• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having difficulty getting handoffs

Dumpabump

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0829-4421
I read the ledge chain grab guide up above, but I still can't get it for the life of me. Nana does either a dtilt or a jab when I try to regrab with her instead of putting out a grab box. Anyone got any tips or tricks to be more consistent? New to Icies btw

Edit: my phone autocorrected "Handoffs" to handouts lol. I mean handoffs

Last edited:

Wibbles

Smash Cadet
If Nana is doing a down tilt it means that you are pressing down too hard when you throw. This is causing her to crouch, which means that she will downtilt instead of grabbing. Try to practice throwing using the lightest tilt that you can and this problem should go away.

derdian

Smash Cadet
I learned all the handoffs using d-throw -> shield grab with nana to prevent her from ever crouching. If you want to do it without shield grabbing do d-throw -> jump cancel grab and it won't matter if shes crouching or not

xawnder

Smash Rookie
If you want some "training wheels" for handoffs, try using dash grab with Nana after a downthrow. Only do it until you get used to the timing, because if you mess up, you're very punishable since nana is far away, and in grab lag.

Squid Kid

Smash Rookie
Don't hit down to far on the stick or else Nana will crouch. Be gentle with your inputs and watch for the green flash to know when to buffer a regrab.

Top Bottom