• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Cy-Kill: Y(My favorite MCU character)
Frostine: N
Edgar: Y
Dragoon: N
Stretch Monster: Y
Mimic: Y
Ice Cream Soldier: Y

D

Deleted member

Yes to all

liliana_vess_by_solidgrafi_de0yjy2-pre.jpg

Liliana Vess
A Necromancer and Healer from Dominaria. Liliana is many centuries old, and made a contract with powerful demons for eternal youth, said contract being written in the markings on her skin. She'll manipulate those around her to her own ends, though has also had more heoric moments.

She's a pretty popular and major character in MTG, both in the lore and in fandom. She was dead for a bit but currrently plays a big role in the ongoing arc. She'd help us fill out the roster a bit more with another woman, another MTG rep and another more villainous character. But she's also just a good addition in general. Her being a Necromancer means she could have a really fun summoning based moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all the assists.

Wizards of The Coast Character:

Shobu Kirifuda (Duel Masters)

ezgif-5-930d136868.jpg

I do not know if this necessarily counts but I feel we should go for one of the more obscure Wizards of the Coast IPs. Duel Masters is a media franchise with a manga, anime, trading card game, etc. It is worth noting that in North America, the anime was licensed by Hasbro. Alongside this, the trading card game was licensed by Wizards of the Coast and in Japan, the cards are made by Takara Tomy.

The franchise does not get much releases in North America as it does in Japan so if this platfighter were to release in Japan, Kirifuda would be a solid rep that would gain more recognition praise there than here. It is also worth noting that Kirifuda is the longest running protagonist of the Duel Masters anime. For his moveset, he could probably have a shield break gimmick like the Duel Masters game itself by summoning mosters to attack and what not. I remember having a DVD of the anime (English dubbed) but never watched it/nor was interested in it when my mom gave me it as a Valentines Day gift many years ago. This pick would bring back an obscure memory of mine and represent some more of the obscure Wizards of The Coast IPs.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Cy-kill: Y
Frostine: Y
Edgar: Y
Dragoon: Y
Stretch Monster: Y
Mimic: Y
Ice Cream soldier: Y

Chandra Nalaar (Magic: the Gathering)
1673612796441.jpeg

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
For those struggling with inspiration for a character, here is a quick list of every released WotC IP and product.
There is quite a handful outside of D&D and Magic which even surprised me.

Remember, they only count if it's a Hasbro-owned IP. No Star Wars or NBA or similar submissions.

At the very bottom is the Fantasy Novels sections which cover all the biggest Campaign settings for D&D, so if you're looking for another Drizzt-type character that's your best bet.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 34
In a surprise turn of events, every assist nomination in this round received a majority yes vote! Congratulations to everyone who submitted one, as they'll now be a part of our assist line-up!
Mimic is my personal favorite of this bunch.
NEW VOTES
We didn't actually have a lot of WotC submission this round in comparison to the last - a bit of a bummer, but we do have enough for a proper vote! And this is also the first time we have a WotC character outside of D&D and Magic, so way to go gang!
We'll still be doing ranked voting, so vote for your Top 2 only, without placing your own in first! The Top 2 placements among these 4 will be added to the roster!
  1. Chandra
  2. Strahd
And moving on to today's jobs...
NEW JOBS
Every Friday is a stage job, and I figured we could keep the WotC theme going, so...

Job: Nominate a WotC Stage (not from the Forgotten Realms)
We'll be having another WotC stage round! And yes, you read the title of the job. This time locations from D&D's Forgotten Realms will not be allowed. Seems a little specific but I don't want to overload on just one campaign setting - this should also encourage picks outside of D&D in general, such as Megadoomer Megadoomer 's House on the Hill stage!
Forgotten Realms will be eligible in upcoming future rounds so don't worry about it going missing for too long.

Job: Nominate an item from a WotC property!
We actually don't have any items from D&D, Magic or the other properties! So I opt that this would be a good way to remedy that. There are countless ideas from this catalogue alone to pull from, so happy picking.
For now, just to avoid overlap, only 1 item per user, but if we don't get enough submissions I'll allow a second item submission tomorrow.

Movesets and Arcade Endings are open indefinitely for any character!

D

Deleted member

1. Strahd
2. Liliana

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Liliana
2. Shobu

Wizards of The Coast Stage:

RoboRally Widget Factory (RoboRally)

RoboRally_game_board_Avalon_Hill_version_2005.jpg

Basically, players fight on the board that resembles the widget factory in RoboRally. You fight on the conveyor belts and there are tons of hazards including the robots, laser beams, pits, crushers, etc. Occasionally, robots will be destroyed causing a huge KABOOM! so watch out because it could send you flying. Overall, a fun stage representing a more obscure board game made by Wizards of The Coast.

Wizards of The Coast Item:

Slot Machine (Vegas Showdown)

vshowdown2-1613x1140.jpg

Alright...I'm not too sure if this item is appropriate for Hasbro Game Night Fight but...basically, this item is a slot machine inspired by the board game Vegas Showdown. When used, the player can hold the B button to spin it and then stop it three times. Depending on what you get, you can get a weak item if you mismatch the objects or a super rare/strong item if you get all three 7s in a row! Basically, it's a RNG dependent item in the game.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Alright, I'm gonna do a little bit of a risque play here.

Job: WotC Stage
CASTLE RAVENLOFT
The primary dungeon of the original Ravenloft campaign, for which it is named after to begin with, and the residence of one Strahd Von Zarovich.
Setting in the center of his dark domain of Barovia, it acts as a fortress for Strahd's undead army and the ultimate challenge for any would be invaders.

An iconic locale within the Ravenloft campaign and D&D as a whole, especially outside of the Forgotten Realms, this feels very fitting to include right off the bat - no pun intended.

Job: WotC Item
The Holy Symbol of Ravenkind
A magical amulet round within Barovia that specializes in killing the undead - though in HGNF it can kill just about anyone.

A item with limited charges - up to five - that fires a beam of pure sunlight in any direction fired before expiring

The Sunsword
An ancient sword crafted specifically to kill the undead, hidden within the lands of Barovia.

Being a holy sword, it has radiant light that deals damage to anyone who is nearby it except the user; This is the equivalent of a status effect that builds percentage over time. It can also be used as a sword.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
You know it just hit me I don't actually have an idea for tomorrow's jobs.
Any suggestions?

If you're reading this you have to nominate an item
I would maybe say another obscure characters job maybe. Heck, I even think there should be jobs related to the preschool IPs Hasbro owns if there is enough since there is no content from that area of the brand. Just a few suggestions here.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I would maybe say another obscure characters job maybe. Heck, I even think there should be jobs related to the preschool IPs Hasbro owns if there is enough since there is no content from that area of the brand. Just a few suggestions here.
Character jobs are reserved for Monday and Thursday only so I won't be doing that tomorrow.
I will say, given how much space is on the roster, we won't need to do too many more character jobs at a fast pace anyway. I already planned out the final weeks and it should end the base roster off on a satisfying note with the eligible submissions.

A playskool-related job could be in the cards tomorrow, though. Thanks for the idea!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Shobu
2. Lilianna
You know it just hit me I don't actually have an idea for tomorrow's jobs.
Any suggestions?

If you're reading this you have to nominate an item
For job ideas I would suggest either fleshing out more of story mode(levels, plot,etc.) or a job on Action Figures.

Wizards of the Coast item: Omen Card(Betrayal on the House of the Hill)

If you select this, it'll give you a random buff or decrease in your stats for the rest of the battle.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Shobu
2. Lilianna

For job ideas I would suggest either fleshing out more of story mode(levels, plot,etc.) or a job on Action Figures.

Wizards of the Coast item: Omen Card(Betrayal on the House of the Hill)

If you select this, it'll give you a random buff or decrease in your stats for the rest of the battle.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Since you're here I did wanna ask if you wanted to resubmit Tomb of Horrors for this job

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 35
Gear up, travelers. New arrivals have joined the roster, and they are both deadly and merciless.

The darkest of WotC's multiverse has entered the fight, as voted by you all! In first place, with 10 points is...
Ruler of Barovia, scourge of the Dark Domain, and immortal evil himself, Strahd Von Zarovich of the Ravenloft campaign!
Glad to have another big name D&D character on board, especially one tied to his own campaign module rather than a novel series.

And, hailing from the planes of Magic: The Gather is our second place winner! At 8 points is...
The master necromancer from Dominaria, Liliana Vess, as nominated by @Darkonedagger! Congratulations!
I'm not too vested in Magic to know anything about it but she seems very important to the overall lore, so it's good to have her here as well!

This brings up our roster total up to 27! We're almost to the finish line!
Additionally, we now have 3 D&D Fighters and 2 Magic Fighters total; Both of these are very iconic IPs so it's satisfying to see their numbers boosted.
Now, moving on!
NEW VOTES
For our set of WotC Stages, we have the following:
With only 3 nominations, all filling out different niches, I won't be doing a ranked vote. Instead, it will be a yes or no vote; Simply just look over the stage and vote with either a "Yes" or a "No" to all 3, same as the items!
  1. Widget Factory: Y​
  2. Ravenloft: Y​
  3. Theros: Y​
NEW JOBS
Speaking of items, the job will be continuing today! This time you can nominate up to 2 items, though those who nominated yesterday have to stick with their previous submissions.
As for new jobs...

Job: Nominate PlaySkool content!
Now, what do I mean by content? Literally anything that isn't a fighter! If you have an idea for a stage, assist, item or whatever else that is from the PlaySkool brand, this job is exactly for that.

Job: Create an Action Figure bio (description) for the Playable Roster
We have not actually had any jobs on AFs since we added them, but since they're our primary collectible, I figure we better start now.
For simplicity's sake, all of the Playable Roster's Action Figures will be unlocked after beating Classic Mode. Now, with this aside, write a description for up to 3 fighters from the roster! These will be added to the front page as we go along

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any character are open indefinitely!
---​
Aaaand that about wraps it up for today. Additionally, this will be the last day of Week 5, meaning next week is, well, Week 6!
Now, there's a set of jobs I've spread out over the course of it's own week that I have been holding back for a while now. Originally I was set to premiere them in Week 4, and then moved it to Week 5 to better spread out the character jobs, but of course after the Break Week I decided to do re-organization to reignite the activity here. But, now that that's out the way I can finally get into this particular theme, and I am really excited to be able to do these jobs, finally!
You can all guess what it is in all likelihood but I won't be announcing it 'til tomorrow, so stay tuned.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all three stages.

PinkFlare PinkFlare Will I be able to nominate one more item although I already submitted one just to clarify?

Anywho, I have the perfect stage to represent Playskool that will be a resubmission:

Resubmitting Playskool Crib Rail Boat Toy and Playskool World (Playskool)

848e7d_a7d3588498d9488ab72b0bb63b3819e6mv2_d_4114_3325_s_4_2-scaled.jpg

I feel Playskool would be best represented via a stage with one of the older toys from the line. On this stage, you will fight on a wooden ship similar to this on the railing of a crib. The baby's hands function as hazards. In the background, you can see other Hasbro toys make an appearance as well. The stage is kind of small but fear not, some other Playskool toys will appear as additional platforms. Basically, a fun stage representing a subsidiary of Hasbro meant for preschoolers.

I will do descriptions maybe later.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Bio for the Cranium Gang: The Cranium Gang consists of the artistic Creative Cat, Word Worm who is good with words, the smart Data Head and drama performer Star performer. They were united due to their love of playing games. But nothing felt right. For every game they played, at least one person was feeling left out. So they decided to combine their talents and make their own game instead. That game was Cranium, the name which inspired the name for their group.
Origin: Cranium (1998)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
2nd Wizards of The Coast Item:

Monolith (Nexus Ops)

ezgif-2-26515274f1.jpg

I thought I would throw in more items from more of the Wizards of the Coast Board Game IPs. When this item is used, the fighter can hold it and place it on the ground. Thus, when used, it gives the fighter a temporary stat buff that is super advantageous similar to the role the Monolith plays in the Nexus Ops board game. The buffs will be random as well to feel similar to the Nexus Ops board game.

Action Figure Descriptions:

Tommy Oliver

Debut: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993)

Green with Evil: Part I (October 5th, 1993)

Simply known as one of the Power Rangers greats, Tommy Oliver has entered the Hasbro Game Night Fight! When he was first introduced in the Power Rangers universe, he was simply the new kid at Angel Grove High School. He was ordinary...until Rita Repulsa turned him into the evil Green Ranger. After the Mighty Morphin' team freed him from the spell, he has since then joined their team. Since then, he has gone on to wear many suits across various Power Rangers teams, even mentoring one himself! He even has gained a Master Morpher which contains all of his powers with the change of Power Coins. Simply put it, he's one morphinomenal ranger!

Play-Doh

Debut: 1930s (Wallpaper Cleaner)

1955 (Toy)

The toy that is fun to play with but not to eat, introducing Play-Doh! Quite simply, this anthropomorphic container being a Doh-Doh consists of dough that can be molded into just about whatever your imagination desires. From initally being used as a wallpaper cleaner to then being a toy for children, Play-Doh has provided children with imagination to create what their heart desires. Doh-Dohs also hail from Doh-Doh Island, a land where creativity can be sparked further! With its recognizable appearance and packaging, Play-Doh is sure to have fun right here at the Hasbro Game Night Fight!

Lord Licorice

Debut: Candy Land (1984)

While Candy Land has been a board game that has been around since 1949, the evil Lord Licorice came about 35 years later. This no-good, grumpy evildoer has been trying to take over Candy Land since forever! He's always up to some evil scheme to prevent those from trying to visit King Candy or even just treating you to some licorice! Even with him having a heart "as hard as rock candy" he's always a little clumsy. Regardless, those who visit Candy Land will always triumph over him. With his swordsmanship and cunning plans, Lord Licorice is sure to provide unsweetness here at the Hasbro Game Night Fight!

D

Deleted member

artifact.jpg

Behemoth Sledge (MTG)
A huge hammer. You only get one go with it. Slamming it into the ground will create a huge shockwave that will send foes flying. I picked a MTG item at random

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 36
It's Sunday, which means Week 5 is official over!! That also means today is gonna be reflection based jobs in between what I have planned next, so back to another more tranquil day. With that said there are a number of votes to wrap up so let's get started.

Oh I did almost forget to mention this but all 3 WotC stages are making it in! Congratulations to @Darkonedagger and AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Castle Ravenloft
RoboRally Widget Factory
Theros

Widget Factory looks very unique so I'm very glad to have it as a stage, especially if we were to go all the way with the Factory aesthetic. A Greek City is also very awesome.
And of course we have Not-Dracula's Castle here as well woohoo!
NEW VOTES
I don't know why I said a number of votes when there's only one but I digress.
Behold, the WotC items!
In case you're wondering, I did add the Sunsword as an edit.
Anyhow, as usual, vote yes or no for each item! For me it's a straight "Yes" to all 6; I especially like the ones not from D&D or Magic, though of course the best one here is the D20 Die.

Oh, for those who submitted Playskool content, it will be added by default! So congratulations AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear ! Rainbow Dash can now beat down Dracula with a worm!
That also means we added 4 stages in one shot... woah.
NEW JOBS
Open Discussion: How do you feel about Week 5?
This is an important topic to me so I would very much like to have this discussed.
Around the time I decided to put a break on thread I had quite a bit going on in my life; I did leave the thread as an afterthought for quite a while and that to me affected the way I ran it; Scheduling became sloppier and my enthusiasm wasn't there.
Week 5 is the first week since the thread returned so I want as much honest feedback on how you feel the week was ran and if anything needs to change. This is a thread I want to see through to the end so the feedback will always, always help.

Open Discussion: How are the additions to the roster?
When we last left the thread we ended on the Red Ranger. A very solid pick, so going from there how did the characters pick up to you?
In this week alone we had 4 new additions: Jem, Stretch, Strahd and Liliana, which I feel are all big names to have for their respective franchise legacies (or in Stretch's case he's extremely funny).
Also, by extensions, how do you feel about the characters jobs that were held? (The two being Hasbro and WotC). I recognize that there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm as before, for one reason or another, but I do want honest thoughts on the selection of categories, especially since these were both repeats of Week 1.

Job: Write a Reveal Trailer (or multiple) for a single character (each)!
I have no other criteria for this; This will essentially just serve equivalent to a normal Smash reveal trailer in which only 1 major fighter is revealed.

Movesets and Arcade Endings are open indefinitely for any character!
---​
Aaaand that about wraps it up for Week 5!! Which means next is going into Week 6, and boy oh boy.
I did say both that this is a themed week and that it was a long-time coming, and now it is finally, finally time for me to reveal it, after pushing it back twice for various reasons. But regardless it's coming at a good, hell even perfect, time.
And, uh, I don't know if anyone looked at the first post, but I left a very obvious hint in there, so if you saw it you probably know what the next jobs are!

Anyhow, I did promise to show what the theme is so...
(Oh spoilers for the 1986 movie I guess)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The weapon is a slegde hammer but it is very funny to see everyone say sluge

Top Bottom