• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Hatred is treated sacred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I just got done watching the
Super Smash Bros Wii U - E3 2014 Invitational Tournament All Matches TRUE-HD QUALITY
tournament, and I have a few things (I mean a few, because hatred is only skilled at deconstruction, so I highly refuse to waste my time).

. The Wii Trainer player was legitimately playing keep away without demonstrating any signs of any sort of skill or tactic. She was only picked again for the next round because "lel, sexually deprived kids".

. Hungry Box was a great player. There were times he sat out of the fights; but anyone smart would do that in a match that isn't always about your skill, because of the chaos filling the screen. You need time to breathe and think. And when Hungry Box went back in, he made a lot out of his breaks. That's how you distinguish a smart player, from a scared player.

. Zero spaced those moves, and played at god-like speeds the entire game. Just take a look at Zero spacing himself on the level with the planes; then tell me that a coward who has no skill and cheats their way to victory can successfully play defense (under the top wing), and offense (jumping on top of the plane and demonstrating 100% that this Zero wasn't messing around), while switching up his play-style in a split second. You clearly can see that Zero was moving around a lot more and showed that not only he had dominance over the players he went up against; he had dominance over the levels he was playing on, and as an assassin player, (I played sheik in all smash bros. games; I play bastet on smite; I play warrior on tera; I played assassin on kirby super star on the SNES when I was very young... I played every game as an assassin), I can tell you straight up that Kirby is a gimicky character that is made for players like Chewy, while slow and requires harder reads. ZSS is a character that is agile, able to send out moves more often (Hungry Box was being too aggressive, and did not camp ZSS's escapes, like the top platform.) So clearly Hungry Box was "countered". He had options, but did not capitalize on them at the time, thus he lost, in spite of both of them duking it out to sudden death where both players had an equal opportunity in sudden death, and as shown in the grand finals, Hungry Box held his own and had his own reads and throughout it all, it looked like both players were going to win.

. TL;DR - Grand finals showed two tides sparring it out where both players, Zero and Hungry Box were going to win. Hungry Box tried to Chewy his way to victory (swallowing ZSS at the edge), and Zero spaced his moves and put a lot of thought and analysis into his game-play. I watched Zero go in on the Olimar in previous matches, on the left side of the area; I watched him handle the plane level like a saint, with precise movement through and through. Zero is not the coward of this tournament - the real cowards of this tournament was the Wii Fit trainer, and the sexually deprived teens that voted her in another match, when another player could have gone through. And every one that has no sense of dignity or integrity for a player that fought their way to victory just because of bias and hatred, when both players at the end had that victory fair and square.

P.S Learn how to consume your anger properly when your favorite character/player loses. Do not redirect it onto an innocent character or player. This is how games are ruined - period! Hatred is treated sacred.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom