• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble connecting the down throw combos

Vejeta

Smash Rookie
So the down throw combos from Smash 4 do not connect at all for me now.

The opponent is always able to DI or air dodge away.

The combos I'm trying are down throw into nair at low percent and down throw into up air at higher percent.

Do these just not work any more now?

StGabby

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3147-0719-3893
Yeah down throw combos didnt transfer over from Smash 4 Sadly.. What i usually do now is D throw into Side special works around 80pct of the time :x

maybe.

Smash Cadet
Down throw forward air is really good now and works at pretty much any %. Down throw to nair only works on DI in or no DI and it's really hard because of how the buffering works in this game because you can't buffer nair with the sideways movement or you'll just get fair, you have to buffer a dash towards them and quickly cancel it with the nair, seems like it's air dodgeable for alot of characters though, I get down throw to connect to fair free at basically any % against any character but down throw to nair seems match up / player dependent.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Down throw combos into either n-air or f-air. U-air is completely gone, now.

But hey, she gained side b -> neutral b for a clean 30% projectile combo so it's not all bad.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Fair and nair work decently well, kinda have to read DI though. Bair seems to work as well for a nice kill confirm.

LTheartless

Smash Rookie
Dthrow works with Nair and Fair, and nair will link to either uair, fair, or another nair. Explosive flame can set you up for a uair or usmash 50/50.

Top Bottom