• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Peppa Pig

It'd be funny. But in all seriousness, I feel Peppa has enough iconic imagery and hobbies to build a moveset out of - and if this were a real game she'd probably be the "wouldn't it be funny if..." fan pick so may as well get it out of the way.
wop wop
Wario Wario Wario thinks including Peppa in the game would be funny. Wario Wario Wario feels that Peppa has enough iconic imagery and hobbies to build a moveset out of, and if Hasbo: Game Night Fight were a real video game, Peppa would probably be the "wouldn't it be funny if..." fan pick so Wario Wario Wario thinks we may as well lget it out of the way.
falls on the floor laughing

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think my last character nomination for the base game will also be my first character nomination for the base game:

It was Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe!

From what I can tell, Hasbro owns Clue, so I figure he's eligible for this. Clue has several different characters and no main character (as far as I can tell - for all I know, Clue has some really deep lore to it), so I went with Colonel Mustard, mostly due to the mustache.

His attacks could involve comedically investigating (and attacking people in the process) or sneakily trying to attack people with the various weapons from Clue.
Colonel Mustard from Clue! My description is in the quoted post; I'm not sure which major properties we're missing, so I figured I'd nominate one of the ones that I'm familiar with.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Quick update but there is going to be a change of plans for tomorrow's jobs

The Costume jobs and Guest discussion will be moved to tomorrow, and the stage job I was planning will swap with them to be Wednesday's jobs. It didn't really hit me that the theme for the stages works way better after the roster is complete, and it's the final stage job anyway, so middle of the week works way better.

Also, I will say, if anybody wanted to nominate Action Man, feel free to do so. I'm looking into other characters right now, so unless AM isn't nominated I will likely submit someone else

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Hi! Sorry I'm late this time around, I completely missed the job somehow. (damn pings not pinging!) Anyway, time to go with someone - or, rather, something - a bit weird and wacky!

Character Name: Bop-It!
Character Origin: Bop-It! Classic (1996)

Okay, so this probably seems really out of left field, and whilst I did consider resubmitting Miss Twister, I felt like this would be a more iconic and interesting character overall. Bear in mind - Bop-It! is one of Hasbro's most iconic properties out there, and something that's rare in that it's near-universally recognisable. Representing it here feels like a natural - but still odd - choice, a little like how Wii Fit Trainer feels fitting in Smash. (Also, it's a rare W for Hasbro's electronic toys - considering the competition here is, uh, Tiger Electronics.)

My concept for this is that the main character you play as is a silhouette-like person, holding a Bop-It!. (This is in reference to the modern box art.) Each one is stark white in colour, but has differently coloured hair and clothes - albeit in block shading. (These colours correspond to various Bop-It! module colours.) Also, half of the alts have female designs - the other half male.

However, the Bop-It! is implied to be literally controlling that person - as you input moves, the Bop-It! will speak a corresponding command. As such, the character's voicelines are basically the slightly bitcrushed Bop-It! voices! Maybe the person is a Bop-It! champion, or maybe they're literally possessed - but all the win quotes and actual side content surrounding Bop-It! refers exclusively to the toy itself, suspiciously leaving out any mention of its victim... spoooky.

For instance, inputting a dash attack would have the character do a pirouette and dash forward, whilst Bop-It! commands them to "Spin it!", or alternately, it's possible for the Bop-It! modules to appear in larger sizes at times (so Flick It!, for instance, could grow in size from the Bop-It! for a forward tilt and flick opponents away, or Spin It! could act as a neutral air of some kind.) It's also possible for the Bop-It! itself to change between various forms - such as the stick one and the ball one - but by default, it's in its classic Bop-It! Extreme! appearance. Most of the character's moves (if not all) should correspond to a command given in at least one official Bop-It! game, physical or digital.

It's really a bit of a weird concept, but I feel like it'd be a really fun and refreshing way to represent one of Hasbro's most iconic toys out there whilst actually giving it a means of fighting that feels fairly natural, if inspired! Also, having Bop-It! as a semi-villainous presence... just seems like a lot of fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

R.jpeg

Cavity Sam

The patient from the iconic board game Operation. I think having a "they added them?" character in the style of WFT and Duck Hunt would be good. He'd look like his does on the box, pink boxer shorts and all. I bet most people don't even know he has a name. He'd have an unorthodox gameplay style where different parts are taken form him' giving him different effect, kinda like Shulk's Monado arts.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Day 51: Hasbro Character
ACTION MAN
Franchise: Action Man
Who is Action Man?
Action Man is the U.K. equivalent of G.I. Joe, licensed in 1966 by Palitoy. Alongside G.I. Joe, these two are considered the world's first action figures, marking them as huge shifts in the toy industry across the world. Whilst G.I. Joe focused on a military theme that would then be rebranded into A Real American Hero in 1983, Action Man was a jack-of-all trades:
Space Rangers, Sailors, Jungle Adventurers, you name it! The legacy of Action Man was steadily built up over time.

His biggest break yet, however, would be in 1993, as the IP was rebranded into a spy-based thriller - a change highlighted by a brand new TV show, mixing both animated and live-action elements
Just 5 years later, in the 2000s, Action Man would see another revamp into a Xtreme Sports IP - a bizarre departure from the spy thriller, but not unfounded given the action figure's roots.
Both of these were followed by a toyline playing off of the show's premise, and even several different video games, perhaps quite a lot given the IP!

The spy thriller would continue to be a major aspect of Action Man into the modern day; In the 2016, the series was brought back by IDW Publishing and folded into their Shared Hasbro Universe, focused around their Transformers comics. A terrible idea, of course, but Action Man saw a return as a Mission: Impossible type IP, with new comics published within this universe (utulizing the original 60's logo, as well)!

Just to put a cherry on top of all of this; an Action Man figure was sent into space for his 50th anniversary, as part of a kickstarter campaign done to celebrate the figure.

Becoming both a media franchise and a staple of action figures, Action Man is a vital part of Hasbro history that deserves representation on this roster, and I'll be shooting for him right out of the gate!

Possible Moveset
Action Man has a variety of different appearances to pull moves from - whilst the Spy inspiration would be the best way to go, a mix of Xtreme sports, jungle adventuring, space voyaging and a little bit of Baywatch would go a long way to make a wholly unique moveset that you would not see elsewhere; Some more direct Action figure inspired attacks, referencing revolutionary features such as gripping-hands and figure construction, could definitely add a boost of creativity that would otherwise not be present on any other Hasbro character that would likely see nomination.

For those who are interested, a far more comprehensive history of Action Man, straight from the source, can be found here!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 52
Apologies for the delay, I only just got off of work. But, now that I'm here we can get this underway.
NEW VOTE
Not our final vote, but our final vote for playable characters (base game). Totally the last one. Honestly. Believe me.
In any case, you're all waiting eagerly for this so...
What a line up.
Okay, let's cut straight to the chase. Rank your Top 3 characters, and your own cannot be in first.
As said before, the top 3 winners will be joining the roster.
NEW JOBS
Since the jobs are starting so late, they'll be open today and all day tomorrow.

Open Discussion: What type of Guest characters should be included?
I feel like the obvious answer to this is "Other toy characters", because duh.
BUT there is a couple different avenues we can go down and it will determine what the future jobs will be for DLC.

Firstly: Should there be a limit to how mamy Guest Characters we have?
I'm honestly leaning towards no, since we've run through a lot of Hasbro character as is. It's an easy way to fill up our DLC with star power, and of course a number of Hasbro characters will still be present. But, is that something y'all wanna see? Should we only have 1 or 2 guest characters per season/DLC batch?

Secondly: What limits on the type of Guests will there be?
We could easily just go no holds barred and do any fictional character, but that might get out of hand.
Rival companies such as Mattel and Lego have obvious candidates and would fit right in, but there are several other route for this.
We could do Guest characters based on licenses Hasbro has right now: Marvel, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Fortnite, the NBA. A meriad of iconic connections with connections to Hasbro's biggest action figure lines right now.
We could also do franchises that have crossed over with Hasbro before, OR stick to general 80's/90's brands that come about around the same time as Hasbro properties. Thundercacts, TMNT, Voltron, Gundam, Ghostbusters (again), and of course various Mattel properties.

I'm gonna leave the options open here, but any thoughts you want to have on Guests, now is the time to share it.

Job: Nominate a Costume (Default or Atlernate) for up to 2 Characters
Today I will officially be starting the revamped costume jobs!
How will this work? It's essentially similar to Multiversus, in that there aren't alternate colors but available model swaps for every character, which are added progressively throughout the course of the game.
HGNF is not Games-as-a-Service but we will be adopting a similar system. Larger Costume Packs are definitely happening for DLC as well, so if any costumes get missed out on during the base game, don't worry.

Starting us off with our 3 founding characters...
Classic Animation
Gen. 1 Twilight
Lord Drakkon (Unlockable)
This is essentially a example of what the costume system will be.
All these costumes will be included as is, so G1 Optimus, G1 Twilight and Drakkon will not be available for submission; Not that it should matter because there's a whole heaping amount of options for all 3, and for several other characters.

Since not everyone has their default set yet, you can submit a default costume in addition to an atlernate costume. Most defaults are kind of obvious though, so imagine there won't be much debate.
And don't worry if there is overlap with certain characters; we can vote it out later.

With that in place, the costume jobs are now also open!

Movesets and Arcade Endings for the roster are open indefinitely!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Bop-It
2. Peppa Pig
3. Matt Trakker

All excellent nominations for sure. Choosing a top 3 was tough to be honest.

Further Talk on Guest Characters

Should There Be A Limit?

As if Hasbro characters will still be in the spotlight, I would say no. I am totally fine with guest characters, as long as they don't get too out of hand and open the floodgates. I would say maybe...2 per DLC batch. It depends on how many DLC characters we decide to have in total to be honest. But, I'm fine with whatever.

What Kind of Guest Characters Should We Have?

I already spoke about this before previously but I feel we should do a job for each of the ideas PinkFlare PinkFlare said.

Jobs related to/involving all are fine with me:

• A character from a Mattel/LEGO/SpinMaster/IP
  • A character from a franchise heavily affiliated with Hasbro like Marvel, Star Wars, Fortnite, etc.
  • A character from a franchise that has crossed over with a Hasbro brand like Street Fighter, Cobra Kai, etc.
  • A character from an 80s/90s brand driven by toys
I feel we should do one from each character potentially. Maybe even a job just for Mattel IPs and LEGO IPs since they are so iconic and bring a HUGE chunk of content. The possibilites are endless for guest characters in this game for sure. Basically, it's everything I said before but expanded.

Costume Nominations:

Jennifer Scotts Alternate Costume

Her Alternate Costume from Power Rangers: Battle for The Grid

351px-JEN_2.png

Mr. Monopoly Alternate Costume

All silver as a reference to the color of the Monopoly game pieces

8b40a0d0f514d5d1aaec829adeda4c2c.jpg

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Bop-it(If we can't have Jenga on Jenga then bop it on Bop it will have to do.)
2. Wadsworth
3. Peppa Pig

Alt. Costumes:
Bumblebee: Animated
Stretch Armstrong: Netflix Design

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Colonel Mustard
2. Action Man
3. Peppa Pig

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Colonel Mustard. I think Clue's in a good spot when it comes to representation, the context behind Mustard's inclusion feels fun, and as much as I love Tim Curry it feels reasonable (to me at least) to go with a veteran.
2. Cavity Sam. He'd be very funny. That seems good to me!
3. Action Man. Action Man. Action Man. Action Man. Action M

(Honourable mention to Trakker though!)

I feel like having a hard limit on guest fighters isn't a good idea, but at the same time, I do fear the entire DLC roster would be filled with guest fighters as a result. Nonetheless, I think we can take it as it comes. Having at least a couple of Hasbro characters in the DLC roster feels reasonable.

In terms of specific jobs, again, I think it's mostly a matter of what makes sense - though I think the way jobs are presented will be important to consider. For instance, a purely Mattel-themed job would inevitably result in either He-Man or Barbie - likewise, "IPs Hasbro is working with now" would probably end up resulting in either Darth Vader or Spider-Man (or possibly Wolverine in a big upset, who knows!) There's a lot of potential, but I think making sure jobs are open enough to give their subjects room to breathe would be important too, mostly just because there's quite a lot of "obvious" picks in cases like this.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Finally decided to put in my votes
  1. Matt Trakker
  2. Action Man
  3. Peppa Pig
M.A.S.K. seems well overdue for a character at this point, so I'm putting my bias aside and giving Matt the #1.
Peppa is my #3 as she is definitely iconic and I think is the best possible route for a joke character that we have left.
I almost voted for Chandra and Colonel Mustard as well. Perhaps for DLC...

Before anyone mentions today's jobs... I'll post them sometime in the next half-hour to an hour. Any last minute votes or vote changes can be cashed in during this time.
Also, I'm gonna work on a separate post dedicated to archiving all of the Costumes, including the defaults. This should make it easier for these types of jobs going forward.

Further Talk on Guest Characters

Should There Be A Limit?

As if Hasbro characters will still be in the spotlight, I would say no. I am totally fine with guest characters, as long as they don't get too out of hand and open the floodgates. I would say maybe...2 per DLC batch. It depends on how many DLC characters we decide to have in total to be honest. But, I'm fine with whatever.

What Kind of Guest Characters Should We Have?

I already spoke about this before previously but I feel we should do a job for each of the ideas PinkFlare PinkFlare said.

Jobs related to/involving all are fine with me:

• A character from a Mattel/LEGO/SpinMaster/IP
  • A character from a franchise heavily affiliated with Hasbro like Marvel, Star Wars, Fortnite, etc.
  • A character from a franchise that has crossed over with a Hasbro brand like Street Fighter, Cobra Kai, etc.
  • A character from an 80s/90s brand driven by toys
I feel we should do one from each character potentially. Maybe even a job just for Mattel IPs and LEGO IPs since they are so iconic and bring a HUGE chunk of content. The possibilities are endless for guest characters in this game for sure. Basically, it's everything I said before but expanded.
Having dedicated Mattel and LEGO jobs seems like a great idea. Honestly I think those two could make up their own seasons worth of characters... and I'm tempted to not have a limit for guest DLC as is. 2 per Batch sounds like a good compromise though, even if I would like to go all the way with it.
Not entirely sure on doing a separate job for each type of crossover though. I kinda want to stick to one theme and mine it all out instead of just lightly scratching the surface of each one.

Alt. Costumes: For 8 out of 22 Fighters
Megatron: Prime
Cranium Gang: Classic
Bumblebee: Animated
Stretch Armstrong: Netflix Design
Jem: 2015 Film
Mr. Potato Head: Classic
Starscream: Prime
Soundwave; Cyberton
Try to only pick 2; 8 is too much for the job
Also keep in mind that these costumes should generally match the shape and structure of the Default design. I'm not sure how well a Jet Megatron will apply to the Tank Megatron that we have.
I feel like having a hard limit on guest fighters isn't a good idea, but at the same time, I do fear the entire DLC roster would be filled with guest fighters as a result. Nonetheless, I think we can take it as it comes. Having at least a couple of Hasbro characters in the DLC roster feels reasonable.

In terms of specific jobs, again, I think it's mostly a matter of what makes sense - though I think the way jobs are presented will be important to consider. For instance, a purely Mattel-themed job would inevitably result in either He-Man or Barbie - likewise, "IPs Hasbro is working with now" would probably end up resulting in either Darth Vader or Spider-Man (or possibly Wolverine in a big upset, who knows!) There's a lot of potential, but I think making sure jobs are open enough to give their subjects room to breathe would be important too, mostly just because there's quite a lot of "obvious" picks in cases like this.
I'm 50/50 on it. I think the worst case scenario would just be dedicated Hasbro jobs here and then but otherwise having not a lot of restrictions against Guests in the other jobs. I do think we rounded up a ton of major Hasbro Icons as is, so my main concern is filling up the DLC with Guest Icons and sprinkling in the leftover requests for Hasbro, so that would pretty much result in what you said with us taking it as it comes.

This criticism about specific jobs makes a lot of sense to me, though. It would be pointless to have incredibly open jobs like that only for the obvious ones to get in- and yeah this is something some base game jobs suffered with but for Guest Characters where we're ciphering through a whole heap of franchises in a single blow, as opposed to the more series-&-category specific jobs from the base game, it is something to consider.

On that note, I was also thinking of not doing themes and just doing full-on Wildcard seasons, following a similar gimmick used in other threads where characters can't be renominated by the same person in a given season. No restrictions with guests allowed - But I can imagine this getting hectic fast, and I can definitely see major Hasbro characters or just needed representation-gaps getting left in the dust this way.
Perhaps the first (or first two) seasons could be themed and the last one is no holds barred. Though that depends on how many seasons we have.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Finally decided to put in my votes
  1. Matt Trakker
  2. Action Man
  3. Peppa Pig
M.A.S.K. seems well overdue for a character at this point, so I'm putting my bias aside and giving Matt the #1.
Peppa is my #3 as she is definitely iconic and I think is the best possible route for a joke character that we have left.
I almost voted for Chandra and Colonel Mustard as well. Perhaps for DLC...

Before anyone mentions today's jobs... I'll post them sometime in the next half-hour to an hour. Any last minute votes or vote changes can be cashed in during this time.
Also, I'm gonna work on a separate post dedicated to archiving all of the Costumes, including the defaults. This should make it easier for these types of jobs going forward.

Having dedicated Mattel and LEGO jobs seems like a great idea. Honestly I think those two could make up their own seasons worth of characters... and I'm tempted to not have a limit for guest DLC as is. 2 per Batch sounds like a good compromise though, even if I would like to go all the way with it.
Not entirely sure on doing a separate job for each type of crossover though. I kinda want to stick to one theme and mine it all out instead of just lightly scratching the surface of each one.

Try to only pick 2; 8 is too much for the job
Also keep in mind that these costumes should generally match the shape and structure of the Default design. I'm not sure how well a Jet Megatron will apply to the Tank Megatron that we have.

I'm 50/50 on it. I think the worst case scenario would just be dedicated Hasbro jobs here and then but otherwise having not a lot of restrictions against Guests in the other jobs. I do think we rounded up a ton of major Hasbro Icons as is, so my main concern is filling up the DLC with Guest Icons and sprinkling in the leftover requests for Hasbro, so that would pretty much result in what you said with us taking it as it comes.

This criticism about specific jobs makes a lot of sense to me, though. It would be pointless to have incredibly open jobs like that only for the obvious ones to get in- and yeah this is something some base game jobs suffered with but for Guest Characters where we're ciphering through a whole heap of franchises in a single blow, as opposed to the more series-&-category specific jobs from the base game, it is something to consider.

On that note, I was also thinking of not doing themes and just doing full-on Wildcard seasons, following a similar gimmick used in other threads where characters can't be renominated by the same person in a given season. No restrictions with guests allowed - But I can imagine this getting hectic fast, and I can definitely see major Hasbro characters or just needed representation-gaps getting left in the dust this way.
Perhaps the first (or first two) seasons could be themed and the last one is no holds barred. Though that depends on how many seasons we have.
didn't know I'll change it

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 53
Holy sh*t y'all we've reached the end of the base game roster. It was an 8 week long Trip, but as of today, our final characters are here!
Since this did take a while to post I won't be going into a whole eulogy; Straight onward with the votes!

In first place, at 19 points, and you all probably know which character this is; I've been gunning for him since Day 1, and now, 53 days later, he's joining the roster!
Action Man is now joining the roster, as nominated by PinkFlare PinkFlare , AKA Me!
Definitely a legacy pick if I ever saw one; Being the brother line to G.I. Joe and one of the first ever fully expanded action figure lines, I'd say this character needed to be on here.

In second place, at 12 points, is a hugely iconic character that, somehow, Hasbro owns! The bane of the Lucina's existence, it's none other than...
Peppa Pig, nominated by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ! The Peppa series was in the nomination circulation since Day 1 due to Wario, and now 53 Days in the series' main character is officially playable!
This was definitely more of an inevitability than anything. If HGNF were to ever get a meme pick, this is the perfect one!

Edit:
There was a last minute vote change regarding 3rd place: Very climatic, honestly, I like it! This will be sorted out via a Strawpoll
Vote for who you think deserves it the most!

Now, obviously there was quite a bit of a gap between 1st place and 2nd place. Truth be told, it was an incredibly close race between 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and one character missed out by a single point. The one that didn't miss out, at 11 points, is coming as a bit of a surprise for me, though:
2078999_R_SET-removebg-preview.png
Bop-It is now officially joining the roster, as nominated by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 !
I'm not really a fan of inanimate objects as playable character, but Bop-It is the most interesting one in that category for sure!

And with that, our roster is now officially complete. A total 36 35 characters from the Hasbro line-up, spanning across different series! I'll be making a separate post dedicated to the completion of the roster in particular, so stay tuned, but these are our final 3!
Action Man: 19
Peppa Pig: 12
Bop-It: 11
Colonel Mustard: 10
Matt Trakker: 7
Zoe Trent: 5
Cavity Sam: 3
Wadsworth: 3
Chandra Nalaar: 2
Duke: 0
Unfortunately Mustard missed out just a bit, and Trakker didn't quite make it either. Both are definitely huge legacy picks I feel, so slightly disappointing, but I'm very content with the 3 who did make it!
I also definitely wish some other characters got to see nomination in the final round; I would've definitely voted for Microman or Baron Karza as playable. Perhaps for DLC!

Now, moving on to the stage job for today...
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate Default & Alternate Costumes for up to 2 Characters!
Same job from yesterday, still being kept open. If you have any ideas, especially for the new characters, now is the time!

I did forget to mention yesterday, but costumes that swap out the character for someone else are eligible. Not much different from Jake/Cake in Multiversus, and moreover you can just assume costumes can get their own voicelines when needed. I know we definitely have a lot of eligible picks for that, so go crazy. I don't know much about PR but a Rocky skin for Jason would be an example, assuming the former took the latter's abilities.

Job: Nominate a Stage directly linked to a Playable Character!
This will be our final stage job, rounding out everything we've done so far. I wanted to wait until the new characters join to pin down the specific new universe, and now that they're here, we can get a move on with this!

So, what do I mean by "linked to a playable character"? Basically, a dedicated home stage to a character on the roster. Preferably, this would be a location that the character has been to, has a history with, or just represents an iconic/eventful adventure they've been on.
Several characters already have such a stage, such as Snake Eyes having the Arashikage Dojo... so, to highlight the characters that don't have one:
  • Mr. Potato Head​
  • Jace Beleren​
  • Drizzt Do'Urden​
  • Rainbow Dash​
  • Play-Doh​
  • Rom​
  • Cranium Gang​
  • Jem​
  • Stretch Armstrong​
  • Lilian Vess​
  • Pinkie Pie​
  • Jennifer Scotts​
  • Action Man​
  • Peppa Pig​
Keep in mind, it is not required for every character to have a stage, especially in some cases where one just isn't possible. But plenty of these do, and I definitely want to get these stages in!
A quick example for some of these would be Rom having The Dark Nebula, or Drizzt and Menzoberranzan. Characters that also already have a stage will still be eligible; There are multiple TF stages but if somebody wanted to get more specific and give Grimlock a Savage Land home stage, or Starscream a Throne Room stage, you're more than welcome to.
In any case, the options are wide open for this, so good luck!

This job will be running tomorrow as well, since it started so late, so don't worry if you can't get one in today!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Costume Nominations:

Jem Alternate Costume

Her 2015 Movie Appearance

Unknown.jpeg

Action Man Alternate Costume

Outfit based on Silver Speeder Driver

-p-image-335014-grande.jpg

Stage Linked to Playable Character

Doh-Doh Island (Play-Doh)

12947576744_5b215c8f2e_b.jpg

Based on the old playset from Play-Doh as well as recieving a direct-to-home video series comes Doh-Doh Island. Basically, you get a tour of the island and pass by locations such as the volcano, that bowling ally seen in Doh-Doh Island Adventures. The characters like Mot, Twango, Flange, etc. cameo in the background. This stage would have a Hollow Bastion-esque layout if that has not been done yet making this stage competitively legal since Play-Doh is a super iconic Hasbro brand. I'm super surprised no one has nominated this yet as the Play-Doh stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol I updated my votes just before this went out. My bad. You don't need to count it.

Can't say I'm super into bop-it as a fighter but it is what it is. Peppa and Action Man are overdue though.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I think it's very climactic that the very final character is left to a tiebreaker poll. Definitely ups the stakes in the room here.

If any chaos breaks out I'll be here for it. With popcorn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

089cbad34b1f8b47eebfef29b0e6a67a.jpg

Star Stage (Jem)

Based on a classic Jem playset, and also on conecerts in general. Players fight on a stage with lights and microphones and a big piano in the middle. Standing on the key will play notes. The holograms play in the background.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Cranium Gang stage: Cranium Board
A Side scrolling level on the Cranium game board. Sometimes certain icons based on the gang will appear increasing a stat for the players for a certain amount of time

Alt. Costume Ideas: (Default should be the image on the main post for both)
Movie Ver. for Colonel Mustard
G1 for Pinkie Pie

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
DAY 53
Holy sh*t y'all we've reached the end of the base game roster. It was an 8 week long Trip, but as of today, our final characters are here!
Since this did take a while to post I won't be going into a whole eulogy; Straight onward with the votes!

In first place, at 19 points, and you all probably know which character this is; I've been gunning for him since Day 1, and now, 53 days later, he's joining the roster!
Action Man is now joining the roster, as nominated by PinkFlare PinkFlare , AKA Me!
Definitely a legacy pick if I ever saw one; Being the brother line to G.I. Joe and one of the first ever fully expanded action figure lines, I'd say this character needed to be on here.

In second place, at 12 points, is a hugely iconic character that, somehow, Hasbro owns! The bane of the Lucina's existence, it's none other than...
Peppa Pig, nominated by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ! The Peppa series was in the nomination circulation since Day 1 due to Wario, and now 53 Days in the series' main character is officially playable!
This was definitely more of an inevitability than anything. If HGNF were to ever get a meme pick, this is the perfect one!

Edit:
There was a last minute vote change regarding 3rd place: Very climatic, honestly, I like it! This will be sorted out via a Strawpoll
Vote for who you think deserves it the most!

Now, obviously there was quite a bit of a gap between 1st place and 2nd place. Truth be told, it was an incredibly close race between 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and one character missed out by a single point. The one that didn't miss out, at 11 points, is coming as a bit of a surprise for me, though:
Bop-It is now officially joining the roster, as nominated by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 !
I'm not really a fan of inanimate objects as playable character, but Bop-It is the most interesting one in that category for sure!

And with that, our roster is now officially complete. A total 36 35 characters from the Hasbro line-up, spanning across different series! I'll be making a separate post dedicated to the completion of the roster in particular, so stay tuned, but these are our final 3!
Action Man: 19
Peppa Pig: 12
Bop-It: 11
Colonel Mustard: 10
Matt Trakker: 7
Zoe Trent: 5
Cavity Sam: 3
Wadsworth: 3
Duke: 0
Unfortunately Mustard missed out just a bit, and Trakker didn't quite make it either. Both are definitely huge legacy picks I feel, so slightly disappointing, but I'm very content with the 3 who did make it!
I also definitely wish some other characters got to see nomination in the final round; I would've definitely voted for Microman or Baron Karza as playable. Perhaps for DLC!

Now, moving on to the stage job for today...
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate Default & Alternate Costumes for up to 2 Characters!
Same job from yesterday, still being kept open. If you have any ideas, especially for the new characters, now is the time!

I did forget to mention yesterday, but costumes that swap out the character for someone else are eligible. Not much different from Jake/Cake in Multiversus, and moreover you can just assume costumes can get their own voicelines when needed. I know we definitely have a lot of eligible picks for that, so go crazy. I don't know much about PR but a Rocky skin for Jason would be an example, assuming the former took the latter's abilities.

Job: Nominate a Stage directly linked to a Playable Character!
This will be our final stage job, rounding out everything we've done so far. I wanted to wait until the new characters join to pin down the specific new universe, and now that they're here, we can get a move on with this!

So, what do I mean by "linked to a playable character"? Basically, a dedicated home stage to a character on the roster. Preferably, this would be a location that the character has been to, has a history with, or just represents an iconic/eventful adventure they've been on.
Several characters already have such a stage, such as Snake Eyes having the Arashikage Dojo... so, to highlight the characters that don't have one:
  • Mr. Potato Head​
  • Jace Beleren​
  • Drizzt Do'Urden​
  • Rainbow Dash​
  • Play-Doh​
  • Rom​
  • Cranium Gang​
  • Jem​
  • Stretch Armstrong​
  • Lilian Vess​
  • Pinkie Pie​
  • Jennifer Scotts​
  • Action Man​
  • Peppa Pig​
Keep in mind, it is not required for every character to have a stage, especially in some cases where one just isn't possible. But plenty of these do, and I definitely want to get these stages in!
A quick example for some of these would be Rom having The Dark Nebula, or Drizzt and Menzoberranzan. Characters that also already have a stage will still be eligible; There are multiple TF stages but if somebody wanted to get more specific and give Grimlock a Savage Land home stage, or Starscream a Throne Room stage, you're more than welcome to.
In any case, the options are wide open for this, so good luck!

This job will be running tomorrow as well, since it started so late, so don't worry if you can't get one in today!
You skipped my vote for Chandra -.-

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
COSTUME ARCHIVE
Here is the official Costume Archive for Hasbro Game Night Fight!
This post will continuously be updated as more costumes are added, and will be linked to the front page post (eventually) to archive all of the costumes we are adding.
(I would do this on the front post itself but it is already very image heavy).
Evergreen (Default)
Classic Animation
Pepsi Convoy
Shattered Glass
Gen. 4 Alicorn (Default)
Gen. 1 Twilight
Future Twilight Sparkle
Might Morphin' Green Ranger (Default)
Lord Drakkon
Mighty Morphin' White Ranger
Modern (Default)
Silver-Coated
Jailed
Mr. Monopoly
Classified (Default)
Rise of Cobra
Real American Hero
Mr. Potato Head (Default)
Mrs. Potato Head
Legendary Traveler (Default)
Armored Warrior
G-Revolution (Default)​
Hasbro Garb​
Evergreen (Default)
Classic Animation
Animated
Shattered Glass
Evergreen (Default)
Classic Animation
Generation 2
Shattered Glass
Classified (Default)
Hooded
Mighty Morphin'
2017 Movie
Gen 4. (Default)
Wonderbolts
Gen. 4 (Default)
Pirate
Modern Cup (Default)
Classic Cup
Play-Doh_Original_Canister-removebg-preview.png
Modern (Default)
The Great Lollipop Adventure
Hasbro/IDW (Default)
Marvel
Default​
Purple​
Mighty Morphin'
Guardian
Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger (Default)
Drakkon-Command
Pop Star (Default)
Glamrock
First Release (Default)
Flex Flighters
Dark Lord (Default)
Prince
Evergreen (Default)
Shattered Glass
r_grimlock066-removebg-preview.png
Evergreen (Defautlt)​
Shattered Glass​
Evergreen (Default)​
Shattered Glass​
Gen. 4 (Default)
Gen. 1 Surprise
Time Force Pink Ranger (Default)
Black-Tint
Wild Force
Kimberly Hart: Mighty Morphin' Pink Ranger
Hasbro/IDW (Default)
Silver Speeder Diver
Action Soldier
Peppa Pig (Default)
Fairy
14-145921_peppa-pig-fairy-png-fairy-peppa-pig-removebg-preview.png
Yellow Suit (Default)
1985 Movie
Classic (Default)
Ultimate Evil Lord of Destruction
Terror Claws
omx6rml7pddtaxbqc768_1890ae4d-2992-4de9-8f0e-5e7dbb5f205b-removebg-preview.png
M212 Mason (Default)
Lady Command
M001 Arom
unnamed__1_-removebg-preview (1).png
Acroyear [Micronauts]
Evergreen (Default)
455px-Quidd-evergreen-Shockwave-robot-mode-removebg-preview.png
Animated

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Resubbing Windy Castle
Windy Castle

A stage from Peppa Pig, which has a very simple layout that follows the iconic hill geometry of the Peppa Pig universe. You can see Potato City and Peppa's house in the background - if you look extremely closely, you may see a flying dragon in the background (more hidden like the Smash 64 cameos, given it is a dragon in a mundane world after all)
View attachment 365343
(There is a floor at the bottom, though it may be hard to see on most SmashBoards themes) The main hazard on this stage is the wind. There are two trees to the left and right of Windy castle - at random points an extremely strong gust will start on either the left or right of the stage, which is visually signalled by the tree on whichever side the gust is moving in addition to Peppa-style wind effects. These gusts can go up or down, leading to tricky climbs; a tough fight to stay as king of the hill; or a grave punishment for walkoff camping.

Given how high up the castle is, there are also clouds that appear in front of the foreground to cover up the battle - a la Duck Hunt grass.

Top Bottom