• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

have you had a dream about the newcomers in smash ultimate?

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
for me exemple i dreamed about banjo and kazooie reveal where they flying over the hill with the title HE COME BACK!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not sure too many people have those kinds of dreams, lol. But I did dream about the character I brought up just yesterday, Meloetta. Probably because I was thinking of how to a make thread for her, which I did do, before bed :p
But in the dream it didn't feel like the actual character, it was abstractly different.

Last edited:

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure too many people have those kinds of dreams, lol. But I did dream about the character I brought up just yesterday, Meloetta. Probably because I was thinking of how to make thread for her, which I did do, before bed :p
But it didn't feel like the actual character, it was abstractly different.
so that's mean i'm the only one that dreamed about the reveal :grin:

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
OMG I read this post at 1 AM last night and fell asleep an hour later, and what do you know, I had a dream about Smash Bros. It was so weird though. So basically I was watching the Last Nintendo direct before the game came out, and it was the end of the direct and I was eager to see the final character get announced. Just as my heart filled with joy, it was then filled with confusion. The picture of every character in the game appeared on the screen, and characters who had not been confirmed appeared on it. I can't remember quite that well who they all were, but I remember Rick from Kirby, Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, and for some reason the Popeyes girl from the commercials. Weirdest thing is I'm from Iowa and have never had Popeyes. Anyways, so then Sakurai explained that these characters would be unlockables, but were still revealed before launch since that was his intention, to have everyone known. I remember how angry I was in the dream, not because those characters were in the game (well, maybe Popeyes girl), but because I was annoyed they weren't getting trailers. And also, it was so underwhelming just to see them all revealed in a picture rather than a video. C'mon, don't tell me you're not hoping and waiting for Banjo's trailer, where he is finally reunited with his Nintendo friends. Anyways then I woke up and lived happily ever after.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Kazooie
Rayman
Crash

These are, together with Mario and Donkey Kong and Sonic, the masters of Plataform Games, that I think that should be represented in the game.
I can only dream about having stages and the music of Rayman Legends and Crash on this game.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Not mine, but my brother told me about a dream he had the a few weeks ago where a new echo fighter was set to be announced at the end of the EVO. It was heavily hyped the entire night and turned out to be Bowser wearing a bayou hat.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Not me personally, but my friend had a crazy dream that Elma, KOS-MOS, and T-elos (as a KOS-MOS echo) were revealed in the same trailer.

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
OMG I read this post at 1 AM last night and fell asleep an hour later, and what do you know, I had a dream about Smash Bros. It was so weird though. So basically I was watching the Last Nintendo direct before the game came out, and it was the end of the direct and I was eager to see the final character get announced. Just as my heart filled with joy, it was then filled with confusion. The picture of every character in the game appeared on the screen, and characters who had not been confirmed appeared on it. I can't remember quite that well who they all were, but I remember Rick from Kirby, Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, and for some reason the Popeyes girl from the commercials. Weirdest thing is I'm from Iowa and have never had Popeyes. Anyways, so then Sakurai explained that these characters would be unlockables, but were still revealed before launch since that was his intention, to have everyone known. I remember how angry I was in the dream, not because those characters were in the game (well, maybe Popeyes girl), but because I was annoyed they weren't getting trailers. And also, it was so underwhelming just to see them all revealed in a picture rather than a video. C'mon, don't tell me you're not hoping and waiting for Banjo's trailer, where he is finally reunited with his Nintendo friends. Anyways then I woke up and lived happily ever after.
yeah sometime a dream can't be real but i it's not impossible that banjo can be playable since k rool is in smash

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
Not mine, but my brother told me about a dream he had the a few weeks ago where a new echo fighter was set to be announced at the end of the EVO. It was heavily hyped the entire night and turned out to be Bowser wearing a bayou hat.
LOL bowser wearing a bayou hat, now i imagine bowser with a lousiana accent XD

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I don’t need dreams because everything I’ve wanted so far has become reality. All I’m waiting for now is Geno!

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
No, but I did have a dream of Rosalina who was one of my most wanted at the time, being revealed on the smash bros website either the day before she was announced or when I had woken up the day she was announced and later in the evening I saw that she was announced as a character on the website. It was surreal.

Lilithant

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-5376-6607
I've had quite a few dreams like this, but I only remember two of them:

The first one was a character trailer in the style of "Everyone is here!" except for newcomers. The only people I remember being announced were Boshi as a Yoshi echo fighter and Professor E. Gadd (Pretty sure he was original).
I had another dream after that, but it was just gameplay. All I remember was playing as Dunban from Xenoblade and using his Final Smash, which was Blossom Dance. Like in the game, you'd have to press the B button in time with the circle on the screen getting smaller or whatever to unleash the full final smash. If you failed then it'd just stop and be pretty sub-par, but if you got all the button presses then it'd be extremely powerful.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I didn't think I could ever dream about one, but it recently happened to me just last night. I remember dreaming about seeing a Kris support thread here on Smashboards. It didn't have too many replies, only about 2 or 3. I guess I only dreamed about him because I recently completed FE12.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Occasionally. Yesterday, I had a dream where Daisy was reworked into a Link clone (complete with a sword and her sports outfit).
And I had at least 2-3 dreams about Snake being revealed for Smash 4 or a 5 since dlc ended.

My most memorable Smash dream was years ago after Robin was revealed for Smash 4, I had this dream of a trailer that started in the boxing ring arena, where Tekken Tag's theme was playing and Heihachi was revealed. And his opponent, was Venom from Spider-Man. Venom was confirmed and I was pretty confused.
Then they both dodge a Monado purge attack, and Shulk was revealed. And then, suddenly, Goku was revealed. I recall after this, I was so confused that I tried to check Smashboards, but the website crashed. Then the "post-title" scene played, where Spider-Man was revealed, but for some reason they just used live-action footage of his TAS actor confirming the character, and he was in a skateboard park for some reason.
...It was a weird dream to wake up from and I kinda hope I never get another one like it :tired:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Yes.
It was during the next direct, I was ecstatic to see Dixie come out of a barrel. She whips out the cut DK64 shotgun, and starts offing all the Smash characters. EVERY. SINGLE.ONE. Then, she eats the remains of all the dead. She then whips out a bazooka, and shoots down Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Tabuu. She is about to go after Rathalos, when Banjo and Kazooie burst out of nowhere. Kazooie proceeds to eat Dixie. RIP Dixie.
Lanky Kong then came out and performs his dance moves from the DK Rap.

Garbage Cat

Smash Rookie
More of a nightmare than a dream, but yes.
Basically, I was watching the next direct, and Sakurai revealed the next character, and it was Geno! I was so happy to finally see Geno at last, practically almost crying, but I was brought back down to Earth very quickly. Geno didn't get any reveal trailer at all, the direct simply showed a clip of Geno on the Temple stage. What was even worse was that Geno looked unfinished. His model wasn't polished or detailed in some areas, and some other parts of his model were just simply gone during some animations. He simply looked ugly, like he was just half finished. Sakurai then said something among the lines of "Now, every new fighter we showcase won't be entirely complete by release. Because of the deadline for this project, when you finally get the game you may notice that some fighters' animations or attacks aren't completely finished, or may even be bugged. Don't worry though, our development team will make sure to periodically release patches to complete these characters." I just remember, in my dream, being so confused and angry, then my dream just ended.

D

Deleted member

I recently had a dream where they announced a sequel to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE while revealing that the series’ protagonist, Itsuki Aoi, became playable in Smash. For some reason though they decided to change the name of the series from “Tokyo Mirage Sessions” to “Fire Emblem Echoes” 0_o

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
About a week ago, I woke up to Trevor Belmont (obviously as a Simon echo) being announced in a trailer similar to that of Pac-Man in the Sm4sh days. Don't ask me why, my imagination is capable of such things...

Also, a couple days ago, I had a more conventional dream where Rayman was revealed, and the CG cutscene part in it involved him taking down an army of ROBs with a prune toss. My Rayman 2 bias strikes again, even in my subconscious, if you see what I mean...

Strangely, my dreams only involve the trailers themselves, but not my reaction(s)… but it's pretty safe to assume that any form of Rayman reveal would make me go full-on ape-sh*t, as he has been my most wanted newcomers for as long as I can remember. But hey, if he doesn't get in, I can't complain, in terms of newcomers, I already got K. Rool who wasn't far behind Rayman as far as my personal desires go... besides, I'm more than hyped about all the other newcomers that were revealed as of right now.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had a dream Young Link came back to Smash Ultimate before his reveal, playing exactly like he did in Melee. And before K.Rool's reveal, I had a dream where I saw Diddy do a Barreljet-powered version of his Side B kick attack, which he also does in the K.Rool trailer and has never been seen before.

I might be unto something here.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I dreamt I was at a tournament or convention and there were two big posters revealing Ken as an echo fighter and Team Rocket as a new character - Jessie and James from the anime Team Rocket!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Never tbh
But now that I read this tonight I'm gonna have a dream and every character in it will be confirmed

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
*the clip of Waluigi being KO'd as an Assist Trophy plays, Marth taunts, cut to cutscene mode, a respawn platform appears above and behind an unexpecting Marth, Waluigi lands, pulls out a Bomb and throws it at Marth in a sneak attack, KOing him right back. "Waluigi Time!" *Waluigi Pinball plays* -Waluigi sneaks his way in- Cut to gameplay of Waluigi, showing off his Up Special as he swims through the air getting back to a ledge, then connecting with his Up Smash which is a dancing twirling dance move, hitting Falco as he Illusions in a bad spot, his B move, a Piranha Plant in a pot does a move similar to Wario's B, chewing on King DDD then tossing him back. Waluigi walks up to an Assist Trophy on the ground, only to do a cocky taunt, crotch chop ofc, cut to cool combo on Luigi, koing him with a tennis racket and show off a new taunt, pointing and laughing at the KO'd Luigi "Wahahaha!"*

I woke up before it ended, but it was perfect.

tumblr_p8nbogP0Fu1uhnw0yo1_500.jpg

Wasn't the first time or the last time, it's usually Waluigi, sometimes Isaac, Sora, or Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not smash but kind of related, I had a dream yesterday that a new weapon was coming to splatoon which was essentially a drill, i remember an octoling kind of diving down and splating an inkling with it, looked like the the one that was an item in Smash, i believe it was from kid icarus originally

I am honestly pretty sure i have had character announcement dreams before too but i do not really remember them but they were probably for crash and/or banjo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom