• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with WaveShining.

BlablablaxD

Smash Cadet
Well... I try out waveshine AND I CAN DO IT WITH NO PROBLEM WITH MY INDEX AND THUMB, but when i try it to do it with a real character i can't do it. Somehow, if i do the waveshine with ONLY MY THUMB i can do it with characters but is so hard to do it, i like do it in 1 of 50 attempts.

Anybody can give me some advices or give me some help about this?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
You need to pinpoint where your problem lies. Are you not jumping? Are you jumping but not airdodging? Keep in mind that when you hit someone with shine there is hitlag/stun, therefore your inputs need to be slightly slower than if you were to do waveshines solo. This is the same for if you practice pillaring (like shine shffl nair shine, repeat) in place vs hitting someone. There is even a difference between hitting someone and hitting shield. All the timings are different and you need to get used to it. There isn't a difference in lag I don't think with shield vs hitting someone, but unless you are deliberate about how your attack hits, there is a difference of WHEN the attack hits, as shields stick out more, usually, than hurtboxes do.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
With any advanced technique, you can't expect to incorporate it into your play immediately. When I first started waveshining, I couldn't do it consistently at all. But I tried it when I could, and eventually I got the timing down so that I don't even really have to think about it when I do it. Just practice it every day on your own and be willing to let it take a couple weeks before it's integrated into your play.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
If your normal wavedash forward backwards and in place just do down b and wave dash like you normally do

Top Bottom