• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having Trouble Spinshotting

Ragor

Smash Rookie
I left brawl last august and decided to come back, but 1 thing I've come to realize is that spinshotting is a essential part of sonics recovery, but I've always struggled with the timimg, is there an easier method of doing the spinshot out there?
Btw i play with the classic pro controller and dont plan on changing

infomon

Smash Scientist
down-B and then c-stick up
there's no timing to worry about with that method
but it only works in the air

If you're doing the side-B version then you have to release it and then hit jump like a frame or two after letting go of the side-B. so there's a sliiiiiight space there and ya it can be tricky to learn that timing and do it consistently

I usually find spinshot more useful from air so the down-B+c-stick method always worked well.

I use classic controller too ftw

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
infzy, you use classic controller? All these years and I never knew...

Also, just to make things completely clear, the DownB spinshot can only be done in the air, but the SideB spinshot can be done both while grounded or airborn.

Personally, I never use the jump buttons for spinshot. I always use cstick down. The DownB one I just mash B a few times and flick, and the SideB I hold for like less than a second and flick. It's hard to explain the timing since it's become so second nature for me, but basically you don't want to charge either of them for too long or else it's too late. SideB I feel like it's somewhere between being in the middle of a full charge, and the DownB one is after approximately like, 3 fast mashes of B? I never counted, so that's a guess.

:093:

Top Bottom