao.

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
Hax is one of my favorite players to watch, get well soon dude.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This is what 20XX has caused. All that waveshining is too much strain.

Top Bottom