• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
The weapon is a slegde hammer hut if is very funny to see embryonic say sluge
Yeah I didn't quite notice the typo. Whoops.

Yes to all items

I think the line up is soild. Stretch and Jem where long overdue. I dont think we needed a 2nd WOTC job but I think MTG did deserve a 2nd rep and having a Dracula in the game is pretty fun
Since I'm replying I did think it was fair that I atleast explain why I did a second WotC job.

I figured it may have been a slightly unpopular choice, but I felt like both of it's primary IPs (D&D and Magic) were not progressing at the same rate the other big IPs were (MLP, Power Rangers, Gaming, etc.) and this branch of Hasbro doesn't do very well outside of its own rounds.
Sure we could've stopped at the 3 characters we had but these are huge series with multiple unique characters. Just electing to ignore it going forward, to me, would feel similar to how Smash stopped doing Zelda characters outside of the Triforce trio.
There were also some non-Fantasy IPs from WotC that hadn't been brought up yet and that changed this past weekend so I'm glad that happened.

I think this job ended pretty well and there's still room in the roster for more desired jobs to happen, which is what I have planned this week for Transformers.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all the items.

Every week has been ran fantastically so far. PinkFlare PinkFlare , you are an excellent thread runner and I enjoy how you are running this thread for sure!

Also, the roster is pretty solid as well. As much as I wished we got a non-MTG or D&D rep for another WoTC character on the roster, the second MTG character deserved it for sure.

Anyway, time for some trailers:

Reveal Trailer for D&D Customizable Class Avatar:

Creating Your Own Story with A Game Night Fight!

The trailer starts off with the black screen with the rating and all. Then we cut to the Hasbro family playing their Dungeons and Dragons game and we see toys of the currently revealed 14 fighters on the Dungeons and Dragons table with the whole playset. The Hasbro Boy picks up various toys including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Lord Licorice, Apple Jack, etc and makes them collide. After a long while of him and his family doing this...they get a little bored.

Hasbro Boy's Dad's Voice: So...we've been playing with characters that we didn't make?

Hasbro Boy looks up to his dad.

Hasbro Boy: What now, Dad?

Hasbro Boy's Dad: Well....back when I used to play Dungeons and Dragons when I was your age, we made characters that went on adventures. We would pretend to be in a fantasy world.

Hasbro Boy: Oooooh! Can I do that too?

Hasbro Boy's Dad chuckles.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: Of course you can, son! First, let me introduce my character.

We see the Hasbro Boy's Dad's hand put down a bard-like figure.

We cut to CGI where we see Drizzt Do'Urden fighting Optimus Prime, Lord Licorice and Mr. Potato Head in an icy world which will soon be revealed as Icewind Dale until....The Bard appears.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: Introducing...Bard the bard!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with The Bard making a pose with text by it and then we cut to gameplay of The Bard against various fighters on Icewind Dale.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: This bard here is incredibly capable of combat and magic. A super, cool class within Dungeons and Dragons!

We see more footage of the moveset for the Bard as well as the supers.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: Quite cool, huh son?

He nods.

Then, the Hasbro Boy's Mom brings down another figure being a female archer.

Hasbro Boy's Mom: This is my character. Introducing....

We then see a hand put down a Dungeons and Dragons Ranger class avatar where we see Twilight Sparkle fighting against Apple Jack, Mr. Monopoly and Bumblebee in another familiar Dungeons and Dragons setting being Baldur's Gate until...the Ranger appears.

It then cuts to an introduction screen with The Ranger making a pose with text by it and then we cut to gameplay of The Ranger fighting against various fighters on Baldur's Gate.

Hasbro Boy's Mom: I have quite the range to hunt but I love working alone. So, the monsters at this game night fight better beware!

We see more of the moveset across various stages until we see the Supers of the Ranger.

Then, we cut to the Hasbro Boy then looking at a book of Dungeons and Dragons classes. He then looks up to his parents.

Hasbro Boy: I think I know what I want to be...

He then grabs a sneaky-looking figure and then puts it in an area where Rita Repulsa is fighting Megatron and Cobra Commader and it appears to be...The Rogue.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: It seems like you are...The Rogue!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with The Rogue making a pose with text by it and then we cut to gameplay of The Rogue fighting against various fighters across different stages.

Hasbro Boy: You better watch out! I have a lot of tricks in my bag!

It then cuts to footage showcasing how you can customize the avatars to your liking as well as the stats.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: We can shape this avatars to whatever we want them to be!

We then see The Rogue's moveset more as well as its Supers. Then, we cut footage to all three Customizable Class Avatar classes together battling on Baldur's Gate and we see all three of them taunt.

Hasbro Boy's Dad: I am certainly ready for this campaign to keep on going for sure!

Both the Hasbro Boy and his mom nod. We see them continue playing. We cut to the Hasbro Game Night Fight title with the 14 fighters beside but then we see the 3 Class Avatars added to the coolection of fighters by the logo.

Copyrights appear.

This trailer reveals:

• The 3 Customizable Class Avatars (Bard, Ranger and Rogue), their movesets and Supers
  • The ability to customize them
  • Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate as stages as well as their hazards

Reveal Trailer for Scarlett

Reinforcements Come Forth!

We start the trailer off with the black screen with the ratings and all. Then, we cut to the trailer being a continuation of the reveal trailer of Cobra Commander and Megatron. We see those two along with Rita taking down all the heroic characters. Then, we cut to Rita laughing even more.

Rita Repulsa: Hahahha! The world we be under our evil spells and doing!

Megatron: Autobots shall no longer live alongside Decepticons!

Everyone looks up in dismay. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Tommy Oliver, Twilight Sparkle and so on put on their battle faces to be ready to take down the trio of villains. Everyone looks in defeat.

Optimus Prime: You shall be no more, Megatron!

Tommy Oliver then stands up.

Tommy Oliver: Not this time, Rita!

Twilight Sparkle: The friendship of the heroes will always win!

Everyone starts approaching the villains slowly.

Cobra Commander: Not this time, Cobra will win!

As soon as the heroes and villains clash...we see a certain aircraft carrier come in.

It then cuts to the Hasbro boy and his family playing with G.I. Joe toys. It appears to be the U.S.S. Flagg. Snake Eyes especially peers over to this taking interest as we see the CGI footage in action.

Then, we see a certain redhead woman in a certain suit's action figure being geabbed by the mother being placed onto the Dungeons and Dragons campaign map. This appears to be...Scarlett who attacks all of them with military weaponry!

Scarlett: Well, look who decided to show up! Time to show them the power of the G.I. Joe team!

We then cut to the Introducing Scarlett screen with her doing a pose by the text. We cut to gameplay footage of her with her moveset being shown off on the Statue of Liberty stage.

Scarlett: It seems I have a bit of skills to show off for sure!

We then see footage of the Cobra Island stage where Scarlett is fighting Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander.

Scarlett: We know exactly where the Cobra organization is!

Cobra Commander: Even if you fight here, all of you will fall to Cobra!

We then finally see some funny footage of Scarlett and then her Supers. Then, we cut to the villains falling and the heroes all posing in front of the explosion Power Rangers style.

We then cut to the family playing with the toys some more with all the revealed fighters.

Then, we finally go to the Hasbro Game Night Fight screen with all the 15 revealed fighters and then we see Scarlett being added to the collection of fighters.

Copyrights screen.

This trailer reveals:

• Scarlett, her moveset and Supers
  • Cobra Island as another G.I. Joe stage and its hazards

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 37
It is day 37, and the official start of Transformers Week! Very excited to finally delve into these jobs, but first I have to go over yesterday's votes for the items.

They all won gg guys

Alright and now time to talk about Transformers!
NEW JOBS
In war there is only one constant: That there is one side, and there is another.
But on the planet of Cybertron, one side holds the title of "Hero." The righteous freedom fighters of a war-torn home, fighting in an endless quest for peace. The heroes of the Transformers universe, which we have all come to know as... Autobots, and their descendants, the Maximals!

Hasbro's lineage of war heroes from across the era, whether an Autobot or Maximal, have become iconic staples of not just Hasbro themselves but Pop Culture as a whole. The near instantaneous success of the 1984 Transformers brand has lead to this insignia being a symbol, a hallmark of one of the greatest and long-running toylines ever created. Outside of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, this insignia houses hundreds of unique characters, filling out an entire faction of heroes to pick from, and in a roster as huge as Hasbro Game Night Fight, the call to arms will undoubtedly be answered by one of them.
Autobots_Cybertrons (1).jpg
Job: Nominate an Autobot or Maximal!
This should be self-explanatory. If the character was ever a part of the Autobot faction, or the 1996 descendant faction from Beast Wars, the Maximals (featuring in the next movie), then they're eligible for the job!
The poster above is only a sizeable fraction of the possible nominations to be made; Seriously, this is hugely open-ended. Good luck, y'all, and get to nominating!

Movesets and Arcade Endings are open indefinitely!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Grimlock

Me am Grimlock! Grimlock strongest of all Dinobots!

...Yeah, enough of that.

An Autobot who values strength above all else, Grimlock respects Optimus's strength and leadership... most of the time. A wildcard for the Autobot's side, Grimlock is absurdly tough, able to take on Optimus Prime or Megatron, but not very smart. (as evidenced by his Hulk-like speech, though in some continuities, he's faking or exaggerating it to get people to underestimate him)

Gameplay-wise, he could serve as a big heavy grappler character, grabbing people in his T. Rex mouth and slamming or throwing them, or smacking them with his tail. Aside from his fire breath, his ranged options would be limited.

Also, he's a fire-breathing alien robot T. Rex. I might not have liked the fourth Transformers movie, but inclusion of that alone bumped it up a few points for me.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Transformers Character:

Arcee

41L+dOv5YXL._AC_.jpg

She's returning in Transformers: Rise of The Beasts and she's one of my favorite Autobots. Alongside this, she's hella iconic. If she were to be added to the roster, we should keep her with her G1 appearance. After all, she is one of the most deadliness and ruthless Autobot warriors. She may look pretty in pink but pink is the color of Transformers blood. A great addition right here.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: Autobot or Maximal
HOT ROD
Turbo-Revving Young Punk
Every great leader has humble beginnings, and for Rodimus Prime, those beginnings... were not as humble as you would expect.

The gung-ho, flame-decoed, gear-grinding, rubber-burning, charisma machine of the Autobots himself, HOT ROD, stands as one of the most popular Transformers of all-time. Originally created for the 1986 theatrical film, The Transformers: The Movie, Hot Rod was the film's primary protagonists; Which means, yes, he is the first protagonist of the first Transformers movie, beating Optimus and Bumblebee to those roles. Chew on that!

Of course this isn't a decision without controversy; In the same film Optimus was very ceremoniously killed off in the first act, which also stands as one of the most infamous killings of a fictional character ever. The effects still somewhat ring across for older fans... but it should be noted that in the film, Hot Rod would end up being his successor as Leader of the Autobots and the next Prime, known as Rodimus, marking the introduction of a core Transformers character with a memorable arc that would be carried forward in future media; His most well known role after the movie would of course be his star role as the Captain of the Lost Light, in the 2012 comic book "More Than Meets the Eye" that wound up winning several awards and being declared as one of the great Transformers comics of all-time.
So, you know, the dude is pretty stacked when it comes to reputation.

"But hey, isn't Bumblebee or Hot Shot (Transformers: Armada) supposed to be the leader after Optimus?" Bla bla bla, they kinda just stole his arc. It's a weird thing Hasbro does. It should be noted Hot Shot was created as an amalgamation of Bumblebee and Hot Rod for the Armada series; He was actually called Hot Rod in Japan and he gets a paint job in the series that directly references him. But hey, I digress.

But, hey, so what if Hot Rod is the original film protagonist of the entire series and is the leader of the Autobots after Optimus and is a beloved fan-favorite with over 37 years of history in the brand? It doesn't matter much if he wouldn't be interesting to play, would it?

Boom.
HOT ROD MOVESET CONCEPT
General Playstyle
Hot Rod is a beginner friendly rushdown fighter, playing more offensively and using quick speed to his advantage; However, if used irresponsibly he can be left open for punishes. It's about learning maturity on the battlefield, bud.

Much like Optimus, he transforms for his dash animation. For several attacks, he uses a buzzsaw that was featured in the '86 Movie.
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 12.52.19 PM.jpg
Attack NameDescription
Jab (Gentleman's and Rapid)​
Hot Rod's jab is a straightforward punch.
His rapid jab is a punch followed up by a kick and a jump kick.
Down Tilt​
Hot Rod does a sliding, downward kick to trip opponents off their balance
Side Tilt​
Hot Rod steps forward slightly as he swings his buzzsaw
Up Tilt​
Hot Rod blasts a quick shot of fire above him, acting as a way to catch opponents above him.
Dash Attack​
Hot Rod lets out a quick burst of flames from his exhaust pipes as he drives by
Getup Attack​
Hot Rod lays his hands on the ground as he does a spin-kick, before landing on his two feet
Ledge Attack​
Hot Rod flips onto the ledge as he transforms in mid-air and knocks opponents out of his way before transforming back.
Attack NameDescription
Netrual Air​
Hot Rod lets out a small burst of flame, acting as a mid-air "Get off me!" tool.
Down Air​
Hot Rod dropkicks down beneath him as he comes in for a landing
Up Air​
Hot Rod does a flip kick in the air
Forward Air​
Hot Rod slashes his buzzsaw in front of him, propelling him slightly forward whilst in mid-air
Back Air​
Hot Rod back kicks the opponent behind him
Attack NameDescription
Uppercut (Up)​
Hot Rod equips his buzzsaw and charges up a powerful upward, multi-hit slash.
Request Denied! (Down)​
Hot Rod charges up a charge from one of his Photon Rifles as he stares downward on the opponent; He then lets out a powerful, killing shot that sends the opponent flying.​

This is a reference to the UK Marvel comic in which a Decepticon begs Rodimus to spare him, directly homaging a similar scene in the 1986 where Megatron begs Optimus the scene.
In a badass subversion of expectations, Rodimus guns down the con as he shouts "Request Denied!", instantly propelling the scene into Hot Rod iconicity.
Blistering Cuts (Side)​
Hot Rod equips his Buzzsaw weapon, as he the lights it up in flames before powerfully slashing the opponent, dealing flame and bleed damage simultaneously!
Special Move NameDescription
Piping Hot (Neutral)​
Hot Rod fires a off a flamethrower attack, using the exhaust pipes mounted on his arms! The flame will eventually die out, though, forcing Hot Rod to fight hand to hand while it recharges!

He can walk back and forth as the attack button is held
Flying Meteor (Up)​
Hot Rod creates an explosion of flames underneath him, launching him upward! This can be charged for higher propulsion, but higher charges risk him dealing damage to himself.
Burn Rubber (Side)​
Hot Rod transforms into vehicle mode and launches himself forward at high speed, bashing into the opponent!
By continuously pressing the Special button upon transformation, Hot Rod can rev up his engine, leading to a faster launch with more knockback (though if he misses and speeds off into the blast zone, that's on you.)
Read-Out (Down)​
Hot Rod equips his visor (from the 1986 movie!) as he scans the opponent for openings.
This moves is then replaced with a counter-attack, in which, if Hot Rod is attacked, he will counter by transforming and spinning out, flames shooting out of his exhaust pipes. This then reverts back to the visor in which he must scan again to get another Read-Out.
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 12.50.26 PM.png
Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - Flame Out!​
Hot Rod charges up as a giant pillar of flame shoots upward! (Similar to one of Ken's final Smashes, without the follow-up Shoryuken).

This is a unique ability he was given for the IDW Comic Continuity, running from 2005-2018!
Level 2 - Multiverse of Infinity​
A mystical sword forms out of thin air- the Sword of Primus! Hot Rod wields it to perform a powerful sword slash right in front of him, leading into a cutscene attack.
A portal to the Multiverse opens as a countless amount of alternate universe Hot Rods, Rodimi and Hot Shots stand in front of the opponent, all combine their firepower into a single giant flame that flies across the screen, dealing heavy damage and knockback!

This is inspired by a scene in the Regeneration One comic in which Hot Rod experiences visions of himself from the Multiverse!
TauntsDescription
That's a whopper, alright!​
Hot Rod fishes in the middle of the battlefield. He's a nature type!
Showing Off​
Hot Rod briefly combusts himself as he remarks, "When they forged me, they broke the mold!"
Rodimus Star​
Hot Rod flashes a Rodimus Star as he simply states, "I think I've earned one of these!

Entrance Animation - Hot Rod rides a Meteor into battle, jumping off as it crashes behind him. This is a direct homage to the comic Spotlight: Hot Rod, in which on the cover (and in the issue), Hot Rod is riding a Meteor!
Idle Animation 1 - Hot Rod flips one of his Rodimus Stars like a coin and catches it in mid-air, before putting it away.
Idle Animation 2 - Hot Rod transforms and revs up his engine, before backflipping back into Robot mode.

I feel there is only on way to end this write-up... with one of the greatest Rodimus quotes of all-time.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Dinobot
1673897698054.jpeg

Not to be confused with the Dinobots like Grimlock, Dinobot is a former Predacon fighting alongside the Maximals. He is ruled by a strong sense of honor and wishes to die gloriously in battle.

I suggest him for a character as he has a lot of neat moveset potential as a swordfighter, who can also transform into a Velociraptor.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Just wanted to say, there are still a couple of major characters missing that I would have expected to be nominated
Not saying which ones but for those who haven't nominated, you got options ;)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sky-Byte

What's funny is I wanted to submit the one Transformer I had a toy of as a kid other than Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. He had sharks on his shoulders, so I assumed it was Sky-Byte from a glance at the wiki - design was close enough. The funny thing is, I looked it up and the toy I had is actually a copmletely unrelated Dollar General off-brand toy. Huh.

Anyways, this is Sky-Byte. He can turn into a shark which could be really interesting gameplay-wise.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Sky-Byte

What's funny is I wanted to submit the one Transformer I had a toy of as a kid other than Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. He had sharks on his shoulders, so I assumed it was Sky-Byte from a glance at the wiki - design was close enough. The funny thing is, I looked it up and the toy I had is actually a copmletely unrelated Dollar General off-brand toy. Huh.

Anyways, this is Sky-Byte. He can turn into a shark which could be really interesting gameplay-wise.
I don't wanna be the guy to shoot submissions down, but I don't think I can count Sky-Byte since he never joined the Autobots.

You think you can save him for Thursday? He'll be eligible then

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 38
Welcome to Day 2 of Transformers Week!
Yesterday we got quite a number of submissions, in fact more than we've gotten in other recent jobs! Great job, everyone!
I'm sure everyone is excited to get right into the next characters, so without further ado...
NEW VOTES
As of now, we have 7 viable nominations for this round! Going down the list...

The Leader of the Maximals, and descendant of Optimus Prime; 90's icon and upcoming blockbuster movie star, it's none other than Optimus Primal, as nominated by Mamboo07 Mamboo07 !
A Pop Culture icon by nature, and an unruly fan-favorite; The rebellious, sword-wielding king of the Dinobots himself, Grimlock, nominated by Megadoomer Megadoomer !
The face of female Transformers and a star character of the original G1 cast; A recurring fan-favorite across every comic, show and film, it's Arcee, nominated by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !
5a9211bdba3355e592bdd169b6470a8d-removebg-preview.png
Classic movie protagonist, leader of the Autobots, and a real pain in the afterburner, we have the kick-ass hero himself, Hot Rod, as nominated by PinkFlare PinkFlare ! (A.K.A. Me)
ed095da90edc0c88e13616dc465c3665-removebg-preview.png
One of Cybertron's Greatest Heroes, and Beast Wars' most popular character; In fact, the first ever character to be voted into the official Transformers Hall of Fame by fans (true story!), it's the Predacon turned Maximal Dinobot, nominated by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear !
360px-IDWJazzPostcard-removebg-preview.png
Going back to the first year of the Transformers brand, is one of the most beloved founding Autobots around; First Lieutenant and right-hand man to Optimus Prime, it's the chilled out Autobot hero, Jazz, nominated by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !
And rounding out this list...
Proving that not all heroes are good, it's the morally gray tactician of the Autobot cause, and another all-star of the founding 1984 line-up, it's recurring fan-favorite Prowl, nominated by @Darkonedagger!

Shortlist
Surprisingly, Cheetor did not make the nominations this time around.
He's just as shocked about it as I am! Better luck next time, bud.

Now, with these options all laid out, go ahead and rank your Top 3, and your own nomination can't be in first!
Since we already have Optimus Prime and Bumblebee on the roster, only 1 Autobot/Maximal will be joining them in the fight. Vote accordingly!
NEW JOBS
Of course, every Tuesday is stage day, so...

Job: Nominate a Transformers stage set on Earth!
Earth is as just important to Transformers as Cybertron is; they turn into our vehicle and animals, after all! So, simply put, nominate a Transformers stage that is located pr set on Earth.

I recognize not everyone will be familiar with most Transformers stories, so I picked out a few good locales.
Sub-Atlantica
Dinobot Island
The Golden Lagoon
Detroit of 2050
Tidal Wave
Israel.

Of course, I'm keeping my submission under wraps. But feel free to use any of these or other Earth-Based locations I didn't bring up! Hell, make one up based on classic Transformers tropes - that's what Smash does!

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

is-there-any-in-universe-explanations-for-cybertronian-v0-q1d32a4c601a1.jpg

Autobots .. Roll Out!

Less of a specific location and more of a celebration of the series itself. This is like the F-Zero stages from Smash. Varoius Transformers are on their way to a battle, and you fight on top of them as they ride along. Like a grounded Poké Floats. This allows for plenty of cameos. The background can be any generic earth background.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Hot Rod
2. Grimlock
3. Arcee

All really awesome submissions for sure.

Transformers Stage on Earth:

Savage Land

350px-Arkshuttle1.jpg

This is a secret jungle paradise located in Antartica where dinosaurs were still living. This is also the place where the Ark crashed where the Autobot and Decepticon armies were first found on Earth within the comics lore. You simply fight on the mountains and trees of the land. Occassionally, dinosaurs will come and attack you so watch out! A fun stage that is important to the Transformers lore after all.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Grimlock
  2. Arcee
  3. Hot Rod
Stage: Egypt (Revenge of the Fallen)
egypt.png

Taking place in none other than good old Egypt, the fighters battle in the sandy remains of towns and ruins.
(The Autobots and Deceptions would make background appearances fighting each other)

construct.png

Halfway through the fight, the Constructions drive into view as they transform and start combining with each other becoming none other than...
(Haha fusion go brrr)

devasat.png

Devastator. Yes, THAT thing. (Also, he caused a computer to overheat melting its insides, awesome)

This big old lad of metal and steel becomes the main stage hazard, using his huge fists to slam down as well his vortex mouth to inhale sucking up everything even fighters which is dangerous.
(I picture a little detail where his head follows the fighters watching and sometimes gets closer taking a look but can do a powerful chomp attack)

I felt like wanting live action representation.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: Transformers Stage (Earth)
THE BATTLE OF AUTOBOT CITY
Transformers is a franchise about war, so action is always set in the forefront. And when it comes to the series, there is not a single action set-piece more important, more iconic and more infamous... than the Battle of Autobot City, which encompasses the first act of the original 1986 theatrical film.

And when I say it's important, I mean that it was this scene that essentially changed the franchise forever, for better or (at the time) for worse. What makes this battle so infamous is the drastic tonal shift from the rest of the franchise and the movie; The show was mostly based around classic cartoon antics, with such episodes based around Optimus Prime being rebuilt into an Alligator, Megatron building a Giant Purple Griffin, or the Decepticons getting stupid drunk on-screen.
When the movie came out, the gloves went off, and it became about war. For the first time, several fan-favorite characters were killed on screen, most of which in brutal fashion, with little or no respect to their legacies, as what war does. It was a scene so controversial it became a source of outcry for parents who took their kids to see the movie.
But, subsequently, it became one of the most iconic sequences in Transformers history, one that every fan of the original show has seen, and it often looked back one as influential for the rest of the franchise.

But, even regardless of that, the Battle of Autobot City also served as the first ever duel to the death between Optimus Prime and Megatron, a fight that lead to one of the most infamous killings of a fictional character to ever take place in media. I don't exaggerate on any of this; This movie was that important to the brand at the time, and Autobot City essentially became the Transformers equivalent to The Battle of Helm's Deep from Lord of the Rings.

But I digress. The city in full view looks like this:
Where-as the Cybertron stage has the war taking place in the background, Autobot City will force the player into the conflict. Numerous defenses from around the city, name laser turrets and manual operated cannons used in the movie, will fire at the players in the midst of the fight. Optimus' shuttle can be seen flying in the background as he enters the fight, and various characters present for the battle would also cameo in the background!
Ultra Magnus
Springer
The Insecticons
Devastator
Blaster (& Cassettes)
The Dinobots
Astrotrain
Thundercracker
Hell, some of these guys could even attack the players from the background! Why not?

The fight will also go through day and night cycles, just as it did in the movie, and as more shots are fired, smoke can start rising from afar.
Here is the fight itself, with clips taken from the movie. It's not the whole scene, mind you; Various events taking place outside the city and leading up to it are cut out, but this is the center of the fight in the city itself; This also includes the very famous Optimus vs Megatron fight, hell probably the most famous fight they've ever had.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Grimlock
Hot Rod
Dinobot

Stage Submission:
1673985448414.jpeg

A Deception Raider in King Arthur’s Court
A stage based on quite possibly the most ludicrous episode premise from the G1 cartoon. In it, Spike, Warpath, Hoist, Starscream, Rumble, Ravage, and Ramjet accidentally stumble across a time portal during a bit Autobot/Deception battle in Britain. It transports the lot of them back to medieval times, where they engage in all sorts of hijinx with knights and two warring kings. It includes quite possibly the greatest scene in cartoon history, in which two knights engage in a jousting match… with one of them mounted on a robot tank, and the other mounted on a robot jet.

The stage I suggest takes place on the castle from the episode climax, like in the attached screenshot. A ton of knights, and of course the episode’s cast of starring Transformers (excluding any that may possibly join the playable cast) are fighting all around the stage’s platforms. Occasionally, the wizard Beorht will appear and use his magic to try and strike the fighters with lightning bolts.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Optimus Primal
2. Dinobot
3. Grimlock

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 39
The next Autobot/Maximal has been decided upon! In a huge, huge landslide vote, gaining double the amount of votes as second place, it's the bot you've all been asking for... the tyrannical King himself, Grimlock!
Congratulations to Megadoomer Megadoomer , and also to Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear , who nominated him on Day 1 of the thread! This certainly has been a long time coming.
Grimlock: 28
Hot Rod: 14
Arcee: 11
Optimus Primal: 6
Dinobot: 4
Jazz: 3
Prowl: 1
Unfortunately, Primal didn't rank very high. As he would say... that's just Prime.
On another note, this vote was quite insane! All of these nominations were really good and would have made a fitting 3rd Autobot, and the sheer amount of votes is astounding. Here's to hoping tomorrow's character job gets just as much interaction!
NEW VOTES
For Transformers stages, we have quite a few options, all of which reference different parts of the franchise in fantastic ways, and of course are also all set on Earth. Great!
Rank your Top 3, as usual, and I'm thinking 2 of these stages will make it in!
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate an Item based on Transformers!
Super self-explanatory; It just simply has to be an item from Transformers.
For this job, you can submit up to 2 items!

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. King Arthur's Court
2. Battle of Autobot City
3. Savage Land

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: TF Items
Energon Cube
The single biggest resource in Transformers lore: Energon. As the name suggests, it provides them with energy, serving as fuel for their technology and the lifeblood of their biology. Without Energon, the Transformers are surely destined to die out; Lucky for them, other planets tend to be full of it, but unfortunately they act as a pull to bring their war to other worlds.

In Hasbro Game Night Fight, Energon would be a healing item, similar to food in Smash. However, taking too much of it will cause the players to go dizzy, a reference to how drinking too much Energon can... make Transformers drunk. Hasbro, what?
With everything in consideration, this is one of the funniest scenes in the original cartoon.

The Requiem Blaster
One of the most powerful ancient relics in Transformers history. We have quite a handful of sword items and swordfighters, so a blaster is definitely in order!
This is based on the Transformers: Armada series, in which the Requiem Blaster is formed from 3 Mini-Cons!
In Hasbro GNF, 3 Mini-Cons would spawn across the fight and players will have to collect all 3 components to form the Requiem Blaster, in which they got one powerful shot before it's used up; It is essentially the Hasbro equivalent of Smash's Daybreak!
And let me tell you, this thing would pack a punch!
(Don't worry about Smokescreen, the series immediately undercuts his death by bringing him back!)

A couple other Items I considered if anyone's interested.
The Golden Disk
The Skyboom Shield
The Magnus Hammer
Photon Charge
Stasis Cuffs
Ratchet's EMP Generator

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Autobots, Roll Out!
2. King Arthur's Court
3. Savage Land

All really good stages.

Transformers Items:

Harpoon

270px-Longtoothdeadlyobsession.jpg

When this item is summoned, a fighter can simply give it a good throw at an opponent causing them to get damaged and it has a HUGE amount of knockback. A ranged, weapon item with immense power from the Transformers world.

Powermaster Torch

180px-Powermaster_Torch.jpg

This is an item used to destroy Decepticons. But, in Hasbro: Game Night Fight, you simply place the flashlight on the ground and allow your opponents to gain damage from the heat as well as gain a fire status which allows them to gain damage for a temporary time until the fire is gone.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. A Deception's Raid on King Arthur's Court
2. Battle on Autobot City
3. Autobots, Roll Out!

Transformers Item: Deception Brander

A stick that brands the Deception logo on Autobots to turn them to Autobots. When in your possession, you can brand the logo on your foes, poisoning them. If it was used on assists, it'll turn them to your side until they leave.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I forgot to vote in my last post. Whoops.

1. The Savage Land
2. Battle of Autobot City
3. Autobots, Roll Out!

The Savage Land is technically owned by Marvel, but I think we can combine elements of Dinobot Island with the Savage Land featured in Marvel's TF Comics! Grimlock got his T-Rex form from there, after all, and both are pretty interchangeable as is!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Transformers Item:
energon.jpg

Energon Mace
Although the fusion cannon is Megatron's more notable weapon, the leader of the Decepticons has many others.
Among the more infamous of his weapons is the Energon Mace.

Strangely, he only seems to use it when he is fighting Optimus Prime on a particular dam.
You know, when a gun turns into a robot two stories tall, and his fist that turns into a ball of energized spikes swinging from a chain, do you want to tell him he's calling it by the wrong name?

This would let you literally swing it around willy-nilly all over the place, whatever that means.
(Also, the chain would tangle up opponents and drag them close to you)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Transformers Item:
View attachment 366651
Energon Mace
Although the fusion cannon is Megatron's more notable weapon, the leader of the Decepticons has many others.
Among the more infamous of his weapons is the Energon Mace.
That reminds me, somebody needs to do a Megatron moveset soon.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll take a crack at it; It fits the theme of tomorrow's job anyway ;D

Top Bottom