• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever came across a players who disconnects before they WON, and you get penalized for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidoriBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
NovaBeast92
The title speaks for itself, but I need legit answers. I can't be the only one who goes through this crap.

MidoriBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
NovaBeast92
basically this. it just doesn't happen to me and maybe you are doing something wrong
Nothing wrong at my end. I got lan adapter, strong internet, the works. despite all that, some bozo decides to disconnect and I end up getting disconnected as well, and I'm like "wtf"?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The title speaks for itself, but I need legit answers. I can't be the only one who goes through this crap.
Kind of. It's hard to tell what circumstances actually lead to a match disconnecting.. but if you are playing and out of nowhere the game slows way down then freezes then goes back to normal basically your match is being nullified gsp wise and your opponent is replaced with a cpu.. but just to be clear they (whoever drops) will lose whatever gsp was to be gained whereas your gsp stays the same.

TysontheTitan

Smash Rookie
Im pretty sure Ive been suicided on before & the game counted it against me. I dont remember the specifics but I remember the pain & confusion.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
That has happened to me before (getting disconnected after the opponent disconnects) but it is rare. Extremely rare. Like once in 200 games rare.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
It happend to me once. I went for another fishing rod stage spike and he didn't like that and ragequit. Little did he know I actually ended up missing and I died instead losing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom