• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has there been a new meta-game formed for Project M DDD?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
King DeDeDe feels nearly identical to his Brawl counterpart, which I prefer to be honest. I love how Project M has definitely stretched out what a single character can do in terms of playstyle, really helping to define them and improve their meta-game (perfect example: Ganondorf and Meta Knight). I know there's a strong meta-game for DDD, but does that still work in the new Project M makeover? Has it been technically a nerf to his playstyle since his transition to the new melee styled engine? He just feels so similar that I'm not sure how well of a transition he's made, and many fan-made tier lists don't put him so high up, so does that mean he's no longer an effective character compared to the rest of the roster?

D

Deleted member

Fly owned me with his DDD, I played him in pools at LTC. So I guess you could say he's pretty good lol

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
There are quite some differences with brawl that change his playstyle. Here are some that comes into mind:
1) Dash dancing into grab. His grab range is amazing, plus you can jump cancel the grabs.
2) Approach in some situations with Dair or another aerial. Since you can L-cancel those, its pretty much harder for DDD to get punished.
3) Fsmash is stupidly strong and has a spike hitbox.
4) I Find edgeguarding pretty easy with him. I didn't play him in brawl, but i think it was harder since people could air dodge infinite times... Now you can predict and react, Fair is pretty strong and covers great distance, so is Bair. Dtilt and Fsmash are great for those who look for the sweetspot (which didn't matter in brawl, cause they autosweetspotted).
5) Pick pink color and proceed to crouch...his fabulousness is beyond limits.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I typically just go for tricksies with L-Canceled Fairs into instagrab and tech chase all day from there.

Nequ

Smash Cadet
WaddleDeeRecovery is kinda unique and awesome as ****. I just think he's a victim in the most ways like playing against Marth, Shiek or Falco

Top Bottom